Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2015-2016 season

[quote name="Winslow Boy" post="1984178" timestamp="1433522080"

We ended up being expected to use our lights I'm sure of it. Isn't grading for step 6 F? But minimum G set out as per Karen's post? Two divisions off odd numbered teams is....well, odd.[/quote

Ah sorry, didn't see that so everyone else must comply with G (apart from us) but really everyone should have F.

If that's the case fine. Not sure everyone is graded G though...

Update - just looked back at the FA link earlier in the thread and it says step 6 is G.

G includes secure walkways and individual toilets etc etc which over half the league don't comply with (to more or lesser extents)...

Edited by SamC

As for my mistake re G or F My thinking was if other clubs had met at least say the G and Stony hadn't not it was ok for some, however that clearly isn't the case. We don't have toilets in dressing room, showers are now fixed but were awful. Walkway thing Codicote/Hatfield is a massive fail, dangerous in my opinion, however it doesn't affect disabled access to watch the game as much for instance as there is easier access to the stand and of course to viewing area at clubhouse in the sky. Been a while since I've been to Harpenden. Based on what I read there to the letter majority of clubs fall foul of at least something.

Edited by Winslow Boy

As for my mistake re G or F My thinking was if other clubs had met at least say the G and Stony hadn't not it was ok for some, however that clearly isn't the case. We don't have toilets in dressing room, showers are now fixed but were awful. Walkway thing Codicote/Hatfield is a massive fail, dangerous in my opinion, however it doesn't affect disabled access to watch the game as much for instance as there is easier access to the stand and of course to viewing area at clubhouse in the sky. Been a while since I've been to Harpenden. Based on what I read there to the letter majority of clubs fall foul of at least something.

Exactly. So, based on the passage Karen gave from the AGM minutes, we look like we will have about an 8 team div 1 next year (with 7 of them ground sharing!!!).

I know when Tring applied for Step 4 there were 2 levels of grade. The first you had to achieve by 31/3 the season you were going for the title then there were further improvements if you then did get your promotion at the end of the season. I guess because the potential cost to go from the minimum grading at Step 5 to 4 could be quite high

Exactly. So, based on the passage Karen gave from the AGM minutes, we look like we will have about an 8 team div 1 next year (with 7 of them ground sharing!!!).

what I'd want to know is why has the threat been hanging over Stony for so long and why hasn't it been dealt with and then why now has it been followed through with. To my knowledge other clubs haven't had this threat hanging over, certainly we haven't, and by the letter of the law we fail, unless works have taken place (been told we do have the toilet thing apparently the toilets within the changing area are shut off to players during game time and there are still toilets available to spectators). Have Stony now just suddenly been singled out and victimised? Must be more to it.

what I'd want to know is why has the threat been hanging over Stony for so long and why hasn't it been dealt with and then why now has it been followed through with. To my knowledge other clubs haven't had this threat hanging over, certainly we haven't, and by the letter of the law we fail, unless works have taken place (been told we do have the toilet thing apparently the toilets within the changing area are shut off to players during game time and there are still toilets available to spectators). Have Stony now just suddenly been singled out and victimised? Must be more to it.

This is my point exactly - why now and why Stony.

I always like to see the best in people and I am sure there is a clear and reasoned explanation behind the decision. Just at the moment I haven't seen it and the minutes of the EGM certainly didn't give it.

Currently without the required transparency and comms routes it does look like a bit of a shadowy decision taken by a small group behind closed doors. Very FIFAesque!!

I have no background info but given that Stony have (according to others) been advised for a number of years that their ground does not meet the grading for Step Six, I'm struggling to understand why Sam and others believe that they should not be relegated.

And, unless I'm mistaken, this is not a decision the SSMFL have say in - as the FA decide all promotions and delegations from Step Six.

I have no background info but given that Stony have (according to others) been advised for a number of years that their ground does not meet the grading for Step Six, I'm struggling to understand why Sam and others believe that they should not be relegated.

And, unless I'm mistaken, this is not a decision the SSMFL have say in - as the FA decide all promotions and delegations from Step Six.

They do have a say - it was decided at the EGM as I understand

Again I may be mistaken but if the SSMFL did not ratify the FA's proposed constitution for Divisions One and Two at the EGM, the FA could remove the SSMFL's Supply League status.

I may be mistaken but I only thought the FA got involved down to step 4/5. Happy to be corrected though

Does anyone know where the new Hadley wood and Wingate will play, will it be Summers lane or will they use the Old stationers ground in Barnet where they are developing an academy?

Does anyone know where the new Hadley wood and Wingate will play, will it be Summers lane or will they use the Old stationers ground in Barnet where they are developing an academy?

Harefield Utd I think it said

Broadfields United FC ground share with Harefield United FC im told.

Ground grading deadline is 31st March so the club will have known since then they were in danger. Plus the club has known for years that they don't meet the criteria & whilst a club doesn't meet it they're always in danger of relegation. The point missing regarding Amersham is that they requested to be relegated to Div 2.

Someone should have told the new manager then before they agreed to him taking over ! he had his plans on staying in Div1. As they have the necessary ground grading.

Guess he wouldn't be to happy to be told that now !

New reserve manager at Winslow. Sounds very positive. Look forward to meeting him and declaring myself available for my customary couple of games a season.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/winslowutd/teams/24506/news/larry-woodward-appointed-new-reserve-team-manager-1440764.html