Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 21st February - Match Thread

I was with some people at the game and the language was not good. Referees have it in their power to stop this swearing etc but they choose or are instructed not to. I don't propose going back in time where no bad language was allowed but the abuse dished out these is unacceptable.

If referees took the action they should take in a very short time things would improve. Maybe the FA should focus on something that will improve football for all concerned rather than focussing on things are really aren't important !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Age old problem The Wall.  They do it and send 3 or 4 players off they get more abuse from the crowd for spoiling a game. I get fed up seeing people shout at the ref constantly despite the fact that 99% of their decisions are correct, a lot higher than most if not all of the players.  What also gets my goat is when players appeal for something they clearly know is not theirs.  Throws, corners etc.  That is cheating.  All players do it and it is unsporting.  Perhaps we should see more cautions for that as well.

tough one to crack.

Some Officials get swayed by players shouting for corners/throw ins.Some Refs in their defence when giving decisions say I MUST OF BEEN RIGHT,by the Players non reaction.Now we all saw the Barnes incident at the weekend,the FA decision it was a fair tackle,by not taking any retrospective action.Were they Right?

Some Officials get swayed by players shouting for corners/throw ins.Some Refs in their defence when giving decisions say I MUST OF BEEN RIGHT,by the Players non reaction.Now we all saw the Barnes incident at the weekend,the FA decision it was a fair tackle,by not taking any retrospective action.Were they Right?

There's a quirk with the retrospective action rules.

The current rules are a consequence of FIFA directives.  Basically, it is NOT allowed to retrospectively change a decision made by the officials if they saw the incident in question.  In this case, the referee said he _did_ see the incident (clearly not correctly though!) and so nothing can be done.

FWIW, I don't agree with this being the case, my feeling is that it is more important that the correct decision is reached.

Edited by Mewcenary

Frimley Green 0 Camberley Town 3

Not a great game but persistence proves that you can get the points as camberley never gave up, scoring 3 goals late on. If points were given for continually moaning at the referee then frimley would be clear of relegation trouble! Thier goalkeeper and number 8 rightfully got booked for continually shouting at the ref whilst trying to get camberley players booked or sent off!! If they concentrated on Thier own game I'm sure the new players bought in will help them stay up!!!

As Stanley said "Rose Tinted" . You forgot to mention that the Camberley keeper was told to curb his language by the ref and also the FG secretary!

And that is partly why I gave up attending football at this level last October. Bad language,constant moaning at the ref, cheating, not listening to the ref without an arguement, players not staying to support their club after a game and players just wanting to kick lumps out of each other rather than try to play the game. And before you say it my club can be just as guilty as yours in all these points.

It all adds up to a load of rubbish. As for saturdays game neither team had a great deal on goal and all Camberley could do was get the keeper to keep hoofing it up the park. Even when they had a throw in it went straight back to the keeper to kick it up field! Not my idea of football and we've all read it on here before about Camberley and how they play.

Oh, were you the Camberley supporter that chose to releive himself behind the stand as the club house was too far away?

Camberley's style of play according to you Craig is one dimensional,how many unbeaten are they?Definitely think they have finally found the key to getting promoted out of this League,the Manager should be given credit,for getting other teams rattled.Likewise Losing is a habit,and Frimley definitely have that.Even the Molesey Manager wants an extension to the season to ease the burden.

The sad thing for me personally is that this Forum will lose 2 Members that have been great supporters over the years,ie Krooner and VP,you think it is dead now,wait till Camberley get promoted.

Camberley's style of play according to you Craig is one dimensional,how many unbeaten are they?Definitely think they have finally found the key to getting promoted out of this League,the Manager should be given credit,for getting other teams rattled.Likewise Losing is a habit,and Frimley definitely have that.Even the Molesey Manager wants an extension to the season to ease the burden.

The sad thing for me personally is that this Forum will lose 2 Members that have been great supporters over the years,ie Krooner and VP,you think it is dead now,wait till Camberley get promoted.

So you'd rather this forum lost Hammer59 & Bad Guy then Smudge?  ;)

NO,just been reading the daily red top,and a very interesting piece,titled 'Just Lump it and Like it' so if it is good enough for United,who could reach a Champions League spot,its definitely ok for Camberley Town.

One thing I think you have all overlooked is the Current Keeper at Camberley Craig Bradshaw is probably the best in the League,so they have a head start already over other teams.He can put a ball on a sixpence over 50 yards.

I think when Camberley do get promoted,Dan Turkington should be given the Freedom of the Town.

Or at least an interview on Eagle Radio after the Bus ride

Edited by Smudge

Yes of course the "lump it" style is fine for Camberley and indeed anyone else if it succeeds - which it does.

Except for the fact that if that was what I knew I would be watching before I set out on a cold winter's afternoon / evening I'd be thinking twice about it and undoubtedly choosing to stay in the warmth of my armchair on many occasions.

I can only speak for myself but suspect that others would agree.

If I was interested in a game of top quality football I'd be watching the professionals.

Non League football is sometimes rubbish, let's face it. However, there is more than just the football at this level and whilst I take on board that the ref-baiting and language are quite poor at times, it's no better in the stands or around the pitch, or for that matter in a large area of society.

I've seen Camberley four times this season. I couldn't care less how they play and I'll watch them again next year especially if they go to the Southern League South and West division. Some of their supporters have put up with a lot of rubbish since the late seventies really and I wish them well.

Oh I wish them well as well, I just wouldn't pay to watch them play every week.

As with anything, amongst the Windsor faithful there's a mix of views. A good number share mine and others just want to get out of the CCL and probably couldn't give a toss about how we (eventually) do it.

For me a great manager summed it up very nicely....

41wmIjODjvL._SX466_.jpg

Edited by Rother

Craig at no point during my post have I condoned the language of either side frimley or camberley so not sure why you are trying to deflect the issue onto camberley players I believe I commented on the number 3 of camberley who I can only assume has a case of touretts! my point if you care to read the post was the continual badgering of the referee in order to get players booked which towards the end of the game became boring and tiresome!! Your comment about lumping the ball forward falls on deaf ears I'm afraid as we have heard it all season I am sure if you had a 5ft 7 striker you would lump it up to him also? I believe last time we played frimley our central midfield player recieved a career threatening injury caused by a tackle actually assault by a frimley player this tackle occurred in the middle of the field, so forgive me if your calls of long ball are put into the boring pile!! Perhaps teams should concentrate on how to eliminate camberley's style of play rather then posting the usual long ball camberley. And no I didn't relieve myself behind the stand but thanks for asking and allowing me to clear my name.

Maybe the hoof it/ fanny about with it divide matters more if you're a keen follower of a team employing a particular method. I have a huge amount of respect for Camberley playing to their strengths and with a decent pitch I might well be watching them more too. This said, seeing a less direct style is good alsp.

Many clubs' fans aren't that bothered about how progress is made, as long as it is. whilst others hate direct football with a passion.

The truth is that a beautifully crafted goal is worth exactly the same as a tap in from a punt and a scrap. You can't guarantee what you're going to get, even if you have a strong suspicion...but as a paying punter, you have a say in who gets your money,

Maybe the hoof it/ fanny about with it divide matters more if you're a keen follower of a team employing a particular method. I have a huge amount of respect for Camberley playing to their strengths and with a decent pitch I might well be watching them more too. This said, seeing a less direct style is good alsp.

Many clubs' fans aren't that bothered about how progress is made, as long as it is. whilst others hate direct football with a passion.

The truth is that a beautifully crafted goal is worth exactly the same as a tap in from a punt and a scrap. You can't guarantee what you're going to get, even if you have a strong suspicion...but as a paying punter, you have a say in who gets your money,

Excellent post VofR.  Of course one of the big things that dictates style is pitch.  How many sides boast a pitch that is perfect for expansive flowing football.  Not many.  All the clubs do their very best with what they have with their pitches.  The 2 best pitches I have seen were Ashford and Windsor.  Molesey's was also decent when I went their earlier in the season.

My comment wasn't about the bad language which I agree with needs to be curtailed and yes the camberley number 3 has a problem boardering on Tourette's!!!! My issue is with opposing players more concerned about getting players booked or sent of rather then playing football!!! And yes I am a camberley supporter, as too who Frimley finish above doesn't concern me I mearly stated the way they played (when not shouting at the ref) should see them avoid relegation.

Who do you think will go down then Farcical,Frimley Green have lost their last 15 matches and have played more games than anyone else.Having been in 3 relegation battles over the years with Frimley Green,Hartley Wintney and Sandhurst I can honestly say playing well will not keep you in this league its points and points only,forget about playing well and winning feck all its about putting in 100% with no passengers,roll your sleeves up and win ugly,a passion for your club is the most important thing in these situations.  

Excellent post VofR.  Of course one of the big things that dictates style is pitch.  How many sides boast a pitch that is perfect for expansive flowing football.  Not many.  All the clubs do their very best with what they have with their pitches.  The 2 best pitches I have seen were Ashford and Windsor.  Molesey's was also decent when I went their earlier in the season.

You are right about the factors that help to dictate a style and why shouldn't it? Yes, Ashford and Windsor had good surfaces when I went there. I've had a few aborted missions to Molesey....but maybe I'm just a jinx! It would be nice to have the resources for drainage and ground staff at this level, but that's not realistic. I think it is realistic, however, to get clubs to share good practice when it comes to preparing pitches. Not every pitch is the same, far from it, but putting heads together can't hurt (  I am assuming it doesn't happen already...I'm just a spectator, so not in such loops.)

Who do you think will go down then Farcical,Frimley Green have lost their last 15 matches and have played more games than anyone else.Having been in 3 relegation battles over the years with Frimley Green,Hartley Wintney and Sandhurst I can honestly say playing well will not keep you in this league its points and points only,forget about playing well and winning feck all its about putting in 100% with no passengers,roll your sleeves up and win ugly,a passion for your club is the most important thing in these situations.

Duncs not really sure but as you say frimley have played and lost (oops sorry) more then others around them so I guess they are favourites to go down which is a shame as they play good football but maybe the tippy tappy football doesn't win you games. Now there's a debate

so mine was no good then!!!  

still  only 1 game called off due to weather this year...and that was mainly because of the distance to travel and was a reserve game..all 1st team games have been played on grass

Easy tiger this is a CCL forum not the Carrot Crunchers Forum :)

You are right about the factors that help to dictate a style and why shouldn't it? Yes, Ashford and Windsor had good surfaces when I went there. I've had a few aborted missions to Molesey....but maybe I'm just a jinx! It would be nice to have the resources for drainage and ground staff at this level, but that's not realistic. I think it is realistic, however, to get clubs to share good practice when it comes to preparing pitches. Not every pitch is the same, far from it, but putting heads together can't hurt (  I am assuming it doesn't happen already...I'm just a spectator, so not in such loops.)

Totally agree VoR. The CCL could easily get this sorted. Invite clubs and their grounds people to a round table discussion. The issue some may have - we at Westfield would be one such party - is that the grounds people are council sub contractors. Getting them to such an event would be tricky I'd suggest. Great idea though.

Duncs not really sure but as you say frimley have played and lost (oops sorry) more then others around them so I guess they are favourites to go down which is a shame as they play good football but maybe the tippy tappy football doesn't win you games. Now there's a debate

The teams at the bottom need to put in the extra mileage in training because it could be the difference between survival and failure,1 throw in or a free kick or a well worked corner could be significant,if you are fit it will enable the team to go for 90 minutes and chase a result if you have to,there is no point in getting relegated because as a club you don't give the team every chance to train properly