Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 4th April Fixtures

Kroons what you on mate i am being sincere,i really enjoyed the way Windsor played if they had a Danny Turner or the lad Coles at Cam then they would win this league imho

Not having it Duncs. See you tomorrow for the local derby :)

The 'young lad' who scored the second for Cove should never be on that pitch but it always seems to be the same teams...We always seem to be short against Farnham and Windsor. Although it was a terrible scuffed finish it atones for Farnham where I should have perhaps scored one of a few half chances. Anyway...

Thought it was a really good game and we were very pleased to come away with the 3 points in a tight affair. We had a number of players missing (as did Windsor judging from their line-up) and having suffered a pretty awful 3 weeks in which we have blown the chance for silverware I was very pleased with the determination shown. I hate the old saying 'two teams with nothing to play for' and I thought both teams displayed a real appetite to win the game. 

We feel we did more than enough to warrant the win with both goals coming after springing the Windsor high-line. We created a few good chances and perhaps could have put it to bed earlier with the 2nd, Duffers in particular running riot down our left handside and Calvin causing some real problems upfront. I agree Windsor played some decent stuff and will no doubt feel hard done by with the result. Windsor got into some very good positions without really causing our keeper many problems which will no doubt frustrate their travelling fans. 

With Parfitt/Paris both struggling but playing through injury, Everiss, PK, Jack Coventry, Toby Janaway and Jake Baxter all out for the season we could have folded and gone through the motions. Very pleased with the spirit in the camp and I am hopeful of a positive finish to our season.

I think the manager has done very well on zero budget since taking over and he and his assistant have built a good footballing side - to my knowledge the players are all very local and that was a part of the ethos when the budget was eliminated - trouble is, with both  of those "restrictions" in place the pool is more limited than might otherwise be the case.

Zero budget? How come you've put in seven dayers for players offering them £100 a game then?

if you're offering that for a player at a lower team then we have to assume some of your more experienced players are on more.

Edited by VPCTFC

You can be deluded as much as you like.

We're happy, you're happy, Duncs is happy, let's get on with it.

no players at this level get £100 so i think you may have been lied to there VPCTFC,as for me being happy i am always happy to see one of my former clubs doing well, you see in a way i have contributed towards your success the only thing is we had a team in place 5 or 6 years ago that would of got you promoted long before now.Now I hope you win the league and the cup its in your hands as they say

Cheers Duncs. If one of my oldest mates is lying to me then so be it. As we said in discussion today - it doesn't matter if clubs are paying nothing or £200 a player but don't pretend you're not paying anything when you are.

If I won the lottery I'd probably put a lot of money into CTFC. I wouldn't pretend I wasn't though.

It's like the difference between Forest Green Rovers and North Ferriby United. Both are well funded, only FGR have the balls to admit it.

Edited by VPCTFC

South Park pretended for years and a lot of people believed them,i can assure you some players in the conference don't get a 100 pounds so why do you think CCL players can get anywhere near that much,I don't think anyone should be paid at this level but i know they do cos its the way this league has gone but many many clubs are promising money the club cannot afford its the economy of fools.

This old chestnut again.

'PAID' or 'EXPENSES'

We all know it goes on to some degree.

But the real question is, do players/clubs declare these apparently non-existant payments to 'Her Maj's' revenue boys?

Edited by Big J R

South Park pretended for years and a lot of people believed them,i can assure you some players in the conference don't get a 100 pounds so why do you think CCL players can get anywhere near that much,I don't think anyone should be paid at this level but i know they do cos its the way this league has gone but many many clubs are promising money the club cannot afford its the economy of fools.

Duncs,you say South Park  pretended for years,or did you mean 4 years that they were in the CCL.South Park never paid their players FACT.

Funny really  -  A family friend who is a senior buyer for W.H. Smiths says that their sales of plain brown envelopes goes through the roof the week before the football season starts !!

:bolt: