Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
CeeJay

Tadays Game

There seems to be a constant theme running through all of our posts. People may express it slightly differently but the points are similar. My concern is that no-one is bl**dy listening and they don't feel that we deserve a say of any kind. Glad to see that regardless of the weather the players showed some appreciation for our support yesterday unlike Tuesday when they all hurried away down the tunnel!!! I'm so angry with Pinnock I'm tempted to say that he shouldn't be on the bench on Saturday - but we're so desperate we need him to be. I also cannot believe that we're going to allow our ground to look such a mess on Sky - this is a prime opportunity to attract fans - quick lick of paint might be a good idea.

A draw was not good enough yesterday - plain and simple. We can blame the ref and the partially sighted linesman but at the end of the day it's down to the players and after the first 30mins we were shocking - do none of them give a sh*t? I can't understand what's going on?? Realistically we're not going to beat Notts County - the league is what matters and the performances at home simply aren't good enough. Andy sort your players out and boys if you don't care (or you're just part of our team because of where it might lead - which can't be the case cause you're generally all playing sh*te!) leave now!!!

Quote:
'Success on the pitch brings in greater attendances, which then increases the cash-flow allowing the club to advance further. Look at the Ryman Championship year - by the end of the season, attendances had rocketed!'

What is success ?

Is it winning most games by half time in a league where the majortiy of teams have even less money and less support than us or , is it trying to ( and so far for a season and a half achieving it ) holding your own against clubs of a greater stature in terms of money and gates.

It has been a massive step up, and we are still in their kicking and screaming. This is the success, that the increased gates at the end of the Ryman season bought us.

Unfortunately, even the majority of the people who attend the matches find this so hard to recognise, so how we can expect the rest of the borough to stay with us.

All we do,

All we do,

All we do is whinge and moan.

Fine words, WW. With my 'other' team being West Ham, I know what it's like to struggle & sink. But then I know what it's like to conquer and achieve as well. Unfortunately, footy fans are fickle creatures and most will only accept the best possible times as the only acceptable times and duly ignore the rest.

In the true nature of the game we cant get everyone back until we start winning, but we need the money from large crowds or investment to get it. But we dont get investment without crowds, its a vicous circle that is hard to get out of.

Quote:
In the true nature of the game we cant get everyone back until we start winning, but we need the money from large crowds or investment to get it. But we dont get investment without crowds, its a vicous circle that is hard to get out of.

If the crowds are waiting for us to get into the playoffs or push for promotion we may have a long wait.

So lets celebrate the fact that we live in such a buzzing area that has so much to do between 3 and 5 on saturday afternoon to keep them entertained rather than being at the Fleet.

Thank God for Mr Wobbly. A voice of reason amongst all the hysteria.

It wasn't pretty in the 2nd half - far too much long ball, which basically meant surrendering possession, but often that happens because the other team is squeezing hard & making you rush. Let's put it in persective. Scarborough have had a pretty good run of results recently, but we murdered them for 35 minutes & should have been 3 up, before they gradually started to work themselves into the game. We've come a hell of along way since the days when I used to think pre-season targets of a top 6 finish in the Ryman were over-optimistic, that we'd inevitably have a bad run & finish 13th (about where the pundits placed us the season we won promotion.)

If we didn't have the new sponsorship behind us, I wouldn't be so sure, but with this I am certain of 2 things: we will survive this season; and we will continue to improve. Not fast enough for those people who've only seen us since we won the Ryman Championship, but we will.

Graham S

I've been watching from a couple of season's before the Ryman was won.

I don't expect us to be top of the conference. At the moment I wouldn't even dream of the play-offs.

However, having got to the conference, I would at least like to see us contest a match for both halves, not dominate games in the first half and repeatedly throw the game away in the 2nd.

What I would like to see is more shape to the team, less hoofing.....and above all - somebody to actually put the chances in the net. No team wins every game - but not many throw so many points away that were there for the taking.

Absolutely agree with you SD.

It's not just about money (although we have a little available right now but don't seem to be using it & loan players is not the answer either) it's about 100% commitment from the team for 100% of the games. The players we have right now are good enough to attain a mid table position, we've seen what they can achieve for parts of matches. After the Daggers game there should not have been a repeat performance on Sat but this, IMO, is down to below par management & leadership throughout the team side of things. A few good results with 110% effort from the lads, especially at home, is what's needed and that will bring back some of the missing support also. Many Fleet fans, old & new, fear losing our conference status so soon after achieving it. In Sept, after the Scarbro' away game, we played some good footie and got some good results and that was with suspensions. Let's hope that style and winning ways return soon because another 30 points is a tall order for the 2nd half of this season.

Come on you Reds!!!!!!!!

Quote:
A voice of reason amongst all the hysteria.

I dug out a few old programmes from years bygone last night to put this current dip into perspective....

i) The joys of Spring in 1991.. a run of P7 W0 D0 L7 F1 A14 (4 of those coming at home!)
ii) Home attendances in the 200s - happy days!!
iii) The chalked-up team at the back of the Plough end bearing NO resemblance whatsoever to the typewriter printed "programme" (loosest sense of the word!) due to the constant changes in players
iv) Twice surviving relegation from the Southern Premier ONLY due to technicalities of the promoted teams' grounds not being good enough.
v) And finally, just think to our home game vs Kettering last season - now that WAS awful!

Ahhhh, I feel much better now.

Ah , the memories of those chalk boards with the latest arrivals and the programme listing those that had already departed .

The Anti-legend that was Eddie McCluskey .

I would go as far as to include most of the years from 1982 to the Orient game , the odd promotion excluded .