Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How Many Tickets

carjam

I see from the Records on the Fleet Website that our highest attendance was 12032 12 Feb 1963 v Sunderland in the FA Cup 4th round.

Aside from that what other large attendances have there been.

Was the Canvey game in the Ryman 4000?

So the highest at the moment is

Adult 1308

Child 550

On going total 1858 plus any that Notts County have sold

On the Canvey question when I went in monies were being thrown into buckets. The largest I saw was the 6000 for the Notts Forest game. There seemed to be more in the ground when Canvey came.

My contacts who I will not reveal tell me that if County sell their 600 we could get between 2700 and 3000. Anything less would be very dissapointing. The Canvey attendance will never be officially known but it was huge. When we played Forest in a friendly to unveil our new floodlights we had about 6500.

If you are going by the numbers on the tickets, don't forget that 4 types are being sold, not 2, to Fleet supporters: being a crusty old git, I've bought seat tickets (8 in total) & I'm pretty sure these are numbered separately to the terrace ones. Think the last ones I bought at the Dagenham game were in the 80s.

Even though I am a centre stand season ticket holder, there are no centre stand tickets on sale, so presumably this area will be full of freeloaders/guests (delete according to degree of cynicism.)

Lennie Mac

Probably will Lenny, FA regulations require us to give Notts 50 Complimentary tickets, now although these don't have to be stand tickets, I'm sure that some of them will be.

There are also going to be a lot more press than usual, so it's getting a touch cramped in the centre stand.

I bought my ticket after the match on Saturday - the number is 1353 which takes us up to 1903 plus seat tickets plus those sold to Notts County!

Incidentally (showing how old I am) I was one of the 12,032 at the match against Sunderland in 1963!

fficial attendance v Forest was 6032.

What a night that was as well - Phil Stonebridge putting us ahead after 5 minutes was a real highlight - Forest then ran rings round us thereafter, but not surprising as they were Euro Champs and League Champs at the time - Should think it will be the one and only time we ever have both the League Trphy and the European Cup at Stonebridge Road.

What a squad they had as well Montgomery, Anderson, Gray, McGovern, Needham, Burns, O'Neill, Bowles, Birtles, Francis, Robertson started the game and subs included Mills, O'Hare and Gunn.

Cloughy senior had many people out to knock him, but I always had a soft spot for him and his sides thereafter.

Of our side that night, I think only 2 went on to higher level football - Lee Smelt, our goalkeeper, who signed for Forest, but never quite made the breakthrough, and Peter Osborne, who actually played in the Cup Winners Cup in a subsequent season, after he signed for Bergen in the Norwegian league.

Happy days !!

Agreed. If the crowd is 3000 there will be loads of space. Stonebridge Rd is a large venue for non-league standards. The all ticket policy is safety minded. Cant knock that. However the club is throwing money away. Still this time the people viewing the game should amount to around 2 million. 60000 at Old Trafford in the next round will seem insignificant to Saturday.

In the last few days I have spoken to quite a few people who after reading these forums and speaking to other fleet fans are aware that the game will not be a sell out and have not bothered to buy tickets, and are willing to try their chances at the ground on the day of the match - be it by paying on the gate or trying to hunt down any spares off other fleet fans.