Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cobham FC now a farce!

So are you telling me they have no affiliation to the club? they turn up mob handed vote everyone out they don't want and change the locks and take over!! Hell and hand cart come to mind

Pretty much!

Pretty much!

Right then Ashford town is nice who fancies going over there and taking the place over!! It's a joke taking advantage of a club trying to get back on it's feet, the league and authorities need to step in Now!!

Do some digging. Find out who the acquaintances are of the man behind the coup.

I did and based on what I found I am not at all surprised at this turn of events.

So, what steel does the FA have? What is the league going to do? What are other members clubs going to do when asked to retify this theft?

I have read it all went to court a few weeks back, probably doesn't matter if this is  pleasant or correct in our views, just matters if it's legal or not.

Football clubs have lots of different ways of establishing and running themselves, and a members club with few active members is at risk, as is a club run by a limited company with no cash or plan.

Is membership to Cobham FC open to anyone? If we are all that worried about it, join up and vote.

So sad at how real footballing people have been treated here. For those of you that don't know Ken very well, as I didnt when I first joined Mole Valley, he can be stubborn and a nightmare. For those of you that get to know him, you'll know he is one of the kindest people in football that will do anything for anyone. He works non stop for his club, and has had nothing but the interests of Cobham FC in his heart and has dedicated so much time and expenditure keeping that club going.

Let's hope this sorry state of affairs concludes soon, and here's to hoping that that everyone involved in this has the good of Cobham FC in their hearts and not just personal wishes and ambitions.

So sad at how real footballing people have been treated here. For those of you that don't know Ken very well, as I didnt when I first joined Mole Valley, he can be stubborn and a nightmare. For those of you that get to know him, you'll know he is one of the kindest people in football that will do anything for anyone. He works non stop for his club, and has had nothing but the interests of Cobham FC in his heart and has dedicated so much time and expenditure keeping that club going.

Let's hope this sorry state of affairs concludes soon, and here's to hoping that that everyone involved in this has the good of Cobham FC in their hearts and not just personal wishes and ambitions.

Hmmm!

The UKFF link just confirms that they are only doing this to take advantage of Cobham FC and basically use the club for its facilities and place in the football pyramid for their own advantage. The following link also shows just how desperately they need a club becuase when the director of football and ex-manager was appointed they decided to quit they league they should of been in and use the CCL.

http://www.ukfffc.co.uk/club/News/view/846053

When they were originally appointed it was unknown that this was their initaitive and after the Chairmen found that nobody was interested in Cobham he sacked the manager as it was not being run correctly as a CLUB. I've heard that barely anybody would use the bar after the game and if they did they would just ask for water. It is the Chairmens perogative to sack the manager especially after this mess. Cobham FC should not be responsible for the UKFF but that is ultimately what is happening and why so much effort is going into re-appoint the old manager.

The de-registered players that are apparently "members" are mostly listed on the following page. I have to say the amount of players and staff is quite amusing considering there is only one team at Cobham. I've seen clubs in the Premiership with less staff and players!

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cobham/s/the-team-122031.html

I have read it all went to court a few weeks back, probably doesn't matter if this is  pleasant or correct in our views, just matters if it's legal or not.

Football clubs have lots of different ways of establishing and running themselves, and a members club with few active members is at risk, as is a club run by a limited company with no cash or plan.

Is membership to Cobham FC open to anyone? If we are all that worried about it, join up and vote.

TSF,you have hit the nail on the head,what happened was legal as far as the Meeting,if a little underhand.It also had the backing of a County Court Judge and Ken Reed to take place,reason being that the previously sacked Director of Football was allowed to Chair the meeting,write the Agenda,tells its own story,hence the Bouncers and police presence.But unfortunenately they had done their homework re The Constitution as regards what constituted being a Member of Cobham FC,and used it to there advantage.The exclusion of any members of Surrey FA,Combined Counties League Representatives at the meeting,further underlines their intentions of a Coup de Tait.

Most members club constitutions are similar and in all cases I am aware of, players are members of the club, but not paid up members, effectively meaning that they have no vote. This is the case at Epsom & Ewell and I am sure many others too. Otherwise many clubs the size of Cobham with half a dozen regulars could be taken over by a former Manager and 15-20 of his mates.

Clearly this should be looked into by the Surrey FA as I would have thought (don't know for certain, mind) that they would have the right to veto situations like this.

TSF,you have hit the nail on the head,what happened was legal as far as the Meeting,if a little underhand.It also had the backing of a County Court Judge and Ken Reed to take place,reason being that the previously sacked Director of Football was allowed to Chair the meeting,write the Agenda,tells its own story,hence the Bouncers and police presence.But unfortunenately they had done their homework re The Constitution as regards what constituted being a Member of Cobham FC,and used it to there advantage.The exclusion of any members of Surrey FA,Combined Counties League Representatives at the meeting,further underlines their intentions of a Coup de Tait.

Ewemade a Wilde spelling error in Coup de Tate, smudge...

The UKFF link just confirms that they are only doing this to take advantage of Cobham FC and basically use the club for its facilities and place in the football pyramid for their own advantage. The following link also shows just how desperately they need a club becuase when the director of football and ex-manager was appointed they decided to quit they league they should of been in and use the CCL.

http://www.ukfffc.co.uk/club/News/view/846053

It's a bit disingenuous of them to say they quit the league they should have been in. They resigned the season before....

http://www.ukfffc.co.uk/club/248797/News/view/834600