Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Is football ball replica acceptable ?

MK_Coach

My nephew goalkeeper played last week an away match in the Hycombe sunday adult league clash between top teams. The winner is supposed to get a serious option for the premier promotion.

His team lost the match :(

The other team had 3 balls which did not have anymore a round shape.

Balls did not bounce properly on the ground and each bounce was over 2 meter high .

Each shot on goal was an absolute nightmare to stop and when the bounce was in the 18 yard box it was impossible for a goalkeeper to stop the shot even if the ball was straight on him.

A dog then came on the pitch and took the ball in his mouth. He refused to give back the ball and run away. We finally got the ball back. The ball was still pumped but the leather was cut on the stitch. The other team refused to change the ball, the ref said that the ball is well pumped and the game restarted. What a joke !!

I do not know if it is legal  to play with a premier league replica which is pumped to max !!

The same ball could be bought at sportdirect.com for £9.

Can a player legally refused to play if the ball goes in a dog mouth or poo and if the ball is not cleaned with water but only sweep on the grass?

What is the minimum acceptable football ball quality in this league ?

This is stupid for you but not for the players who have been cheated !!

I still remember when I was youth coach that one day in a cup final we were playing a lot stronger side. Just before the match the manager came and swapped football ball putting rock solid over limit pumped ball. Our team won the cup with this MAGIC ball.

My question is simply if there is any rules to avoid the use of magic football balls in this league ?

This is stupid for you but not for the players who have been cheated !!

I still remember when I was youth coach that one day in a cup final we were playing a lot stronger side. Just before the match the manager came and swapped football ball putting rock solid over limit pumped ball. Our team won the cup with this MAGIC ball.

My question is simply if there is any rules to avoid the use of magic football balls in this league ?

Yes. Law 2 stipulates the minimum and maximum pressure of the ball and many competitions, inc. the SSMFL stipulate the make of ball.

I blame the referee....

Yes. Law 2 stipulates the minimum and maximum pressure of the ball and many competitions, inc. the SSMFL stipulate the make of ball.

I blame the referee....

Doesn't everybody ?

:bolt:

I find SSMFL officials naught but courteous, considerate and knowledgable

Archived