Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Paris Massacre

Says who?

Every now and again things happen that captures the emotions of a whole nation. The natural reaction is for people to congregate in a show of solidarity. Events like the death of Diana, the Queens Jubilee, opposition to the Iraq war and marches to support CND and striking miners come to mind. The hard reality though is that most protests and demonstrations achieve absolutely nothing, so perhaps Rhodes is making a valid point. Even thinking the way I do though, I would still have been there had I been in Paris over the weekend as it would have seemed the right thing to do.

Unfortunately,  the massive show of support over the weekend could actually inspire the murdering lunatics that carry out this kind of carnage, as they are now more aware than ever how much we cherish our way of life, and how important their evil ideology is becoming in attempting to destroy it. 

Edited by romford boy

Unfortunately, the massive show of support over the weekend could actually inspire the murdering lunatics that carry out this kind of carnage

I couldn't agree more

Romford boy does have a point,and also they could inspire the far right on certain countries to play on people's feelings to gain a foothold,I think le penn in France has been very vocal and they will I am sure thrive on this...hopefully not too much but they will obviously pick up some votes.

The UK tends not to get caught up as much,yes UKIP may get some support but they are nowhere near as dangerous as le penns party,despite what some would have you believe

I see that the funeral of Charlie Hebdo editor Stephane 'Charb' Charbonnier took place in Paris yesterday, RIP:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2913627/A-salute-fallen-Former-colleagues-raise-hands-former-Charlie-Hebdo-editor-Charb-laid-rest-Paris.html