Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Smudge

GAMES OFF 31st Jan.

Any news from up Chipstead way?

Not looking good ... snow covered just down the road and unfortunately not going to be any better at the ground

Suspect I will be going up there shortly to have a look

Feeling awful (bad stomach all week) so not at Ashford v Wood today.

As at 11.00. the following all confirmed OFF

Bedfont Sports

Epsom & Ewell

Molesey

MV SCR

Alton

CB HOunslow

Dorking

Epsom Ath

Farleigh Rovers

Sheerwater

Will try to update further around 12.30 if poss/

Knaphill v Badshot Lea definitely on,after a bit of hard  work by the Groundstaff and volunteers.What happened to the good old days when a dusting of snow,or maybe a puddle or 2 was never a problem.Everyone has either got Lazy,or have become over protectionists.Epsom Ath have a genuine excuse,the Fire Brigade flooded their pitch,whilst putting out the Fire.Do any clubs have water pumps,I ask myself,or even a few buckets of sand?

Knaphill v Badshot Lea definitely on,after a bit of hard  work by the Groundstaff and volunteers.What happened to the good old days when a dusting of snow,or maybe a puddle or 2 was never a problem.Everyone has either got Lazy,or have become over protectionists.

Spot On :top:

Update as at 12.30

Sadly the majority are OFF

It is easier to list the ones that are still ON or at least where as at 12.30 I have not been advised of a postponement.  They are:

Prem

Ashford  v  Colliers Wood United (as at midday pitch was fine with no standing water, so will be on unless the heavens open between now and kick-off)
Frimley Green  v  Hanworth Villa
Hartley Wintney  v  Guildford City
Div One
AFC Croydon  v  Bedfont & Feltham
Sheerwater  v  Eversley & California

There is still time of course for further postponements so best check before travel.

Knaphill v Badshot Lea definitely on,after a bit of hard work by the Groundstaff and volunteers.What happened to the good old days when a dusting of snow,or maybe a puddle or 2 was never a problem.Everyone has either got Lazy,or have become over protectionists.Epsom Ath have a genuine excuse,the Fire Brigade flooded their pitch,whilst putting out the Fire.Do any clubs have water pumps,I ask myself,or even a few buckets of sand?

Knaphill v Badshot Lea definitely on,after a bit of hard work by the Groundstaff and volunteers.What happened to the good old days when a dusting of snow,or maybe a puddle or 2 was never a problem.Everyone has either got Lazy,or have become over protectionists.Epsom Ath have a genuine excuse,the Fire Brigade flooded their pitch,whilst putting out the Fire.Do any clubs have water pumps,I ask myself,or even a few buckets of sand?

Which club were you helping to get their game on today Smudge?

Edited by Stanley Wainwright

Having left chez voice prior to the 1236 post, I got a pretty good look at a pitch with no standing water and in better than doubtful nick at Knaphill. Yes, appearances CAN be deceptive, but it looked like an odd call to me, unless somebody knows of seismic activity, asteroid warnings or some other act of God that put the mockers on an afternoon's footy, this was a strange one. Happy to be put right.