Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

17th January Results

Smudge

Ascot Utd. 1 - 1 CWU  H-T

Ascot took the lead after 7 minutes, Colliers equalize on 42.

Colliers down to 10 men after red card 56 mins.

Ascot go 2-1 up from penalty spot after 61.

Colliers equalize 2 mins later.

Latest score 2-2

Edited by jellyjumbo

Finished 4-2 to Ascot with 2 goals in the last 5 minutes.

Harsh on CWU who did really well to come back after having Pearcey sent off for handball although it appeared the ball hit on the shoulder.  Penalty didn't look like it was one either.  So Ascot got the decision IMO.

CWU go it a go though.

Ashford 1 - 2 Westfield. Good game to watch with the ref letting play flow and not blowing his whistle every 2 seconds like some do. The playing surface was soft as you would expect from the recent rainfall but never the less both teams played without anything nasty to ruin the game. The tackles were not at all nasty and crdit to both teams for the way they performed. Westfield were giving a good performance all over the park and denied Ashford the chance to put any pressure on their goal. What did get through was comfortably dealt with by the Westfield keeper Stuart Norman. Ashford did have one clear cut chance headed off the line. Half time saw both teams going in goal less and the second half started much the same as the first with Westfield applying much of the pressure. Their efforts were rewarded with a goal around 10 minutes in and they seemed to be in total control. Westfield should have had a second but for a brilliant defensive challenge as an open goal was gaping. Late into the game Ashford upped their pace and with 5 minutes of normal time left they equalised from a low cross that was met at the far post. It looked like Ashford could possibly nick the 3 points as they turned up the heat but Westfield dug in hard as they had all game and deep into stoppage time hit Ashford on the break and a cracking shot into the top corner from 20 yards out gave the outstretched Ashford keeper no chance. A deserved victory for Westfield who worked hard all game. The only downside to the game was firstly the 8 quid entrance fee, not that it will break my bank but I do think for that money the tea bar could get proper boiling water. I had 2 cups of tea that were both warm and not hot, so much so you coulld drink them straight down with no fear of getting burnt. My wifes coffee ended up in the bin as the water was not hot enough to disolve the granules, even after returning them the next cups were as bad.. Shame as that was the only downside of an entertaining afternoon.

Molesey A v A Frimley Green

Abandoned? Never got started as they refused to play with the seven that bothered to turn up.

Absolutely gutted after the effort put in but more to come on that.

Waste of a day!

Thats a joke Steve how can they turn up with 7 players only. It,s the people who work hard for there clubs who i feel sorry for. Sorry Frimley thats not Good Enough :hump:

Ashford 1 - 2 Westfield. Good game to watch with the ref letting play flow and not blowing his whistle every 2 seconds like some do. The playing surface was soft as you would expect from the recent rainfall but never the less both teams played without anything nasty to ruin the game. The tackles were not at all nasty and crdit to both teams for the way they performed. Westfield were giving a good performance all over the park and denied Ashford the chance to put any pressure on their goal. What did get through was comfortably dealt with by the Westfield keeper Stuart Norman. Ashford did have one clear cut chance headed off the line. Half time saw both teams going in goal less and the second half started much the same as the first with Westfield applying much of the pressure. Their efforts were rewarded with a goal around 10 minutes in and they seemed to be in total control. Westfield should have had a second but for a brilliant defensive challenge as an open goal was gaping. Late into the game Ashford upped their pace and with 5 minutes of normal time left they equalised from a low cross that was met at the far post. It looked like Ashford could possibly nick the 3 points as they turned up the heat but Westfield dug in hard as they had all game and deep into stoppage time hit Ashford on the break and a cracking shot into the top corner from 20 yards out gave the outstretched Ashford keeper no chance. A deserved victory for Westfield who worked hard all game. The only downside to the game was firstly the 8 quid entrance fee, not that it will break my bank but I do think for that money the tea bar could get proper boiling water. I had 2 cups of tea that were both warm and not hot, so much so you coulld drink them straight down with no fear of getting burnt. My wifes coffee ended up in the bin as the water was not hot enough to disolve the granules, even after returning them the next cups were as bad.. Shame as that was the only downside of an entertaining afternoon.

Glad you enjoyed it Jellybean as we definitely did in the away dugout! Lovely people at Ashford - thanks for the usual great hospitality. I thought we were worth the win and players worked ever so hard, especially given they hadn't played since December 20th at Hanworth.

Glad you enjoyed it Jellybean as we definitely did in the away dugout! Lovely people at Ashford - thanks for the usual great hospitality. I thought we were worth the win and players worked ever so hard, especially given they hadn't played since December 20th at Hanworth.

Great game to watch Dave and like you say We were worthy of the win, congrats to the players on a hard fought victory, onwards and upwards !!!!!!!

Ive stayed away about commenting on Ash games as people would get bored off me say another one goal defeat..

However today i just cant keep quiet... Great to see a former ccl club back in action & all the very best for Cobham for the remainder of the season, they deserved the win today

However i really hate moaning about the officials but today's referee has to be the WORST in seen in years.

A 19yr old whose never played at this level being pushed through far far too quickly by the fa's.On a heavy & slippery pitch couldnt judge what was a foul or not & by the end had no idea at all, 10 bookings & a sending off...8 bookings & a sending off for ash....even giving Cobham a winning penalty when everyone in the ground still hasnt a clue (at that was coming from cobham assistant manager in the bar over a couple pints)

Why cant the fa just allow the referee's to develop in their own time?

rant over

GRUMPY

Edited by aupostie

Finished 4-2 to Ascot with 2 goals in the last 5 minutes.

Harsh on CWU who did really well to come back after having Pearcey sent off for handball although it appeared the ball hit on the shoulder. Penalty didn't look like it was one either. So Ascot got the decision IMO.

CWU go it a go though.

Kroons you know me and I'm honest,I promise it hit me in the chest,the ref was appalling (same old excuse).I'm devastated and feel we were cheated especially after being elbowed and ref said he never touched when I have blood pooring from my nose.i feel for tony,sue,Chris and the hard working people at colliers wood who have been robbed of £2000.

Pearcey

I was with Krooner and must admit we were not sure about the decision, but the assistant referee gave it and once the referee blows, there was only one decision he could make. but if you look at the photos on Ascot's twitter from Andy Nunn, it shows it hitting your arm..

thought you played well. but always though goals would come at both ends...and we agreed that at full time the score was right..but in the extra time I think the 7 had a chance...or was that just before the end of normal time...didn't take it and then it did look like Ascot would get that one chance as you tired, and the sub Grant took both his goals well.

I know the result was not what you hoped for, but hope you enjoyed the vist to the Racecourse ground.

Banstead 1-1 Lammas

Good performance by our lads and I think we deserved of won it to be honest.

Stuart Bamford, Liam Stone, George Olulode, Dan Lucas & Ben Jacob played very well not to mention the old boy at right back ;-)

Disappointed that players failed to turn up and left us with no subs for the game today, must say that the player commitment is the worst that I have witnessed this season at Lammas and feel sorry for the management.

Pearcey

I was with Krooner and must admit we were not sure about the decision, but the assistant referee gave it and once the referee blows, there was only one decision he could make. but if you look at the photos on Ascot's twitter from Andy Nunn, it shows it hitting your arm..

thought you played well. but always though goals would come at both ends...and we agreed that at full time the score was right..but in the extra time I think the 7 had a chance...or was that just before the end of normal time...didn't take it and then it did look like Ascot would get that one chance as you tired, and the sub Grant took both his goals well.

I know the result was not what you hoped for, but hope you enjoyed the vist to the Racecourse ground.

Tony I appreciate what your saying and what the photos may imply but it hit me in the chest,I have the ball print on my shirt,ball never touched my arm.i can't prove it but those that were close know what happened.nothing can change the result but it feels unjust.

Ive stayed away about commenting on Ash games as people would get bored off me say another one goal defeat..

However today i just cant keep quiet... Great to see a former ccl club back in action & all the very best for Cobham for the remainder of the season, they deserved the win today

However i really hate moaning about the officials but today's referee has to be the WORST in seen in years.

I have to say he was not good and he was too quick to get his card out he didnt give himself thinking time.(haircut was dodgy too and didnt help his credibility).

It wasnt a dirty game at all.

I have to say I was surprised the game went ahead as the pitch in places looked almost 'boggy' (no criticism of the groundsman who is doing a great job to get games on.

A 19yr old whose never played at this level being pushed through far far too quickly by the fa's.On a heavy & slippery pitch couldnt judge what was a foul or not & by the end had no idea at all, 10 bookings & a sending off...8 bookings & a sending off for ash....even giving Cobham a winning penalty when everyone in the ground still hasnt a clue (at that was coming from cobham assistant manager in the bar over a couple pints)

Why cant the fa just allow the referee's to develop in their own time?

rant over

GRUMPY

What did happen at molesey yesterday?

Are frimley allowed to play with 7?

7 is the minimum required to kick off. I've seen it happen before on a Sunday when the lads have sore heads in the morning but never at Step 5. Does that mean 9 didn't turn up ? Duncs will explain what happened as he's the gaffer at the moment.