Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bones

I see Bones got the winner for Sutton to pile on the misery at Staines!

I think Forster is a strange appointment. They needed a proven non league manager that knows that level of player and contacts.

Looks like the drop is inevitable now.

Rick had a part in what may have been a unique series of substitutions in that game.

The NLP reports (and the Sutton United website confirms) the story thus:

" The U's completed a league double over their struggling Middlesex neighbours but had to rely on a late strike by Ricky Wellard with less than five minutes left after the home defence cleared a succession of chances off the line, with home keeper Jack Turner frequently proving a thorn in Sutton's side.  It was a strange game for injuries too, with Damian Scannell pulling up with what looked like a hamstring strain to be replaced by Jamie White, himself coming back earlier than expected from a similar injury. White himself went off later to be replaced by Wellard, who hurt himself in the act of scoring the winner and was replaced by Dan Wishart.

Maybe you couldn't make it up, but it happened.

Could this be a "first" in UK football from the Premier League downwards?

Does anyone (my money is on Eddie!), know of a similar occasion anywhere else in the world of football?

If you do, I'll buy you a pint in the Clubhouse at Ashford.

We did have three Ashford players hospitalised in the space of two minutes, 1 at the end of one match and 2 in the opening minute of the next match.  Both games were against Rayners Lane in our very first FA cup season in August 1992. 

In the first match at Rayners Lane, one of our players broke his leg and then in the replay Nathan Wharf and another of our players clashed heads and both had to go to hospital.  We lost the replay by the only goal of the game.

I can't immediately recall the names of the players who were hospitalised, other than Nathan although it will come to me.  Eddie may remember.

Archived