Fans Focus - Non League football clubs

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brightside Bloke

Billericay Town v Witham Town

Saturday 24th January

1st XI v Witham Town
League
K.O. 15:00

Weather is looking promising for Saturday Fingers crossed it'll stay that way.

Last time out away to Witham. 

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/withamtown/s/match-centre-72355/1-1008462/

post-3040-0-49041800-1421951030_thumb.jpg

------->  Unofficially   <--------   

There is no pitch inspection planned for todays game V Witham Town

In fact it's Quite Sunny on the Brightside of the street. 

• Similar Content

• By nonleaguegenius
      I want to get everyone's opinions about the refs in this league, i've witnessed some of the worst refs i've ever seen this season alone. So arrogant and busy its a joke does anybody else feel the same about them ????
    • By nonleaguegenius
      i know there a lot of awful managers at this level, but there has to be a contender for the worst.....
    • By The Mayor Of Simpleton
      http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=394588;page=2;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;guest=70628172

Would you like to see a similar campaign in the Combined Counties?
    • By AK11
      Hi all, hope you don't mind me posting here.

I'm not sure if anybody here has heard of a player called Christian Bulembi, but he is a striker aged 19 who has previously played for Leyton Orient and Peterborough United. His nationality is DR Congo, and he holds a UK Passport.

Christian is looking for a new club and would love to speak with interested clubs. He is East London based and can be contacted on 07428653709.

No, I'm not his agent by the way! Just seen an ad from him on Football Finder and thought you guys might be interested in him.
    • By AK11
      I have heard a rumour that, within the next few years, a few clubs currently playing in the Welsh leagues may try looking towards the English non-league system and dispense with the FAW's jurisdiction.

This comes on the back of Rhyl and Connah's Quay making noises about switching to the North West Counties League last summer - the latter after they had been overlooked for promotion to the Welsh Premier League in favour of Afan Lido.

The clubs in question are thought to include Bridgend Town and Barry Town, both of whom played in the English non-league system up until 1992.

My question is, and please consider that the Western League will soon be 'topped up' with clubs, should Bridgend Town and Barry Town (and indeed other interested applicants from the other side of Offa's Dyke) be allowed to move across to the English non-league system.

No doubt their grounds will easily be good enough for Step 3, but should they be made to start in Western 1 if they do decide that their future lies within the English non-league system?