Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cobham FC now a farce!

Now many will ask why did Ken Reed get rid of the Dream team Obator and Wilde in the first place,as they were having success on the pitch.Well if you have ever been to Cobham you will know that,even before you play them you do not warm up on the pitch,you warm up out the front of the ground,similar to Ashford when I last watched a game there.The reason being that large sums of money are spent during the Off Season, getting the pitch back to a decent standard.Alas this was not happening at the Leg of Mutton,on regular occassions there were upwards of 40 players training on the newly laid main pitch,not just once a week,i may add.And to add salt to the wound,under Floodlights as well.Then there was the issue of missing kit,you can imagine with upwards of 70 trialists having been signed up,to play for Cobham,would not take long for items to go missing an odd sock/shirt/training top/shorts here and they would soon add up.Obator and Wilde took no notice of warnings not to train on the pitch,and failed to get back the missing kit.The final straw came when deliberately on match day,no team sheet was written out before the game started,no balls were placed in the dressing rooms,no match balls placed in the Refs room which incurred League fines.The final straw came when the game was over,not one player or Manager from Cobham came into the Clubhouse after,they left the ground straight away after it had finished.Little John Heath who was Kens sidekick for the previous season,who I have met on many occassions,was part of these goings on,and should be ashamed of himself.Loves a free beer does our John.

So Obator/Wilde/Heath were given their marching orders rightly in my opinion.

My final say for now on this matter knowing that the CCL League,Surrey FA,read this website,why is it that you take Money off of Clubs for years to feather your own nests,but when a fully paid up Member hits problems,you are either unable or scared to Help him in his time of need.Show some backbone and get this mess sorted.Ken Reed after all was  elected by the Clubs,as a Member of your Committee,not so long ago.He gave you Good Service, unpaid I may add.So please show a bit of decency in return in his time of need.

Interesting point about the leaseholder.

I think any football club has to show it has a lease or a right to play at a ground to play in the league.

I wonder if Cobham FC as an entity have such a document, and if its lodged with anyone.

If so, it might make it a bit hard to stop Cobham FC playing at LoM.

If not, should Cobham FC be in the league anyway?

Strongly suggest we all learn from this and make sure all the paperwork is in place and legal, and not just word of mouth and handshakes.

Now as many know I am  an honest and forthright person,never bullshit,although to look at me,you would think I was a Dodgy Wheeladealer by appearance.However looks/appearance can be deceiving as we all know.

Now I wonder if the learned judge had done her homework in the Ewemade-Orabator v Cobham FC Case,had she checked out Mr Reed,looks a ruffian to me,but we know he is a decent trustworthy person,who occassionally goes into one,that can be forgiven.

However Mr Orabator with his Barrister were probably Booted and suited,clean shaven,looking a million dollars,but as we know looks can be deceiving. I wonder if he had informed the judge of the list of companies he had been involved in.

10 to be precise as a Director, 6 dissolved,2 Resignations,1 in Liquidation,1 non trading,would this be the sort of individual you would want running your affairs?

Just wonder if she had  had this information,would she have come to the same conclusion.Sorry I cannot do links to Companies list,but it does make very interesting reading.

FA Requirement:-Fit and Proper people to run the game,do they really mean it?

I think you are being a bit unkind to the guy Smudge. You can't read too much into that list of directorships, unless you know the circumstances.

As Ive suggested, we dont really know if Cobham FC have survived recently because of Mr Reed or inspite of him.

You couldn't really see Cobham FC progressing , and there must have been doubt about it surviving much longer.

Maybe these new guys will oversee an improvement in Cobham's fortunes,.

If they are genuine football people looking to help youngsters make a way in the game, perhaps we should support them.

They seem well connected , Chipstead FC, academies etc.

If they have acted within the law, then they will be allowed to move on with their plans.

If they have broken the law, they will be found out.

If they have acted dishonourably in anyones view, then you can treat them as you see fit.

There's two sides to every story, and the truth is usually somewhere in between.

I think you are being a bit unkind to the guy Smudge. You can't read too much into that list of directorships, unless you know the circumstances.

As Ive suggested, we dont really know if Cobham FC have survived recently because of Mr Reed or inspite of him.

You couldn't really see Cobham FC progressing , and there must have been doubt about it surviving much longer.

If they are genuine football people looking to help youngsters make a way in the game, perhaps we should support them.

If they have acted within the law, then they will be allowed to move on with their plans.

If they have acted dishonourably in anyones view, then you can treat them as you see fit.

There's two sides to every story, and the truth is usually somewhere in between.

I have been a long time observer of this forum, not always posting but always checking in to see what is happening in the CCL even though my association is a few years in the past, however despite not knowing the specifics of what has happened it looks like enough doubt has been raised, yes subject to validation but doubt none the less to not put such a ridiculous post as this TSF.

If your club ever gets taken over by what looks if reports are accurate like having been in a pretty aggressive hostile way, don't come crying on here or looking for support from other CCL member clubs will you!

We know this forum encourages lively debate and allows opinion, but when will you grasp reality?

I doubt anyone is saying anyone is all good, people don't always get on, like other peoples way of dealing with things and I don't like not getting their on way, so I see that Mr Reed wasn't everyone's cup of tea but looks like despite everything he has been there through the good and not so good times. Reading other posts on this thread there is reasonable grounds to be suspicious and guarded about the new incumbents and I guess their true motivation will eventually come into the public domain along with details of the way they have come to control a long established village football club. I am sure that adequate steps have been taken by the league and local FA people to investigate the dealings and assume that the local council also have a vested interest in the comings and goings at the club as I said it will all come out eventually

Have either party officially made any statement anywhere or is that against the law? 

Many act within the law but not within the spirit of it, 'Genuine football people' would be well known as such by those who have a lengthy association with the sport at this level too.

Whatever happens, Cobham will be associated by many with being a shambles and bringing the sport into disrepute.

New people in? Anyone would think houses on land owned in Cobham go for many millions...what? They do? Oh...OK then.

Edited by thevoiceofreason

Even handedness....even handedness would be nice if these people didn't try and bully their way into a club. I feel sorry for the people keeping Cobham FC alive at this current moment. They are what football is about. Plus you're a spurs fan....no one likes spurs.

That statement is just silly. 

13 members 39 guest and 2 anonymous viewing this topic right now.

I wander if any are the ones involved with all this and are just sitting back laughing (evil laugh) at all this.

I know smudge said we should kinda boycott Cobham FC should the take over go ahead but it will be us clubs that end up with fines for not going in the bar afterwards for "hospitality" so either way we're f@#cked.

Now personally speaking: THIS IS A BLOODY JOKE.

Can understand why the league have not commented on matters, courts,barristers,police, bouncers. Wtf are we dealing with here?

The whole thing stinks. F@#king smells!!

I don'y fully understand the ins and outs of al of this but I personally have always got on very well with Ken and the folk at Cobham so feel for them.

Not sure what Surrey FA or the CCL could have done but would hope going forward that somebody would come up with some guidelines for all football clubs at this level that ensure they put measures in place that will protect them

13 members 39 guest and 2 anonymous viewing this topic right now.

I wander if any are the ones involved with all this and are just sitting back laughing (evil laugh) at all this.

I know smudge said we should kinda boycott Cobham FC should the take over go ahead but it will be us clubs that end up with fines for not going in the bar afterwards for "hospitality" so either way we're f@#cked.

Now personally speaking: THIS IS A BLOODY JOKE.

Can understand why the league have not commented on matters, courts,barristers,police, bouncers. Wtf are we dealing with here?

The whole thing stinks. F@#king smells!!

Boycotting the circus hospitality might cost clubs a quid or two, if the nanny state league officials have their way, but perhaps the feeling of having kept your dignity and integrity by having no part in the circus would ease the pain a little?