Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Are CCL Clubs missing the boat ?

Smudge

Mr.Negative,when was the last time you saw a Safety Bod at a CCL game? With the amount of supporters attending most games,it would not be a massive task to clear an area to the 100 SEATER Stands that are required at this level surely.

If local authorities have anything to do with the setting up of these things, you can be sure there will be one lurking nearby.  First sign of ice in anything other than their g and t and they'll be scared of being taken to court. Sad reflection of the ambulance chasing times we live in, I'm afraid.

Im quite sure we've exhausted this topic on many previous occasions.

Opinions are divided on who prefers what surface.

But we are all agreed getting the funding for every single non league club is never ever going to happen. So who are the lucky ones that should get the grants from the council??

And what happens when the surface needs relaying in 10 years time but the council wont fund it again and the football club havent saved up the funds to do it?? Its not like it can just be turned back into grass is it??

It just wont happen fellas!

In my opinion,  spend any available money on good drainage, get pitches up to a good standard, try and keep them there.

Johnno heard a little rumour,that once Tescos,Sainsburys, have bought up all the Pubs for their express shops.They will turn their attention to buying up Football Clubs with grass pitches,an installing 3g surfaces for local Communities.

Maybe some of the obscene sums paid by TV for top level football could be ring fenced into a central fund, to provide grants for installing 3G surfaces in non-league?

for every non league club????

Anyone want to venture a guess at how many that might be??

It would be interesting to see the books at Maidstone after 5 years to see the revenue generated by the hiring of the pitch alone and I think it may surprise some on here

Min 80 an hour for a min of 5 hours a day mostly on average 6.5 days a week ( all being minim figures ) works out at 135,000 ish a year

Being a business there would be the usual tax stuff etc but that is without any other revenue streams coming from the use of it (club house etc) schools colleges other clubs work teams etc etc would do block bookings

Must agree tho the initial funding is painful but potential grants etc would be a no brainer in most clubs eyes

One round the corner from me could be doing it this/ next year and once they have the revenue it creates will mean they may not be a Combined Counties Premier league member for long

No. It would be like the football foundation or whatever it is where you can apply for a grant to help build a stand etc. Not all the cost obviously but a proportion of it. Not every club needs or possibly wants 3G - Windsor for example, their pitch looks amazing at the end of the season let alone the start.

Starting the season a week or two earlier could help also playing some of the County/League cups in pre - season may also help but its been talked about before loads of times its up to the big wigs.

Middlesex clubs have consistently said they don't want County Cup ties in pre-season, which is why it doesn't happen. Once the draw's made, if any club wants to bring a game forward, all they have to do is agree a date with their opponents and give Middlesex FA enough notice to get officials organised.

No. It would be like the football foundation or whatever it is where you can apply for a grant to help build a stand etc. Not all the cost obviously but a proportion of it. Not every club needs or possibly wants 3G - Windsor for example, their pitch looks amazing at the end of the season let alone the start.

Maybe there is a case,for not warming up on the pitch then  ;)

Middlesex clubs have consistently said they don't want County Cup ties in pre-season, which is why it doesn't happen. Once the draw's made, if any club wants to bring a game forward, all they have to do is agree a date with their opponents and give Middlesex FA enough notice to get officials organised.

Crikey Club Power rules the roost. Thats a first.

Windsor would love the revenue it brings with it though

One of the problems I see is when it is really windy and you can't put a divot in the 3G to keep the ball still.

I don't really have an opinion any more on the subject given I am pretty much retired.  I prefer it when the pitches are soft as it is more forgiving on my hips but then the 3G is better for the hips than a rock hard summer pitch.

Maybe if we had 3G pitches 15 years ago I may not have broken my leg as the centre forward would have not bothered sliding for a ball he was never going to get to.

these are the prices for Cox Green 3G in Maidenhead

Adult - per hour

Half Pitch   £57.50

Whole Pitch   £115.00

Junior - per hour

Half Pitch   £35.00

Whole Pitch   £70.00

Edited by Terrence Collina

Doubt there's many Clubs at this level able to raise the required funding (£400k+) for installation ? 

....and there lies the problem Green Fingers.  All well and good in a perfect world to have 3/4G but resources are the main factor... MONEY !  Talk as much as we want for and against but most clubs having 3/4G will never happen unless there is a sugar daddy, council assistance or FA funding or funding via another source, so until then, get used to grass games 'cos thats what its going to be.....

Wonder if any teams will be playing or training on a 3G tonight in the local area. Snowing hell !!!

A damn sight more than teams taht will be playing on their grass pitches tonight ;)