Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Middx cup semi-final Tuesday 28th July

Tel

Steve Honey was telling me the grass was looking in fairly good shape, I went and had a look and it looked fine to me. I watched him start marking out for tomorrow. A real game, Ashford v Cockfosters a Middlesex Cup semi held over from last season.

The winner will be play Harrow on Saturday at Harrows ground.

It will be one of the first competetive fixtures of the season.

Sweet thing, but what makes you think I'm doing the tannoy? I gave up midway through last season after getting too much flak for my liking.

(PS - I've been asked to do the tannoy tonight. It's a one-off! Any help with substitutions would be appreciated!)

I was thinking more of the 'battle cry' as the teams emerged rather than your tannoy skills Ed but at least it's a competitive game so there shouldn't be as many substitutes

I'll bring my glasses which may or may not help as I went to Boots not Specsavers !!

The 'battle cry' is sure to spook our new players hearing it for the first time as well as the away supporters. Looking forward to it!    :lol:

PS - If you could also set the stopwatch function on your watch tonight as well, that would be a big help. The number of times I've knocked my watch and cut off the stopwatch function!

Stopwatch function ? Us Northerners still use sun dials to tell the time.   

......and you still rely on the stocks and the ducking-stool, I take it ?

......and you still rely on the stocks and the ducking-stool, I take it ?

Nah, we've got 3 second hand water cannons some bloke called Boris doesn't need any more ;)

You're very kind, but last night was a nightmare.

I had quite a few announcements to make (my own rehearsed gubbins, followed by news of Saturday's friendly and the presentation to Alex) and I ended up announcing our team after the match had kicked off! I also had problems with the teamsheet because the printer was almost out of ink, so I couldn't properly make out some of the names (sorry to new recruit George for giving him a different surname as a result) and the sub numbers.

I also had someone complain about naming the own goal scorer. I knew there were some completists in the crowd who'd like the information. If I'm going to get criticism again, I'm only going to help out occasionally on the mic. It actually ruins my enjoyment of the game.

Ed, don't take it to heart, some people moan about everything. A surprising amount complained the first goal was offside but I was bang in line and he was on by about a yard when the ball was played

Nah, we've got 3 second hand water cannons some bloke called Boris doesn't need any more ;)

.....and just think  -  That clown wants to be P.M.

Archived