Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

3 point deduction

I have a friend who writes for an online football magazine and he's keen to run an article.  Who should I tell him to contact regarding it?  I've had a look on the website and can only find a mobile number and the webmaster's email address.

I have been following this topic for several days now.

In case you haven't seen them, there are a couple of interesting posts on .....

Non League News

which are directly linked to this subject.

Edited by Big J R

Grays not necessarily out of the equation Andy. ... If the old bill made the statement alone, and you eventually got deducted 3 points, Grays would then also be ahead of you. ... If they were a dodgy bunch, they could appeal saying "the old bill might have waived any appeal but we didn't, and should have taken part in the play offs as the next highest placed club".

Sorry, but don't follow the reasoning. Met Poice finished higher than Grays and would be next in line.

I've no problem accepting that Aryan was suspended. However, after the Club pointing the problems to the FA, these events happened:

22. Further evidence was produced by Enfield Town FC, in the form of an e-mail from Ben Marshall of the FA to the Isthmian League. The content of the email had indicated that the FA were only opening an investigation case against the player for playing whilst suspended for Enfield Town FC but were not intending on taking any further action in relation to the club.

23. Enfield Town FC also submitted that Mr Mark Ives of the FA Disciplinary department had relayed orally that same message that no charges would be raised against Enfield Town FC regarding this matter.

24. Mr Giovannelli did not challenge that submission from the Club but stated that only the Chief Regulatory Officer or his nominee(s) could make such a decision on charging.

So they are telling us one of admins in the Discipline Dept should not have sent this email? (Ben Marshall at the FA lists his role there as: In addition to responsibilities of previous Administrator role, provide advice and guidance on on-field football regulation cases and FA misconduct charges)

But are they also telling us that the head of the Discipline Department, Mark Ives, was wrong to tell us to suspend the player for two games after the suspension was missed? Interesting to see that Mark Ives was not called to give any evidence. The FA's kangaroo court obviously decided that the head of discipline has no bearing on discipline matters?

And also, if "only the Chief Regulatory Officer" can make decisions on changing disciplinary matters, are they seriously trying to tell us that the head of discipline did not know this?

The other serious concern I have is what happened to the paperwork for the charges listed here:

Did this just get ignored? Or even sent out?

Overall it seems that the FA are in a complete shambles if the Head of Discipline doesn't even know he does not have the authority to give certain rulings.

Answers are needed, and urgently.

Just to confirm, I don't blame the doctor but i do blame Arjan. The fact that he couldn't be bothered to attend the hearing and can't count to ten speaks volumes.

Hopefully Joan Ryan's letter will make the difference for us. Her postage expenses might eat into our playing budget though.

Papa

Forum Troll

I think the three point deduction is the only decision the league could make. I think the club have behaved correctly at all times and the FA must look at their systems. However the player surely knew he was suspended and should not have played. Accept the three point deduction with reasonable grace and tell the player to get on his bike.

Disagree Steph..Two clubs and the FA could not keep count of how many bookings he tallied up.How can you expect the player to know the exact number?

The Ryman have gone for the easiest option.Its a weasel decision in my opinion .A stitch up to get the play-offs over with in good time.

I would also consider the option of a switch to the Southern league.

You accept that Town acted correctly at all times.How can any sanction against the club be justified,let alone one that removes the club from the play-offs?

Edited by lovely stuff

23. Enfield Town FC also submitted that Mr Mark Ives of the FA Disciplinary department had relayed orally that same message that no charges would be raised against Enfield Town FC regarding this matter.

Orally.......................never stands up in a court of law  :D

I'm with you lovely stuff. The way this situation has been handled is absolutely appalling, not just from an ETFC perspective but also for the clubs awaiting the play offs and making travel/hotel arrangements etc. In my opinion the ryman league should be compensating these fans.

The Ryman league and the FA need to take a good look at their procedures and learn from this.

Ryman league statement from 4 days ago:

The League will now refer the matter to The Football Association because Ryman League rules make provision for matters concerning promotion to be decided by the Leagues Committee at The FA which will make any decision. The Ryman League itself is not empowered to make such a decision