Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dorking F.C. - Another £500,000.

A good shout, Jeff.

With the prospect of another season having to start at The New Defence, (if possible: Thanks Horley Town), I feel it would be good if DFC AND DWFC  got their combined thinking heads together and started pressurising for firm and prompt answers.

At the end of the day, it does affect both Dorking clubs, let alone youth and the local community which MVDC claim to wish to help.  Changing the project design at the eleventh hour certainly doesn't help matters.

So another week hast crept by and here is the latest today from the Dorking Advertiser....

http://www.dorkingandleatherheadadvertiser.co.uk/Chicks-looking-place-home/story-28522506-detail/story.html

I very generous offer in my view has been made by Marc White, Chairman of Dorking Wanderers FC and maybe this could be the way forward for a further season given MVDC's very slow advancement of the development at Meadowbank, which in my view is untenable.

I am not privy to comment on the position regarding where Dorking Under 18's might play for the coming season, but if this offer was taken up I know that Dorking Ladies would be able to secure another season using the FPC ground at Pixham, Dorking.

This situation must be resolved very quickly, or else die-hard Dorkinians might be thinking that there is an ulteriour motive by the local authority.

Q.E.D.

I have just been very reliably informed that the FPC ground will NOT be available for the Dorking Ladies next season as it is being closed down, but that another option for them is being looked at.  Another good local pitch going.

Hey-Ho. A sign of the times.

I have just been very reliably informed that the FPC ground will NOT be available for the Dorking Ladies next season as it is being closed down, but that another option for them is being looked at.  Another good local pitch going.

Hey-Ho. A sign of the times.

Why not approach Dorking Cricket Club re their other ground at Westhumble?

I spoke to their Manager, Matt yesterday afternoon and he tells me enquiries are on-going.

So another week hast crept by and here is the latest today from the Dorking Advertiser....

http://www.dorkingandleatherheadadvertiser.co.uk/Chicks-looking-place-home/story-28522506-detail/story.html

I very generous offer in my view has been made by Marc White, Chairman of Dorking Wanderers FC and maybe this could be the way forward for a further season given MVDC's very slow advancement of the development at Meadowbank, which in my view is untenable.

I am not privy to comment on the position regarding where Dorking Under 18's might play for the coming season, but if this offer was taken up I know that Dorking Ladies would be able to secure another season using the FPC ground at Pixham, Dorking.

This situation must be resolved very quickly, or else die-hard Dorkinians might be thinking that there is an ulteriour motive by the local authority.

Q.E.D.

My message to Dorking,take up Marc Whites very generous offer,you would be fools not too.

It's a very generous offer by Wanderers and I thank Marc and all for it.

I think any solution to our problem will have challenges next season.

I've already stated the obvious problem with sharing Westhumble, namely 3 teams trying to play every other Saturday.

We'd also still need to find somewhere for our other two teams

There is a potential solution to the 3 senior teams problem and that avenue is being explored.

Big thanks to Dorking Wanderers.

It's a very generous offer by Wanderers and I thank Marc and all for it.

I think any solution to our problem will have challenges next season.

I've already stated the obvious problem with sharing Westhumble, namely 3 teams trying to play every other Saturday.

We'd also still need to find somewhere for our other two teams

There is a potential solution to the 3 senior teams problem and that avenue is being explored.

Big thanks to Dorking Wanderers.

Jeff there are 7 days in a week,how about Monday,Friday,Sunday,it works for other groundsharing Clubs.

Q.E.D.

Very generous offer by Marc especially considering how the people running Dorking FC used to act toward Wanderers. What a gent.

• 2 months later...

Just a quick up-date on the Meadowbank situation.

A revised planning application has just been submitted and is due to be finalised by June.

The Planning Application Reference number is MO/2016/0401

Duplicated post.

Edited by Big J R

Looks like a supermarket or a garden centre.

What is it with these clubs going for soulless modern toss that doesn't have any reference to traditional football vocabulary? Look at Westfield's monstrosity. New does not automatically equate to brilliant.

How many football people had any input into that affordable housing plot - sorry Meadowbank - JR?

Edited by nosher

It was the modern world when Tooting & Mitcham had their ground built by the council and plenty of other non-league clubs.

If I was still a player I wouldn't know whether to bring my boots, my shopping bag or my unreturned library books (probably the bags as the ground is a dead ringer for a Sainsburys Local).

Ultimately though Dorking had a lovely ground albeit a bit run down and some suits are backslapping themselves by replacing it with this?

It was the modern world when Tooting & Mitcham had their ground built by the council and plenty of other non-league clubs.

If I was still a player I wouldn't know whether to bring my boots, my shopping bag or my unreturned library books (probably the bags as the ground is a dead ringer for a Sainsburys Local).

Ultimately though Dorking had a lovely ground albeit a bit run down and some suits are backslapping themselves by replacing it with this?

I wouldn't possibly dare comment, Nosh  !!!!