Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hx 1 v 3 harrow

urchinman1961

It's ryman level though,what do people expect,messi and Ronaldinho type football???

In the good old days we had some exciting players that put bums on seats, as did Hornchurch when you were awash with money. I suppose when we become used to a certain standard it's difficult to accept anything less.

Dear all

I said it at the start of the season, mid-way through and I will say it again. We need a new manager. I do not doubt the manager's commitment and hard work, but we need change. I personally think we have good players, but for me the leadership at the top is not there.

Kind regards

Edited by jammyboy

As fans, we have the right to an opinion, I have always maintained that.

Having said that, I have no idea of the problems this club has faced internally (I know we lost the core of our team at the end of last season, we have to play a number of games away at the beginning of this season with no money coming in because of the floodlights, the centre half we brought in from Margate, clearly talented but just didn't fit in with us etc..)

I wouldn't want to manage a club at any level, particularly non-league.

I have watched Southend this season, and yes, the standard is higher but I still enjoy watching Hornchurch

As fans, we have the right to an opinion, I have always maintained that.

Having said that, I have no idea of the problems this club has faced internally (I know we lost the core of our team at the end of last season, we have to play a number of games away at the beginning of this season with no money coming in because of the floodlights, the centre half we brought in from Margate, clearly talented but just didn't fit in with us etc..)

I wouldn't want to manage a club at any level, particularly non-league.

I have watched Southend this season, and yes, the standard is higher but I still enjoy watching Hornchurch

Southend are the best League 2 team I have seen this season, by a country mile. 

Good side Southend,but they are a club that relies on fans from that area.

They lose many to the premier league sides like we do to peen sides and lower football league sides but these clubs always have a hardcore support and so do small clubs like ours,but the day that supporters of clubs like ours jump ship to the bigger neighbours up the road is the day those clubs start to die.

I can handle our fans going to watch arsenal or West Ham as the majority follow prem league teams but to lose some to dagenham or Southend just because of a bad few months would mean a club us on decline

It dont help with Dagenham advertising in our local paper ( romford recorder) as there paper is barking and dagenham.

The rom rec has gone down massively in terms of its Hornchurch coverage. We used to have a big part of the back page. I used to see some people in newsagents picking it up to read the back and then put it back. Since we now have a small column inside you have to read it properly and actually locate it.

I think what is needed is posters advertising our home games to finish the season, and word of mouth to encourage people to attend the last few games.

i have still been able to watch  most of the hornchurch  home games along with the southend ones  and  i dont really compare the 2  as they totally different with crowds up to 7.500  this season  and a much faster and higher class of football at roots hall

as for hornchurch  to be truthful , the entertainment   this season has been awful people have become bored  and lost intrest so  crowds have dwindled away as we face our 2nd relegation  in 3 seasons going to big changes needed  to turn this around and now ive started to think its  from management down ,  the summer signings were  dreadful so we was on the back foot from the very first game . were told we got good players  and too good to go down so why are we in this postion ??   theres never a change of plan same thing time and time again and the team as a whole seem to lack motitavation and organisation i never expected  to be near  the play off  places maybe for several seasons , but  we should be a mid table  team in ryman prem not on the brink  of going back to  the north after  all the work  to  rebuild  our postion , i know we  got no money  but then   none of the middle  order  down have with some having crowds even lower  than ours 

It is easy to see things completely biased, especially as a supporter of your club. In the opinion of a guy I was having a chat with recently, if you are not winning games then people will just say "oh they don't win much so there's no point going". However another person  told me "football is not just about winning" and I prefer that one.

It is easy to see things completely biased, especially as a supporter of your club. In the opinion of a guy I was having a chat with recently, if you are not winning games then people will just say "oh they don't win much so there's no point going". However another person  told me "football is not just about winning" and I prefer that one.

When I first started watching football 56 years ago it seemed to be more about entertainment and less about winning. I doubt if many managers today would set their team up to play attractive football at the expense of winning a few extra games. Crowds were much bigger then, so I wonder if the average punter would actually prefer the entertainment option.

I think there's probably an element of truth in that. We had a game against Lewes recently and they were hell bent on not playing football, diving and squealing all over the place. Didn't make for an interesting game. Not an advert for non-league football. Still they got the win so that was all that mattered to them.

Edited by cup of tea

I think there's probably an element of truth in that. We had a game against Lewes recently and they were hell bent on not playing football, diving and squealing all over the place. Didn't make for an interesting game. Not an advert for non-league football. Still they got the win so that was all that mattered to them.

The sad thing is that if referees sent players off for cheating that sort of behavior would stop overnight. 

Crowds at this level were higher for a whole host of reasons.

One being no conflict of games with live tv

Football is nowhere near as popular with youngsters as it was,many have interests like computer games and videos,social media etc which were not around many years ago

Pricing is another issue.

I'm not sure its down to entertainment over results,it may be a small part but I don't think thats a reason with significant numbers falling because of it.

I've said it for 5-6 years now and so have others but people who run the non league game seem not to want to listen....Premier league football is way too powerful and big and strong worldwide to ensure that our non league system remains healthy.

At 3pm on a Saturday you can go to your local pub or stay in on the computer and watch your local premier league side live.

It's a romantic notion that most Bon league fans support just their local non league club but those people are actually few and far between,our club for example is showing signs that it's natural hardcore fan who would chose their non league side over another bigger side is numbering around the 100-150 mark and other clubs it's less,clubs like Maidstone with attendances around the 1500 mark actually hinder the non league game as it gives the authorities the impression the non league game is flourishing but outside the conference it's dying a quick death.

Many of the people running the clubs now are not football people,or they think they are but lack sufficient knowledge of the non league game and when their club struggles,and gates are down,all too often the club dies a slow and painful death.

Until the authorities realise that clubs need supporters and actively encourage the clubs to play at different times from premier league and even league clubs locally to them then it's not going to get any better

Edited by Eastside Urchin

When one figure is significantly higher than the rest it can be classed as an outlier (not representative of the data) and removed to see what is actually happening. Alternatively we can find the median (middle value) instead of the mean.

In a general sense, Rob is correct. Clubs like Maidstone make it look like our league is flourishing, but it really isn't.

The way i dont like to see as a football coach is when clubs fold like u16 teams to me they are the start of the non leauge production line.

It just goes to show when you get someone like Raheem Sterling turning down £100k/Week from Liverpool and then pretend on the telly that he's not greedy. £100K/Week could be very handy in investment in non-league football.

It just goes to show when you get someone like Raheem Sterling turning down £100k/Week from Liverpool and then pretend on the telly that he's not greedy. £100K/Week could be very handy in investment in non-league football.

The obscene amounts of money paid to premiership footballers, bankers, captains of industry and so called celebs would be more acceptable if they were taxed at an appropriate level in the region of 80%. An added bonus is that many of them might decide to emigrate.