Fans Focus - Non League football clubs

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doesnt matter whether they play in the mustard away kit or the purple home kit as long as they play like they did saturday.

Believe me Michael, there is a new kit and new sponsors, just got to be patient.

good point.....if Mila Kunis was modeling it then yes !!!!! any chance of flying her over to model ? look great on the programme cover and sure Don would enjoy the photo shoot....may mail BL see if he

• 2 weeks later...

can't say i'm excited or disappointed by the new kit.

looks just  fine to me, but just win the games no matter what.

i did think the yellow is slightly more mustard than yellow-maybe in ideal world-i wouid have had it a fewshades lighter-but hardly matters.

one area where i do need a bit of educating is on this 'chevron thing.'which apparently  gives margate its identity.

whats all that about ?

marketing hype ?

again- i am neither for or against the chevron-just need to understand its significance-or is it a made up significance ?

its loosely like the shirts of the 60's with the single hoop across-and i liked that-so perhaps a modern version;but if someone can explain how it gives margate its identity-that would be appreciated.

where have i missed that margate are identified with chevron's-or is it a new and  transient  identity  ?

overall-kit fine,and pleased that away kit is a shade of yellow,but this identity stuff re the chevron-help me out please.

seems to me its a simple band across the chest

can't say i'm excited or disappointed by the new kit.

looks just  fine to me, but just win the games no matter what.

i did think the yellow is slightly more mustard than yellow-maybe in ideal world-i wouid have had it a fewshades lighter-but hardly matters.

one area where i do need a bit of educating is on this 'chevron thing.'which apparently  gives margate its identity.

whats all that about ?

marketing hype ?

again- i am neither for or against the chevron-just need to understand its significance-or is it a made up significance ?

its loosely like the shirts of the 60's with the single hoop across-and i liked that-so perhaps a modern version;but if someone can explain how it gives margate its identity-that would be appreciated.

where have i missed that margate are identified with chevron's-or is it a new and  transient  identity  ?

overall-kit fine,and pleased that away kit is a shade of yellow,but this identity stuff re the chevron-help me out please.

seems to me its a simple band across the chest

look at the Margate badge - there is a chevron right across the middle of it. this has been incorporated into the kit design ...most kit chevrons go the other way up.

Chevrons in Heraldry are really interesting.

Look up the meaning of 'Bar Sinister' !!

can empathise with those who think the blue is not the traditional margate blue.

to be fair-have not seen it yet in the flesh myself-but it certainly does look blurple.(n

o-one has yet said if that was deliberate on behalf of club or did manufacturer/mr Pope make a small mistake?

i suspect deliberate decision by the club-i have no problem with that-as i must admit-i thought the old blue was a bit of a boring shade of blue-but again-can see the traditionalists position and respect accordingly

we are all going to see things slightl differently, and as above whilst i generally like the new yellow kit-having seen it, i was mildly disappointed that it was a bit more mustard than i was anticipating-whereas i am more your primrose yellow type of girl

governed here by dreamland pantones though i guess.

Edited by michael

yet to see in the flesh, the blue, purple or blurple home kit whatever it is,and again, no big issue for me-albeit i suppose i slightly err on the traditionalist side of why go quite a few shades off the current colour ?

main issue for me is -why have the club done it ?

club obviously does not have to justify itself and 'ask in advance' but i would have thought that on such an issue which has obviously caused a bit of a stir-and changing the club colour from blue to purple is reasonably significant i would have thought-i would have thought the club may have issued a statement along the lines of we have done this because :

that because could be that 'whoops- a bit of a cock up.

or' Mr Laslett wore purple underpants to both play off gsmes and so it is obviously a lucky colour and hence we have gone with it. '

both equally good reasons-and a host of others inbetween.

from what i have seen in pics-i like it anyway-but still left wondering 'Why ' ?

Is the programme going blurple ?

are the blue bits of the ground going to be painted blurple ?

we have temporary red seats-blue on their way-why not purple seats ?

or are we blurple for two years only ?

• 1 month later...

whilst on a personal perspective i like the purple kit,(and it is purple/not blurple-but very clearly purple )are some things just sacrosanct ?

You don't go meddling with graves.

similarly-is it a case of you go changing things without very careful consideration,whoever your God is,has a way of punishing you ?

are there spirits out there conspiring to blow the ball out of the net ?