Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SATURDAY 8th. August - GAMES UPDATES.

Dorking 0-2 Eversley

Eversley came out in the first 25 mins and scored a pen through Craig smith. Should have had a few more as well. Dorking then had a spell and had chances to get level.

Second half eversley scored early with Matt griff and after that never really looked in danger. Good to get 3 points away to start the season

Dorking 0-2 Eversley

Eversley came out in the first 25 mins and scored a pen through Craig smith. Should have had a few more as well. Dorking then had a spell and had chances to get level.

Second half eversley scored early with Matt griff and after that never really looked in danger. Good to get 3 points away to start the season

I would appreciate your comments on the officials, Antz.

I wasn't there but have been following 'tweets' and it is nice to get the whole story.

To be honest ,This was a game both team were really up for making every decision that didn't go there way the wrong one. ( hope that makes sense). Also being the first game in baking heat didn't help with keeping your cool.

Yes he did make afew strange free kicks and bookings I don't think he affected the final result. The strikers on the pitch all made mistakes with chances they were on the end off so he was not the only one.

Ash Utd 2 South Park res 5

I've kept quiet for too long.....we need to improve quickly or else

started ok but sloppy goals saw us go in 2-1 down at ht. 2nd half saw SP take control & played some very neat & attractive football & romped to a 5-1 lead, before we pulled a late goal back.

South Park Reserves will be no push overs, but we could easily be the wiping boys if we don't get our act together asp............hopefully this could be the last time Grumpy is Very Grumpy or a lot if people will be getting fed up with me (not that they ain't already)

Abbey Rangers 0 CB Hounslow 2

Abbey Rangers kick off in the CCL in front of a crowd of about 100 on a boiling hot day.

First 30 was about even but on 30 Abbey gave away a needless penalty. CB forward had lost control of the ball just inside the box near the D and was just about to lose it completely when an Abbey defender upended him. Ref had no choice. Converted by Nick Hardy.

Game continued with CB now in the slight ascensdancy and was fairly unspectacular until the 59th minute when Stuart Bamford was sent off for CB after an off the ball incident spotted by the linesman ! After this Abbey attempted to make their advantage count but to be honest they had no cutting edge up front at all. I suspect that could have played until midnight and not scored. As they pushed forward for an equaliser they left gaps at the back and on 89 one of these was exploited by Aston Ventour, who broke free, rounded the keeper and slotted it in.

Good start for CB who I predicted for the title. Abbey on this showing will struggle to make an impact this term.

The match report from our 2-2 draw with Windsor is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/Fix2015.16-7.html

I had a great view of the penalty incident, although not the same one as the referee. I didn't think it was a penalty as Kyle got his shot away and maybe was impeded a little in the process but didn't think it was enough for a penalty. He then collided with the keeper and went over.

However, I heard some Windsor fans who were at my end but at an angle say they saw a push from a defender and I thought the referee might have seen that. However, if he had, it would have been the defender who was sent off and not the keeper. The referee confirmed to me after the game that he saw a foul by the keeper and yes there appeared to be contact, but it looked to me to be after the shot. What is especially harsh is that not only did Dennison got sent off, but we got the penalty and the goal AND he will get a one match suspension, and whilst keepers are well protected in other areas, some say too well protected, they are completely hung out to dry by this rule. This is not what the professional foul rule was brought in for I am certain of that.

We had a similar one a couple of years ago at Horley (ironically when Kyle was playing for them against us) and our keeper would have been better advised to not bother stopping him. How is that good for the game!

So yes, I sympathise with the Windsor team here, especially their keeper, although it must be said that a 2-2 draw was the right result between two even sides who, based entirely on just this one early performance will probably still make the top ten, but might just finish a couple of spots lower than last year.

A very unbiased and balanced view on the penalty incident Rich.  I think he got it wrong on all counts but like you said he says he saw a foul so there's no comeback whereas we all know he's wrong but hey ho S#1T Happens as they say !

Referee's getting it wrong, Steve ??

Surely Not !!