Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

21st March Fixtures/Results etc.

Smudge

No word to me from Chris Clapham today, which is very unusual.

I trust he is fit and well.  Has anyone heard from him ?

He was in the bar at Horley having a quiet drink and reflecting on a Colliers Wood win

Hartley Wintney:2

Molesey:2

The MOM performance was from the HW keeper. He pulled off a number of outstanding saves. Molesey's 2nd half display was poor compared to their first.

Eversley And California  2 Dorking 2

"Not pretty, eh?"

Well... that's one way to put it.!

With the hosts quickly out of the blocks, Dorking's equaliser might have been expected to calm things down a bit, but once the hosts' keeper had seen red and the resulting penalty had crashed against the bar...it kind of kicked off a wee bit.

Numerous lectures directed towards the bench, some close your eyes,' I can't bear to watch ' style tackles and Eversley re-taking the lead just before half time.

If half time was supposed to help things to calm a little, not much sign of it, as Dorking drew level once more and the tackles were crunching in with extra bite.

Getting a red card for nutting someone so hard you nearly knock yourself unconscious...now there's a new one. ( Even better if the man best placed to help you hadn't already been sent from the bench.)

Ten aside didn't bring any further goals, but a lie down in a darkened room would have been just as welcome,

You couldn't make it up on a chilly afternoon. You didn't have to.

I'm sure those who have their colours nailed to a particular mast will have their own take on the game, but it at least it was easy to forget the cold amid all the action and excitement!

Edited by thevoiceofreason

I meant to text the HT and FT scores.

Sorry dear boy.

I am pissed now and REALLY pissed off and I hope my mood ( and match report) will have calmed down in the morning but much of today was awful.  :angry:

Farnham 1 v 1 Camberley Town.

Another enjoyable game.  Farnham took the lead from a defensive howler and Camberley managed to hit the post and have one scrambled off the line before equalising on half time.

2nd half was pretty much one way traffic and how Camberley didn't score I don't know.  Well I do as the home keeper made 2 fantastic saves including probably the best one I have seen all season with is left foot.  He probably deserved a point just for that.  In saying all that Farnham could have won the game late when their skipper blazed wide when well placed.

Once again we miss the opportunity to make the most of a Molesey slip and they continue to be favourites :)

Good to see Ace today and agree to disagree on the refs performance ;)

Worcester Park 1-3 Windsor

Another pretty ropey game with Windsor barely getting out of 2nd gear to beat very limited opponents. Whether we could have done if needed looked very much in doubt to be honest.

Although the ground has 3 sides open I rather liked the place. Best food range and value I've come across in my CCL Travels, just £3 to get in and loved the way the ball boys / men recycled the spare balls when the current object was booted into touch.

If we play like that in the semi against Camberley they may not break sweat.

Hope you managed to get down the stairs from the bar after your 'quiet' (?) drink, Chris.

Nice to see a very honest report from a supporter of the winning side, not afraid to criticise his own players.

Edited by Big J R

Good job the sun didn't come out yesterday or there'd have been a few blinded people wandering around the streets of Farnham last night.

:)

Almost as boring as my "Windsor's Budget" comments now Rother ;)

Was one of the 20 hardy souls who saw Staines Lammas beat AFCCA 3-1.

For a team pushing for the title, AFCCA were pretty poor. They probably had more possession throughout the game than SL and threatened quite a bit, but the Lammas defence didn't have to work too hard to keep them out, although Croydon's goal was a good one.

At the back though AFCCA were inept. Every Staines attack seemed to lead to a scoring chance and all three goals were in part at least contributable to woeful defending, although fair play to Lammas for taking their chances.

On that display i don't know how AFCCA have achieved such a high position. If they do go up, I foresee problems, unless this was just an off day.

Didn't see any Lammas officials so couldn't ask where they are going to play next season ?