Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 4th April Fixtures

Son was swimming in Portsmouth so I missed the game. Duncs' report seems fair comment to me - good football, but lacking a cutting edge.

Yeah but I think you will find Duncs was very much tongue in cheek ;)

AFC Croydon 1-0 Lammas

My first time at AFC Croydon and I must say I was very impressed with the set up and the club house.

Unfortunately we were down to bare bones today, we had players away, injured and suspended, Gavin Bamford had to go in goal and he was excellent, plus Sean Ryan played up front despite having an injury.

The lads that did play today were an absolute credit to the club and it was a very close game, however I think that AFC Croydon were the best team that ive seen in div one this season and I think they will definitely get promoted.

Raynes Park Vale 2 Horley Town 3
Another hard played game with Town taking all three points against mid table Raynes Park on their own patch, Raynes Park started the better and after ten minutes were awarded a penalty which they scored into the bottom corer of the net to go one nil up. Town started to get back into the game and got the equliser with a Ryan Brackpool goal on the half hour. Town were not finished and Aydan Richards added goal number two to make it two one to Town at Half time. Town were put under pressure at the star of the second half and Raynes Park got back into the game after five minutes to make it two two. Town kept battleing and Ryan Brackpool popped up agin to head in the winner at the far post with thirty played and give Town all three points.

Cove 2 Windsor 0,Windsor will be kicking themselves as they had so much of this match,have to say they are amongst one of the best footyballing sides i have seen this season,some really talented players who pass and move very well and are a really fit side,the only thing they didn't do was kick the ball in the net and of course that is the most important thing to do,cove scored 2 good goals the 2nd one was a real beauty and the young lad who finished it looks to have a bright future lol,what a pleasure to watch 2 teams giving their all and not giving ground to each other some pretty hefty challenges from both sides but sensibly dealt with by the officials,thanks for the entertainment both teams.Only bad thing was me and my mates, Paul and Sandra Edwards,had to put up with that Grumpy old git Aupostie all afternoon ha ha ha 

yep sorry duncs, had to go & see what a grass pitch looked liked 

I was talking to Kroons today about Windsor. It's all very well the goalie rolling the ball out to his defenders who then pass it around a bit before losing it in their own half resulting in them being on the defensive. Those tactics will only work in the Conference and above. Still, Windsor get decent crowds which most of us would kill for. If they're happy to watch this sort of football then fair play to them. They'll be in the CCL for a few years yet though unless they get a manager in who knows how to win at this level.

A favoured tactic of Terry Brown in League 2 and it didn't work. Most of the time the opposition were wise to it and quickly closed us down. On the odd occasion they didn't, our players would generally fanny around with it at the back for 20 seconds before then presenting it to a member of the opposition! The fans hated it!

Listen i'm not knocking Cam, its worked for them so you have to congratulate them I can see them winning this league,windsor played some good stuff today and thats what i like for my money, in fact i may even take in a few more of their matches from now on and next season in particular.

Knaphill in the bottom 3. Fuming. It's great getting stands in, but what about keeping the club in this league. What have the board done? Who's in charge of this team? Players moaning at each other. Management have taken the team from midtable safety to relegation threatened in just 8 weeks.

Frimley 3 Chertsey 3

A game of two halfs if I'm honest in my view.

Chertsey scored with the last kick of the game to finish the game in a draw.

We deserved our lead at half time but second half things seemed to stop for us.

There was some positives but overall two points dropped I feel.

Fair play Chertsey dug in till the end but we should have seen the game out.

We have put massive pressure on ourselves now but we know what we need to do monday.

Edited by PhilRuggles

Listen i'm not knocking Cam, its worked for them so you have to congratulate them I can see them winning this league,windsor played some good stuff today and thats what i like for my money, in fact i may even take in a few more of their matches from now on and next season in particular.

That's good to hear.

Frimley 3 Chertsey 3

A game of two halfs if I'm honest in my view.

Chertsey scored with the last kick of the game to finish the game in a draw.

We deserved our lead at half time but second half things seemed to stop for us.

There was some positives but overall two points dropped I feel.

Fair play Chertsey dug in till the end but we should have seen the game out.

We have put massive pressure on ourselves now but we know what we need to do monday.

It was never gonna be easy and you and the other guy have given it a bloody good shot,I still think you can get out of the relegation positions,, the problem is although you won a few games so did the teams around you,Camberley wont like me saying it but they did you a big favour yesterday and i think if you get a result against Farnham then you might be ok.

Knaphill in the bottom 3. Fuming. It's great getting stands in, but what about keeping the club in this league. What have the board done? Who's in charge of this team? Players moaning at each other. Management have taken the team from midtable safety to relegation threatened in just 8 weeks.

It appears that the club decided to keep Keith in charge on a caretaker basis till the end of the season, ahead of more experienced individuals. It seems that they may regreat that now, as they are one of my favourites for the drop