Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Smudge

Are CCL Clubs missing the boat ?

No. It would be like the football foundation or whatever it is where you can apply for a grant to help build a stand etc. Not all the cost obviously but a proportion of it. Not every club needs or possibly wants 3G - Windsor for example, their pitch looks amazing at the end of the season let alone the start.

I wonder if this amazing 3G/4G pitch can handle the snow and sub zero conditions we've had recently?? 

Underpitch heating?  :boxing:

Starting the season a week or two earlier could help also playing some of the County/League cups in pre - season may also help but its been talked about before loads of times its up to the big wigs.

Middlesex clubs have consistently said they don't want County Cup ties in pre-season, which is why it doesn't happen. Once the draw's made, if any club wants to bring a game forward, all they have to do is agree a date with their opponents and give Middlesex FA enough notice to get officials organised.

No. It would be like the football foundation or whatever it is where you can apply for a grant to help build a stand etc. Not all the cost obviously but a proportion of it. Not every club needs or possibly wants 3G - Windsor for example, their pitch looks amazing at the end of the season let alone the start.

Maybe there is a case,for not warming up on the pitch then  ;)

Middlesex clubs have consistently said they don't want County Cup ties in pre-season, which is why it doesn't happen. Once the draw's made, if any club wants to bring a game forward, all they have to do is agree a date with their opponents and give Middlesex FA enough notice to get officials organised.

Crikey Club Power rules the roost. Thats a first.

Windsor would love the revenue it brings with it though

One of the problems I see is when it is really windy and you can't put a divot in the 3G to keep the ball still.

I don't really have an opinion any more on the subject given I am pretty much retired.  I prefer it when the pitches are soft as it is more forgiving on my hips but then the 3G is better for the hips than a rock hard summer pitch.

Maybe if we had 3G pitches 15 years ago I may not have broken my leg as the centre forward would have not bothered sliding for a ball he was never going to get to.

these are the prices for Cox Green 3G in Maidenhead

Adult - per hour

Half Pitch   £57.50

Whole Pitch   £115.00

Junior - per hour

Half Pitch   £35.00

Whole Pitch   £70.00

Edited by Terrence Collina

Doubt there's many Clubs at this level able to raise the required funding (£400k+) for installation ? 

....and there lies the problem Green Fingers.  All well and good in a perfect world to have 3/4G but resources are the main factor... MONEY !  Talk as much as we want for and against but most clubs having 3/4G will never happen unless there is a sugar daddy, council assistance or FA funding or funding via another source, so until then, get used to grass games 'cos thats what its going to be.....

Wonder if any teams will be playing or training on a 3G tonight in the local area. Snowing hell !!!

Wonder if any teams will be playing or training on a 3G tonight in the local area. Snowing hell !!!

A damn sight more than teams taht will be playing on their grass pitches tonight ;)

Badshot Lea Vs Hanworth Villa is OFF.

Evidently so is the 4G we were meant to be training on.

So it's back to the old school indoor session tonight.

Maybe that answers your questions.

Albeit, I am in favour of 4G.

Personally I prefer to see games being played on the traditional grass surface. But at this level of football they should be an awful lot better and that includes my club as well. How do the FA expect young kids to learn the skills to play passing football and truely progress to a better level of football. But maybe this has some impact on home grown talent and why we don't perform on an international front.

Money from the football foundation is becoming more difficult for 3G facilities. Surrey Heath BC turned down their offer for funding as it was too small and they wanted a clause saying that if we made a profit they would want that money put back into football and that would not be controlled by the council. So if some think they can get the funding then run for the hills with the profit you may have to think again.

You can get an attachment to remove snow from 3G facilities so they should be open vertually all year. The one in Frimley Green is open tonight yet the FG pitch is not playable

Badshot Lea Vs Hanworth Villa is OFF.

Evidently so is the 4G we were meant to be training on.

So it's back to the old school indoor session tonight.

Maybe that answers your questions.

Albeit, I am in favour of 4G.

Must have been that health and safety bloke with his clipboard again!

Personally I prefer to see games being played on the traditional grass surface. But at this level of football they should be an awful lot better and that includes my club as well. How do the FA expect young kids to learn the skills to play passing football and truely progress to a better level of football. But maybe this has some impact on home grown talent and why we don't perform on an international front.

Money from the football foundation is becoming more difficult for 3G facilities. Surrey Heath BC turned down their offer for funding as it was too small and they wanted a clause saying that if we made a profit they would want that money put back into football and that would not be controlled by the council. So if some think they can get the funding then run for the hills with the profit you may have to think again.

You can get an attachment to remove snow from 3G facilities so they should be open vertually all year. The one in Frimley Green is open tonight yet the FG pitch is not playable

so I presume the game is off tonight then mate

We were training on the 4G in Aldershot Barracks. I'm imagining that the surface is now playable, but no one is still allowed on it.

I'm guessing this down to there worry of insurance purposes. Rather than being unplayable.

Yes sorry Paul. Moggy should of text Paul Edwards earlier

it'll be up the hill tonight then,good opportunity to get a hard one in,its probably much needed.

Great news for Bedfont Sports according to their twitter site.

Planning permission granted for the installation of a 3G playing surface where their main pitch is now.

BS will be crying all the way to the bank when they are generating revenue streams other clubs can only dream about