Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

21st March Fixtures/Results etc.

Smudge

Hartley Wintney:2
Molesey:2
The MOM performance was from the HW keeper. He pulled off a number of outstanding saves. Molesey's 2nd half display was poor compared to their first. 

Bit harsh on HW as they changed shape and personnel for the second half and were very positive - maybe threw caution to the wind but it paid off in the end. Yes, we were thwarted by the keeper first half and could have been out if sight at the break, but that's football for you. Overall we felt disappointed to drop points - our first league draw of the season - but with the other results today not a bad outcome, plus HW gave us a game and we can have no complaints in the end.

I must add that the people at HW were absolutely first class and made us very welcome before and after the game. I also thought the officials were decent overall, the game in general was played in a good spirit and must have been quite good to watch.

We move on to a couple of cup ties this week, before getting back to league action Saturday - all good fun to be fair.

Our match report is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN147.html

I was very surprised by Badshot Lea. Their first ten minutes was good and we required a great low save to keep it level but after that we got on top, gained a penalty for the sort of decision you would get in the middle of the park, but not usually in the box, and were well on top by the end. The Badshot Lea Captain Thumwood (who was excellent, even if he didn't stop whining all match!) apart, the rest of the team appeared disinterested.

Now you could say, that's no surprise as they aren't going to win the league, but that was apparent even when the new players appeared in late November. All I will say is that whilst we played well and Kyle now has 10 goals in his last seven games, if this was a full strength Badshot Lea that have been bashing up almost everyone recently then the standard is definitely dropping this season.

A quick note for our midfielder Matt Ferdinando, he was fouled for the penalty, meaning that he has won three penalties against Badshot Lea this season. Also his dad then won the Super Six jackpot of £361! A good day all round you might say.

The top of the table is interesting. It sounds from what I have read here that both Molesey and Camberley were unfortunate not to score a winner, but with Cove and Ashford losing it turned out to be a point gained in the end. I really hope there is something still riding on the Molesey v Camberley meeting in mid April and that any title hasn't been determined by then.

Fully deserved 3 points for you Saturday E&E.

We weren't at the races at all. Unbelievable decision for the penalty in the first half, and the ref I think had a poor game. But untimately wasn't the reason we lost. That was down to us.

There was a nunber of players missing from the squad, including our regular Skipper Nimmo.

Injuries and holidays seemed to have effected us recently.

Take nothing away from you boys tho, we didn't deserve anything.

On the note, about mid November...

At that moment the club was bottom of the league, so the situation is completely different.

Unfortunately we do seem to be suffering from the "nothing to play for issue" at the moment, As safety from relegation was achieved quite early.

Hence the 4-2 win against you at roughly that period.

As manager it's my reasonsibility to change that, and I will be doing eveything I can, starting at Knaphill tomorrow

I think there will be a few clubs suffering the same as us now, and I sympathise with them.

It's never an easy position to be at this time of the season.

What is wrong with that Nathan Jupp? Seems like his sole purpose is to cause problems - always been the same. What is wrong with the bloke? Is he actually a bit special? Played a lot of games against him over the years and he's always been the same. Heard him say he didnt care if he broke someone's legs one game. No need for idiots like that. Funnily enough he's the first to whinge if he gets a whack. Pathetic individual.

Hope the Colliers player is OK.

Eversley And California  2 Dorking 2

"Not pretty, eh?"

Well... that's one way to put it.!

With the hosts quickly out of the blocks, Dorking's equaliser might have been expected to calm things down a bit, but once the hosts' keeper had seen red and the resulting penalty had crashed against the bar...it kind of kicked off a wee bit.

Numerous lectures directed towards the bench, some close your eyes,' I can't bear to watch ' style tackles and Eversley re-taking the lead just before half time.

If half time was supposed to help things to calm a little, not much sign of it, as Dorking drew level once more and the tackles were crunching in with extra bite.

Getting a red card for nutting someone so hard you nearly knock yourself unconscious...now there's a new one. ( Even better if the man best placed to help you hadn't already been sent from the bench.)

Ten aside didn't bring any further goals, but a lie down in a darkened room would have been just as welcome,

You couldn't make it up on a chilly afternoon. You didn't have to.

I'm sure those who have their colours nailed to a particular mast will have their own take on the game, but it at least it was easy to forget the cold amid all the action and excitement!

I dont think the keeper deserved a red, I doubt the manager or coach deserved a red on the basis of what I heard he said, and our guy deserved a red for the reaction to an elbow. Luckily he wasn't as badly injured as he maybe thought he was at the time. No way did he do any damage to himself or the other guy as it was one of those girly half hearted movements of the head.

Well thats the way I saw it.

Not sure what you mean by "Even better if the man best placed to help you hadn't already been sent from the bench.".  Was anyone sent off from the DFC bench? I missed that.

I dont think the keeper deserved a red, I doubt the manager or coach deserved a red on the basis of what I heard he said, and our guy deserved a red for the reaction to an elbow. Luckily he wasn't as badly injured as he maybe thought he was at the time. No way did he do any damage to himself or the other guy as it was one of those girly half hearted movements of the head.

Well thats the way I saw it.

Not sure what you mean by "Even better if the man best placed to help you hadn't already been sent from the bench.".  Was anyone sent off from the DFC bench? I missed that.

Well those around me implied the E& C bench had the more first aid savvy on the bench, they could have been wrong, mind you (That's why it's best not to jump in with two feet, assumptions-wise...there were enough tackles like that to see on Saturday.) Ref had no choice but to send the keeper off. If he hadn't some bloke with a notebook would have been telling him he had to. The fact that Dorking didn't have anyone sent off from the dug out may be a fact...it's also a miracle, in my view

Well those around me implied the E& C bench had the more first aid savvy on the bench, they could have been wrong, mind you (That's why it's best not to jump in with two feet, assumptions-wise...there were enough tackles like that to see on Saturday.) Ref had no choice but to send the keeper off. If he hadn't some bloke with a notebook would have been telling him he had to. The fact that Dorking didn't have anyone sent off from the dug out may be a fact...it's also a miracle, in my view

Why do you think ref had no choice with the keeper sending off , Voice?

Because there were FA people filming the ref?

Looked like our striker was chasing a losing cause away from goal to me.

Just asking , different views always good.

Why do you think ref had no choice with the keeper sending off , Voice?

Because there were FA people filming the ref?

Looked like our striker was chasing a losing cause away from goal to me.

Just asking , different views always good.

Ref had no choice in my opinion because it could have been interpreted as a goal scoring opportunity. Referees are almost always castigated for what they don't do more than for what they do. Yes, had an outfield player done the same, it may well have just been a booking and a penalty, but if a keeper fouls and gives away a penalty, it is far more likely that they will be sent off, because they are not expected to be making/ attempting to make what amounts to a tackle/challenge. It certainly looked a fair call by the ref to me...but I claim no expertise, I just have an opinion.

What is wrong with that Nathan Jupp? Seems like his sole purpose is to cause problems - always been the same. What is wrong with the bloke? Is he actually a bit special? Played a lot of games against him over the years and he's always been the same. Heard him say he didnt care if he broke someone's legs one game. No need for idiots like that. Funnily enough he's the first to whinge if he gets a whack. Pathetic individual.

Hope the Colliers player is OK.

No serious damage but didn't play tonight. Bless him, he looked like half of a panda!

BTW, well done AJ tonight on Horley result!

Ref had no choice in my opinion because it could have been interpreted as a goal scoring opportunity. Referees are almost always castigated for what they don't do more than for what they do. Yes, had an outfield player done the same, it may well have just been a booking and a penalty, but if a keeper fouls and gives away a penalty, it is far more likely that they will be sent off, because they are not expected to be making/ attempting to make what amounts to a tackle/challenge. It certainly looked a fair call by the ref to me...but I claim no expertise, I just have an opinion.

Thanks for the reply. I probably read too much in to your phrase "the ref had no choice". It seems more like you agree he had a choice , but you felt he made the right choice. I wouldn't argue with that.