Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Game yesterday

Played ok first half second half fell away as we gave the ball away far too many times. Difficult to get head around a team that on their day can play so well and at other times play so poorly. Am supportive of manager but am confused why Ryan Scott was in the crowd whilst Sapps was playing full back, maybe Ryan was suspended or injured. Appreciate players try hard and we should appreciate this, difficult to take away many positives from yesterday.

Edited by Billericay56

Scotty wasn't suspended. Looks as if he could've played his last game for the club.

Sorry state of affairs, leaving your best defender out the squad, then playing your best striker at centre half.

I think personally it's time the club went in a different direction with regards to managemebf of the club. sorry to say it, but I can't see what progress we have made since the end of last season.

time to freshen things up, and that's nothing personal and is only my own opinion.

I am not happy over this. True, I thought there were some issues surrounding Ryan's attitude and application at times but I always thought these were confidence driven. An when you consider the attitude and application of some players they were so minuscule in comparison. Scotty was young enough to work on these issues and take any lessons on board, learn from the experience around him. He was certainly one for the future.

A shame but players move on... Unfortunately this is something we have to get used to (if we are not all ready).

I wish Ryan all the best for the future... Good luck

Edited by GazzaBTFC

Credit to the club for putting out an announcement about Ryan Scott, it stops any further speculation. I questioned the decision of the manager, I appreciate the fact that if players breach the rules there are consequences. Pity, I thought he was a good player with a bright future. Hope the matter can be resolved as he fitted in well and helped the club.

The club haven't said what he's done exactly though, just that he's breached a rule or discipline. I'm not sure how that is knowing the full facts!!?

Another playing leaves, citing issues with management. Maybe he was to blame but club needs to be more thorough in its communication re playing squad. We had same issue when people speculated around lack of subs the other week. The club is extremely poor at communicating with us the fans and their complete retreat from any forms of social media (even this forum) does not help their cause and only goes to build speculation.

I rated Scott and he seemed to enjoy playing for the club, even speaking highly of it when he left.

People know my views and like others I want to see changes at the top of of the club, not particularly the manager although it seems in recent matches he seems to dishing some abuse out to his own fans but losing does that. Going to be an interesting last few games and close season!

You may remember the "open Forum" held last season at the club house.

When i asked about communication i was told to buy a programme. Did anyone read anything about the players that left due to the management system in any programme ever?  

Or maybe i missed that issue.

It's great that Ryan Scott tweeted his version of event's and his respect for the club/players and supporters. I just wish more would. At least then we would get some idea of whats happening at the club.

I know players come and go that's the nature of the game, but respect has to be given to them once they do leave, especially when it's under suspect circumstances. 

COYB

Let's face it guys, all is not well behind the scenes. Regular volunteers are disappearing and even open debate has been censored on this Forum. This Club built up a reputation for being friendly to all and one that players welcomed the opportunity to represent. I hope this is just a minor dip and we soon return to more positive times.

Communication is a real problem nowadays and has annoyed me on more than one occasion. You can get an answer there and there but instead you are told to read something. I agree about being told to buy a programme. It appears dismissive and can be insensitive.

Edited by Wivenhoe Urchin

http://www.brentwoodgazette.co.uk/Edwards-says-Billericay-Town-dressing-room/story-26295389-detail/story.html this article sums Edwards up really. A dig at a decent player and answering for the whole squad, who would want to come and play for somebody who says things like that. Even if Scott did something wrong to come out and make a comment like that doesn't help the club at all