Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dorking F.C. - Another £500,000.

What's the going rate for a groundshare ? Aren't match officials quite expensive also ? I assume this has to be budgeted for . Also my limited knowledge of Football at this level probably means my next views will be off the pace but do you not also have an obligation for programmes and hospitality for match and visiting officials.

Soon adds up I guess

Don't forget Dorking FC isn't just its first team.

We have ladies and u 18s m/f

There is training to arrange with no home ground

I'm sure anyone willing to assist will be fully aware where their cash is helping.

The club will be getting its message out over the coming weeks and I'm pretty positive about things still for what it's worth.

Much as I find this somewhat amusing, GOHAG has a point, Smudge.

According to the press release, DFC has U-18's and Ladies to support financially. Last I heard officials came in at £130 quid a game so say you took an average of 21 games each (i.e. 63) at said £130, that's £8190 gone already.

What's a reasonable groundshare fee these days? Ten grand? What are E&E paying Chipstead? So say it's ten grand and the ground plus referees only is costing you £18,190. Programmes probably cost 50p each to make and you'd probably do a hundred. Over 21 games that's £1000 every season. Add in all of the league and FA requirements mentioned by GOHAG and I reckon you're getting close to £30k by the end of it before even thinking about paying players.

Goes to show how well backed some clubs are if they have a budget, even one that only covers 'expenses'.

My phone has been pretty busy with texts all day, even after a lengthy dentist appointment this afternoon.

I think I will prefer to wait for further comments from MVDC AND the Surrey F.A. before disclosing my thoughts on this worrying matter.  I would surrmise that MVDC will remain silent for quite a long while, though.  It may suit them better that way.

Lets just say that I do have one very worrying thought nagging at the back of my ageing brain.

Edited by Big J R

It does amaze me just how how many people are so wide of the mark when it comes to estimating the cost of running a football club at this level.

Clubs that ground-share (or ground-hire) do not have the overheads of those that don't but, of course, their potential income is more limited, particularly on match-days. 

Are you able to add anything not reported, TSF?

How have the playing staff taken the news?

Has anyone already come forward to help out (normally the first 48 hours of a fundraiser is an indicator to how it will go)?

Why didn't the club insist on a delay compensation clause in the agreement (it's not like there aren't numerous examples at this level where councils and other landowners have gone back on their word)?

Are you able to add anything not reported, TSF?

How have the playing staff taken the news?

Has anyone already come forward to help out (normally the first 48 hours of a fundraiser is an indicator to how it will go)?

Why didn't the club insist on a delay compensation clause in the agreement (it's not like there aren't numerous examples at this level where councils and other landowners have gone back on their word)?

That would depend on any contract already signed?

Hang on . There seems to be an element of nonsense emanating from recent posts . Even if a first team had 16 home fixtures that wouldn't include cup games . Under 18s likewise . What about subsidiary costs for fines maybe and wouldn't any well run club allow an amount for contingency. Surely only a buffoon would work on a this is our known costs basis and nothing else matters . Didn't Dorking have an issue this year disciplinary wise.

Seems a lot of people are missing a lot of what budgets and running costs are about. Any fool woul know you have to budget for the unexpected

It's a pretty standard clause in terms of building works. All the big boys do it when dealing with councils to keep them focused on the agreement.

I hope you are right in this case!

nosher. As you find amusement in the delay to the community facility i can't be arsed answering your questions!

Don't forget it's not just Dfc suffering but all those groups schools youth teams etc missing out not to mention the Rev redevelopment.

Don't know who you are but from your previous posts I would have expected better of you!

As I said yesterday, the people we really should be hoping to hear from, are, MVDC AND the Surrey F.A.

As Nosher said, it would also be helpful to know if MVDC built in a completion clause with the developers.

In my view, if that IS the case, then DFC would have grounds for a legal action.

Still  -  Time will tell.  Probably quite a LOT of time.

Edited by Big J R

nosher. As you find amusement in the delay to the community facility i can't be arsed answering your questions!

Don't forget it's not just Dfc suffering but all those groups schools youth teams etc missing out not to mention the Rev redevelopment.

Don't know who you are but from your previous posts I would have expected better of you!

I'm sorry you feel that way, TSF.

Amusement was probably the wrong word, perhaps irony at the teeth-nashing and earlier posts. I've been on the Twitter feed as I do with most of the clubs who can be bothered to update and read about the demolition and when they were going to be back. Only for two weeks later to find out on the same feed that a lot of what was posted was premature and that the club may in fact be facing extinction.

It's all a bit Knaphill from previous years in some respects.

I guess we just all need to be sympathetic and get behind Dorking at this time. You're probably getting enough grief from the noisy neighbours and are no doubt looking introspectively at whether more could have been done to avoid this happening. So you've got my support, TSF - no mickey-taking here.

Thanks Nosher. I'm glad you have clarified and we need everyone's support.

Now I can climb down from my high horse and update a little!

Reaction has been positive. I haven't seen any players for a while so can't say firsthand but I don't think we are going to lose anyone because of the delay

The real fundraising effort hasn't really started yet. The club has a plan and info will be shared I'm sure

I haven't been party to the negotiations with the council and wasn't involved with the new owners from day one. So I can't comment on clauses.

I can say the council apart from the delay have been very supportive and open to dialogue.

Thanks again Nosher.