Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Camberly 1 Ashford 1

What a great display by Ashford,all the more impressive when you relise 2 or 3 regular players were missing and playing against the leagues long ball experts.

A well taken goal by Jack Beadle put Ashford ahead and it took a strong defence,brilliantly marshalled by Mitchal Gough to keep Camberly out,Ashford's forwards kept Camberly's defence on their toes with quick breaks by Sammad, Dan and Jack,and well supported by the midfield

Both teams had their chances to score as the clock ticked down and it took a excellent struck ball from 20yds out to beat Tyler,and so the game finished 1-1.

My man of the match was Mitchal Gough who was outstanding in the air heading away nearly all of Camberly's arial attacks, and judging by the Camberly supporters comments Mitchal was their man of the match also.

Why oh why do players still kick the ball away,you know it will be a booking for you,as Sammad found out to his cost,booked for kicking the ball away in the 1st half and booked for an off the ball incident in

the 2nd meant a red card and now a suspension,all so avoidable if he had not kicked the ball away.

Decent report there smoking and pretty much agree with everything.  Your 6 was truly outstanding and his aerial ability was fantastic.  Fair play to your team for coming and giving us a game and not just seeing the season out.

No mention of Tommy Brunton being brought down when clean through. From where I was it looked a nailed on penalty and as the referee decided it wasn't, why then did he not book Tommy for diving?

Both sides I would imagine were not impressed by the man in the middle.

Prefer to stay in this division rather than watch the 1980's Wimbledon style football that Camberley fans have had to put up with all season. Horrible.

With half a dozen players out and a sixteen year old making his Debut in the centre of midfield and a bench full of u18s, I thought our effort and commitment was absolutely brilliant. A excellent debut from Ilia!

Well done all!!

Horribly Fat boy, sadly for you we are still top of the league maybe that is what it might take to get out of step 5 as I cannot remember a really good footballing side getting promotion from our league for a while, it takes a good mix so therefore we are in contention, what I find Horrid is players going down under any challenge and screaming blue murder and then getting up straight away, really frustrating. However it was a really enthralling game yesterday with both sides really going for it, if we don't manage it this season look forward to our meetings next season.

It is understandable that Camberley people are defending their team. However Fatboy does have a point, I don't think that many fans would want their team to play the Camberley/ Wimbledon way. If Ashford adopted that style of play we would put up with it as long as it produced results but after a while most of the fans would be calling for a new manager to play possession football.

Remember that Wimbledon had the smallest fan base of any top tier club, which of course lead to their eventual demise.( on the basis that AFC Wimbledon are a phoenix club)

So Manurgate you would put up with it if it got results, and maybe win the league. This CCL is a very difficult league to get out of as still only one can be promoted I'am afraid that most clubs at step four have no respect for clubs at our level and think we are only a virtual pub league, but the likes of Egham, South Park, Merstham are showing that probably the top dozen teams could hold their own at that level, to be honest it matters not a jot how you play if you win the league you deserve to go up, probably see you next season. Talking about fan base our average gate this season is 110 about 28% up on last season, happy days.

Whilst I don't have the benefit of having been at the game, and enjoy watching the entertaining flow of Ben Murray's Ashford Town team, sometimes it is necessary to 'play ugly' and win the points.

This is why Camberley are at the top of the league at the moment, with Molesey hot on their heels. Personally, I wish them well.

I would hesitate to challenge the Status Quo, and risk the wrath of Rick Parfitt, Francis Rossi and 'Rhino' Edwards.

It is understandable that Camberley people are defending their team. However Fatboy does have a point, I don't think that many fans would want their team to play the Camberley/ Wimbledon way. If Ashford adopted that style of play we would put up with it as long as it produced results but after a while most of the fans would be calling for a new manager to play possession football.

Remember that Wimbledon had the smallest fan base of any top tier club, which of course lead to their eventual demise.( on the basis that AFC Wimbledon are a phoenix club)

Of course manurgate you are totally right.  However I would rather watch "Wimbledon" style of football rather than "Italian" style of football of falling over and feigning injury and wasting as much time as is humanely possible.

so in essence last Saturday was there too much long ball.  Probably.  Was there too much falling over, crying and time wasting.  Probably.  Was it a decent game to watch at our level.  Probably.  Was there grief given to your players.  Yes.  Was there some given back.  Yes.  Was there grief given to our players.  Yes.  Was it given back.  Yes.

Did we all go to the bar and have a couple of drinks and a good laugh.  Yep.

sounds a bloody jolly day out for me.  Anyway you think we need to defend ourselves !!  You need to get over to the league forum and back up your mates who are taking it big time over there about your fans ;)

Of course manurgate you are totally right.  However I would rather watch "Wimbledon" style of football rather than "Italian" style of football of falling over and feigning injury and wasting as much time as is humanely possible.

so in essence last Saturday was there too much long ball.  Probably.  Was there too much falling over, crying and time wasting.  Probably.  Was it a decent game to watch at our level.  Probably.  Was there grief given to your players.  Yes.  Was there some given back.  Yes.  Was there grief given to our players.  Yes.  Was it given back.  Yes.

Did we all go to the bar and have a couple of drinks and a good laugh.  Yep.

sounds a bloody jolly day out for me.  Anyway you think we need to defend ourselves !!  You need to get over to the league forum and back up your mates who are taking it big time over there about your fans ;)

Quite so, Kroons.  I heartily agree.

I didn't go to the Farnham match on Tuesday but did notice the " neanderthals" remarks. Surely the headline " Shock, horror, fans make too much noise at football match!" comes to mind! 

Is football really just about getting results? It has to be more than that, doesn't it? And with regards to Camberley's attendances improving, when do you take the count, before or after half time as I noticed that most of your fans came in after the break?

I didn't go to the Farnham match on Tuesday but did notice the " neanderthals" remarks. Surely the headline " Shock, horror, fans make too much noise at football match!" comes to mind! 

Is football really just about getting results? It has to be more than that, doesn't it? And with regards to Camberley's attendances improving, when do you take the count, before or after half time as I noticed that most of your fans came in after the break?

Ha Ha.  Of course the funny thing is you are entitled to an opinion until you decide to make a load of nonsense up !

Archived