Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Whats on the Twitter

Reading a tweet, Laleham F.C. were denied promotion after winning SILW .It was stated the Staines Lammas ground (C C 1) where they ground share wasn't upto what the Surrey Elite league needed for the ground grading.

Any comments?

Reading a tweet, Laleham F.C. were denied promotion after winning SILW .It was stated the Staines Lammas ground (C C 1) where they ground share wasn't upto what the Surrey Elite league needed for the ground grading.

Any comments?

I saw that on another site, Tel.

I have to admit, I was somewhat shocked.  But, then again......... !!

There's new criteria that our ground does not meet like toilets in the changing rooms, and wash basin and two sides of hard standing, etc, we and Laleham together will endeavour to get the ground up to the standards that are required this season.

We have undertaken ground inspections at all four clubs in Div One, now including Staines Lammas, who do not meet with the full requirements of Grade G.  All four clubs have received, or will receive, a full report outlining exactly what they must do to comply with Grade G by 31 March 2016 (excluding lights, which are deferred until 31 March 2018).

I don't know for sure but probably one reason Laleham FC were refused promotion was because there is a problem at Staines Lammas in that there are no separate toilets for either players or match officials.  All have to use the same toilets as people using the club house.

Lammas are protected this next season due to the FA's decision to allow clubs already in their respective Step 6 Division to have until 31 March 2016 to comply.

I bet Lammas wished they had known the moving of the goalposts by the F.A. for lights to 2018 last year,would of saved them a few grand in groundsharing.So just a bit of hardstanding,rails,an odd loo or too with wash basins will suffice for 2 more seasons minimum,the shame is they could of done this work last year.

Not really Smudge. Lammas surely intended to get promotion to Step Five when they moved in at Ashford. Regardless of any issues with their ground re: step six, it clearly wasn't close to getting a step five grading.

I am intrigued as to the reason for the move back. If it is just costs, that makes sense, but does that mean they are just happy to kick around at Step Six with no aspirations any more or do they still hope to get their own ground sorted out to step five standard?

Not really Smudge. Lammas surely intended to get promotion to Step Five when they moved in at Ashford. Regardless of any issues with their ground re: step six, it clearly wasn't close to getting a step five grading.

I am intrigued as to the reason for the move back. If it is just costs, that makes sense, but does that mean they are just happy to kick around at Step Six with no aspirations any more or do they still hope to get their own ground sorted out to step five standard?

Could be a case of them looking round for someone with some commercial acumen that could bring money into the club.

We at Staines Lammas have moved back home for the right reasons, over the pass few years we have gone from 4 teams to 1, and I believe that we lost the soul of the club when we ground shared and we needed to go home and build the club again.

We have a long road ahead, we have a new management team and the committee is increasing in size with new and old people joining the club, we will do our best to get all the ground improvements met by March 2016, so we can stay in this division, unfortunately without floodlights we can not get promoted, however we will try to find a solution for the future.

Imo ground sharing is something that should only be done short term, if there is a permanent floodlit ground in the pipeline such as CB Hounslow have then it makes sense.

At the end of the day the club needs to grow organically, we will not pay players and we want players who want to play for the badge and club, if step six is our limit then I would like us to become the best we can be at that level, both on and off the pitch and I know we are a long way off that.

Guildford City know only too well the cost of playing in the Southern S&W! It has taken quite some time to recover. It's not just the cost of the travelling, it's also the time involved. Many players just couldn't commit to leaving for midweek away games at 4pm, and getting home gone midnight.

I wonder if Godalming now become vulnerable to a late switch to S&W, with possibly AFC Hayes getting a late reprieve.

A look at the table when Ashford were in a similar position. Due to the amount of southern teams Ashford most northerly, the only way out was to get promotion. After loosing out in the playoffs, season 2005/6 saw promotion to Ryman Premier

Southern Div. 1 S&W, 2005-06 P W D L GF GA Pts.

Clevedon Town 42 28 6 8 86 45 90

Ashford Town (Middlesex). 42 24 8 10 84 50 80

Brackley Town 42 23 9 10 71 34 78

Hemel Hempstead Town. 42 22 9 11 86 47 75

Swindon Supermarine 42 22 9 11 70 47 75

Marlow 42 22 6 14 62 59 72

Sutton Coalfield Town 42 21 6 15 91 62 69

Leighton Town 42 19 8 15 55 48 65

Willenhall Town 42 17 12 13 78 61 63

Rushall Olympic 42 17 11 14 73 57 62

Bromsgrove Rovers. 42 17 11 14 65 50 62

Solihull Borough 42 15 13 14 50 51 58