Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rumour Thread

Smudge

Just a couple of snippets.

Duncs and Bad Guy have eloped to Gretna Green to tie the knot,after a peace pact.Neither have posted for 7 days,is it time to inform Interpol of their disappearance.

Secondly,I am reliably informed that Sandhurst Town will be leaving the CCL at the end of this Season,such a shame.

Duncs and Bad Guy have eloped to Gretna Green to tie the knot,after a peace pact.Neither have posted for 7 days,is it time to inform Interpol of their disappearance.

Secondly,I am reliably informed that Sandhurst Town will be leaving the CCL at the end of this Season,such a shame.

Bad news for our division 1 Smudge. I can see a 10 team league playing each other four times the way it is going!

Hello Smudge, still sniping I see.

Well not to disappoint, I did ask Duncs to come to Tenerife with me for a short winter break to get away from you  :rolleyes: ....but he declined, 'cos I have read since that he had already booked trip to Molesey   ;) .  Seriously tho', as you are so concerned, perhaps I should have asked you to come with me, but not sure how my Missus would feel about that continious sniping of yours whilst away ....... :P

So the demise of Sandhurst.... what a shame..... but why ?  Haven't they just got a new manager ?  Was he aware of this before taking up the Managers post ?    

I heard this week that the Hellenic Divisions One West and East were being assimilated into one. Obviously that would mean some big journeys for some, so those in the London, Berkshire, Middlesex area might be coming over to us like Rayners Lane, Wokingham & Emmbrook and Finchampstead, assuming they all have lights, which I'm not aware of.

That would help increase our Div 1 at least to a similar size as is the case now with Abbey Rangers (who I'm told have lights), T & M Wanderers (at Whyteleafe) and Balham (unknown) maybe supplementing the numbers.

Pity if Sandhurst go though.

Edited by E&E Rich

I heard this week that the Hellenic Divisions One West and East were being assimilated into one. Obviously that would mean some big journeys for some, so those in the London, Berkshire, Middlesex area might be coming over to us like Rayners Lane, Wokingham & Emmbrook and Finchampstead, assuming they all have lights, which I'm not aware of.

That would help increase our Div 1 at least to a similar size as is the case now with Abbey Rangers (who I'm told have lights), T & M Wanderers (at Whyteleafe) and Balham (unknown) maybe supplementing the numbers.

Wokingham 1st team now sharing at Henley. Rayners Lane have lights now I think. Not sure about Finchampstead though doubt it. Balham do not have a suitable ground at present.

Rayners Lane have lights now I think.

Yep they do and its a nice little ground and club as well.

Abbey have lights which they use for training, I guess they would need rails erected around the pitch and some minor adjustments for step 6, I believe Abbey have the potential to do well, very well run club and the most welcoming people I have ever come across in the club house.

Abbey have lights which they use for training, I guess they would need rails erected around the pitch and some minor adjustments for step 6, I believe Abbey have the potential to do well, very well run club and the most welcoming people I have ever come across in the club house.

Abbey Rangers (2) 3 

Shottermill & Hazlemere (0) 1 

Surrey Intermediate Cup Quarter Final 

Att 25 (headcount) 

"Found this game by chance when checking others in the area, the game had been switched on Friday from Shottermill. I quite liked this set up, welcoming clubhouse with bar and canteen selling hot food and drink. Large car park and other good off the field facilities for spectators. From the clubhouse looking out directly in front of you running length ways is a floodlit area big enough to stage senior games but at present only used for training. I was told the club are looking at making this a 3G area and maybe getting it up to the standard required for step 6. Beyond this pitch again running length ways is the current first team pitch this has brick built dug-outs painted in black & white the clubs colours. To the right of this pitch are two more full sized pitches the 2nd XI were playing on the one furthest away and beyond that is a slightly smaller pitch. The club run many teams for both sexes covering all ages and abilities. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. The club are currently issuing a monthly magazine / fanzine which can be downloaded from the clubs website though currently their is not mention of a January edition. They are also prolific Tweeters and give constant up dates on games and basically what is going on at the club. I also ascertained there is some building work going to be carried out very soon, I think a the school next door which may change things a bit. The clubs ground is the former playing field of said school. 

The game was very good and Shottermill though always second best were competitive at all times. They got the game back to 2-1 with 20 minutes to go but the home team got a third and then lay siege to the Shottermill goal. The pitch was a tad muddy and you could hear it squelch in places, I'm sure some referees would have not played the game in this day and age. 

The ground is only a mile or so off of the M25 it is more or less next to the first roundabout on the A317 after turning off of the M25. I took a cross country route to the ground only using one junction of the M3 and one of the M25 going via Bracknell and Pangbourne this route cut a good 10 to 15 miles off of the SatNav route and only took 5 or so minutes longer as Bracknell was behaving itself."

'I heard this week' always comes after people on NonLeagueMatters update their 'what next season could look like' predictions. At the weekend the fella who does them decided to relegate all step 6 teams without the grading thus leaving the Hellenic with one division at step 6. That doesn't mean the FA will do the same thing. Although they might of course....

He always puts Fleet Spurs and Dorking Wanderers in our League as well. That usually ends up with someone saying 'I heard Dorking Wanderers are moving to the CCL'. It still hasn't happened - although it might.

Sandhurst's resignation is (or was) provisional. Now they have Millie & Jelly there they might turn the club around and the resignation could get withdrawn.

This is the current spreadsheet - it'll be different next week and someone else will be saying 'I've heard so and so is happening'. I thought people may have realised it's just one bloke's guess after all these years.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/163rQigkU0WPSVnsENhnFbiBiH54sRi_QY3PLOtz0MuQ/edit?pli=1#gid=0

'I heard this week' always comes after people on NonLeagueMatters update their 'what next season could look like' predictions. At the weekend the fella who does them decided to relegate all step 6 teams without the grading thus leaving the Hellenic with one division at step 6. That doesn't mean the FA will do the same thing. Although they might of course....

He always puts Fleet Spurs and Dorking Wanderers in our League as well. That usually ends up with someone saying 'I heard Dorking Wanderers are moving to the CCL'. It still hasn't happened - although it might.

Sandhurst's resignation is (or was) provisional. Now they have Millie & Jelly there they might turn the club around and the resignation could get withdrawn.

This is the current spreadsheet - it'll be different next week and someone else will be saying 'I've heard so and so is happening'. I thought people may have realised it's just one bloke's guess after all these years.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/163rQigkU0WPSVnsENhnFbiBiH54sRi_QY3PLOtz0MuQ/edit?pli=1#gid=0

That's not where I heard it from Russ, although I concede that the person I heard it from may have got it from there :)

I won't go into our situation as there is a lot of work going on at the moment with bits and bobs (apologies for being vague)

Just a shame to see this level of football being ripped to shreds for pretty much no reason? 

The teams that the league are going to lose and potentially not be able to bring over makes it such a frustrating time and not just with the CCL as someone pointed out above.

Any chance of a last minute u turn by the F.A?? If not then it's going to be a mad few months ahead.

Happy New Year BTW  :D