Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gladwish takeover?

Bloodnock

I see in the NLP today that Mr.Gladwish (our erstwhile sponsor)has made it known that he wishes to take over a club in the same way that Abramovich has at Chelsea.

What are the chances of us making overtures to him? we have the potential with our geographical situation to attract far more support than we do at present,all that holds us back is the lack of money and therefore success.

In the light of further development that is now going on in the area (something that the current chairman highlighted recently )the area appears to be on an upward curve right now .

Surely in the light of the way we appear to be merely treading water or worse at the moment,flirting with relegation for two seasons,we really need to take the next step and grab any opportunities that present themselves,and make as solid a case to the man as possible.

Is this not something the current board would entertain? or are they content to simply struggle on year after year.

Don't get me wrong the present set up has worked wonders and are to be congratulated on the way we have moved forward ,but i'm sure i'm not alone in feeling that we seem to have reached our peak and are now in real need of new impetus,and this could be the perfect opportunity.

If we don'\t make the move, someone else will. Apparently, a Margate fan has approcahed independently of the club asking him to help out their situation. It would be galling to lose out in a money bonanza to them.

And Crawley are ambitious too - with Gladwish already sponsoring them, and with a longer history with them, we might be advised to move ASAP if this 'Abramovich' complex was genuine.

That is practically an admission that the current board have taken the club as far as they can.

Whilst yes, they did get the club out of The Ryman League - we need to stay in the conference. Then we need to be able to compete. Then the crowds will improve. If that means somebody else's cash backing the club then so be it.

If I won the lottery then I'd be straight down with £1 million, but that hasn't happened (yet lol) so in the meantime if we can get somebody else capable of bringing the club along on and off the pitch then I think most people would want it.

Have you enjoyed this season's performances? Woking away? Nearly every home game?

Thought not.

The alternative is that we all kid ourselves that the club can compete on a regular basis, week in, week out; that the results so far this season have been unlucky and that the club has a devine right to be in the conference, then act shocked when relegation happens. Based on the season so far - it will happen.

OK then Here is the club's e-mail address fleet@stonebridgerd.freeserve.co.uk

Send Brian an e-mail and tell him you think he has done enough and it's time for him to go and time for Mr Gladwish to take over.

At the same time you might want to ask Mr Gladwish what he actually knows about running a football club.

So how come we get all this arguing amongst ourselves? surely we should be singing from the same hymn book for goodness sake!!!even the current board,so is it a case of we cannot think any further ahead?

i have supported the club for over 40 years,and iv'e seen the highs and lows that have occured in all that time,all I want is the club to progress,as iv'e already stated the present board have done excellently,but there's a chance to take a major leap and improve ourselves what's so wrong with that?if the present board don't want the same thing (and i'd be surprised if they didn't)then what hope have we?

I would like to think we could discuss the possibility of such an investment for the club without people taking it so bloody personal,I reiterate again aren't we supposed to be all wanting the same thing?

And just in case someone wants to comment on the fact that I use a pseudonym as my user name,I have absolutely no problem with anyone knowing my real i.d.,and yes of course I do no longer live in the locality so I suppose that makes my opinions less valid.

I frequently get to matches and their are a few people who do know me.

Quote:
David Holden said:
At the same time you might want to ask Mr Gladwish what he actually knows about running a football club.

How much did Brian know about running a football club before he took over? Im sure Brian as Ken Bates did, would do what he felt was best for the football club Dave. This is all hypothetical we know, but if the investment is serious and sustained by Glawdish and Brian gets good return on his investment then we have to be forward thinking and do everything we can to court Victor Glawdish. Surely we must have a good chance as we are the team at the highest level that he sponsors.
Brian has done a great job Dave taking us from the Ryman but the facts and figures over the last few years have proved that there is only so far with his level of income and investment that he can take this club and if it wasnt for the FA Cup run and the sponsorship we'd have been looking as we all know at squad cutbacks, a higher chance of relegation and at 60k a season loss, ultimately administration.
No we can continue down the path just mentioned or do our utmost to court Mr.Glawdish. What do you think is the best route??

It's very tempting I'm sure. On the one side the possibility of Brian and his capable management team feeling hard done by because of all the effort they have all put in over the past seasons. On the other, the possibility of securing the future of the Club which would mean sacrifices.

Assuming the question is posed, one thing must be uppermost in peoples minds, the continued well-being of GNFC.

Quote:
Stu M said:
Isn't all the talk of replacing Brian with Mr Gladwish unnecessary? No-one's actually talking about a direct takeover, with one person replacing another. Gladwish could still be a benefactor with Brian remaining as chairman or chief executive.

Quote:
Chelsea Supporter Gladwish had always hinted he would eventually want to become hands-on as chairman of a non-league side. Now he will.

The above quote is from the article in NLP that started this thread.

Is now the winter of Fleet fans discontent, so to be or not to be gladwished is the question.

Our current chairman, board and manangement team have taken us to being one of the top handful of true non league clubs in the country. This has been achieved in often trying circumstances and against the odds. For that they should be saluted by all long suffering Fleet fans.

The success on the pitch ( yes despite what most people think , I believe that we are still succeeding on the pitch for a club of our size , stature and recent history ) had been outstripping the improvements off the field. They have been trying to address this, this season and whilst I was sceptical of the new CEO in his first months in the role, I think that there has been some good initiatives shown in the past few months. I do not envy his job as the apathy shown by most in the borough to GNFC is appalling.

And we all applauded their efforts in getting Gladwish to pump some money in , which was only a month or so ago.

So where do I stand on this issue. Well , extra investment should not be turned away readily and without good reason, but personally I would be cautious.

We have been in direct consultation with Gladwish recently, and I wonder whether this question arose and if not, why not.

Appealing for begging letters in the NLP is a good way of attracting publicity, as well as, flushing out the most desperate for whom the most strings could be attached to any deal.

Building a club around one mans wealth is fraught with dangers, if you have not the infrastucture ( especially crowds ) to support it once he loses interest . ( Westley & Farnborough spring to mind ) , so by all means lets see what Gladwish has to offer, but we still need members of the current board / management team to be part of the future.

Up the Fleet..

Apparently, a trait of a true Kentishman is to disrust everyone......and I'm a true Kentishman. This geezer appears out of nowhere splashing his cash to all and sundry, announces his own cup competition then states he wants to take over a club. Why?

Why sponsor 20 non-league clubs when for the same money he could sponsor 5 league teams with higher profile and a larger publicity spread?........unless the already sponsored clubs have grounds in high developement areas or even near or on prime land. Ebbsfleet, anyone? This Gladwish bloke isn't doing it for nothing; that he's already admitted. It's how far he will go that is the issue, and will we see it coming?