Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor 3 - Ashford 4

What a terrific game ,end to end play, both teams freely attacking, goals galore, never more than one goal advantage to either side (which kept everyone on tenderhooks)  and on the whole played in a good spirit. 

Windsor scored first when Ashford failed to cope with a corner kick and the ball fell nicely to a Windsor player for a simple tap in, then Ashford made it 1-1 with Dan Flemming`s clever back heel, Windsor made it 2-1 just before the break when they scored from a poorly defended long throw.

Straight from the restart Ashford made it 2-2 when Mark Bitmead had an easy tap in after the keeper had dropped the ball, Ashford then made it 3-2 when Mark Bitmead ran clear of the defence and put the ball past the onrushing keeper, Windsor made it 3-3 with some very good wing play and crisp passing for their forward to score, Ashford made it 4-3 when Dan Flemming 

found some space in the penalty area and put the ball in off the upright.

My man of the match is Mitchal Gough for his outstanding display in defence and all round play.

Windsor 3-4 Ashford

Not as good a game as the scoreline suggests in my opinion.

Despite not being particularly impressive Ashford actually could / should have had a few more, contriving to hit one way over the bar from inside the 6 yard area with no-one anywhere near him. Quite amusing at the time.

Ashford sussed pretty quickly that if they launched it down the middle for someone to chase onto they'd create havoc and panic.

Pretty pathetic defending throughout the game from Windsor to be honest.

Still, we'll turn it on in the Cups I'm sure.

The ref was a bit lenient - looked like an Ashford player decked our full back off the ball right in front of the lino... He flagged but after a conversation between the officials not even a yellow was given. Guess it must have been accidental, but then why give a free kick? To be fair, unusually Windsor didn't really protest too much.

Our local hothead Kane Jones got involved in a tussle in the 2nd half (nothing too nasty) he got up first then booted the ball straight at the Ashford player who was still on the deck about a yard away.

Surely that's a definite red card?! No, just a yellow. And immediately subbed. Silly / lucky boy.

Fair comments Rother.

I was right near the incident with your number 3. He grabbed on to our player to stop him getting a challenge in and our player shoved him off. Your lad hit the deck like he had been smacked which he hadn't. On another day it would be a red for our lad, but I think the Lino sussed what had gone on. Kicking a ball at someone on the floor is violent conduct and is usually a red. Both lucky to stay on the pitch.

I think it was a game full of errors and am just glad we managed to grab the points.

My man of the match was Max. Non stop effort.

It was also good to see Bitz back to his best. We need him firing on all cylinders.

Nice ground and welcome at Windsor.

Archived