Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Admission charges

Hi, just curious to know what your club is charging to get in this season please ?

I noticed that AFC Hayes are charging £8 for adults despite being relegated last season and wondered if £8 was the norm or are some clubs charging less ?

Interested in Div 1 prices as well

SCR game was £7 on Friday evening. They had a great deal on season tickets for £20 but have now gone back up to £40. Thinking of going again tonight and regret not taking advantage.

£6 again I should imagine.

My son is 16 now and having attended games FOC for the last 6 years now has to pay full price.

Now that lads / lasses have to stay in education until 18, very few will be earning anything more than pin money, if that at 16 / 17.

To be honest (call me tight if you like) I don't really intend paying £6 myself for him to watch games but it would be daft to just let him / other youngsters drift away from watching Windsor and I really do believe it is in clubs' best interests to offer a half price concession to 16 / 17 year olds.

Thoughts?

I have emailed this suggestion to Windsor but have not had a reply yet.

Maybe they think I AM being tight! ;)

Edited by Rother

And i thought you understood Rother,the clubs need all the income they can muster,most of the money will probably be spent on the officials and food for players and club officials and again the match officials get their own separate food,fecking hell being a ref must be quite lucrative lol

For what it's worth, £6 doesn't get you a lot these days. When considering the other options out there, it is very cheap but many kids will still spend far more doing those. A pint costs close to £4 these days ffs.

For me, I was desperate to get to my teams games, and saved up my pocket money so I had enough to get there on the train and get in. My record collection suffered but something had to give! 

I sympathise with Rother's situation but if they are genuinely keen supporters then after many years of getting a cheap entry, paying £6 to help the club they support shouldn't be an issue.

As a club we had a brief discussion about admission this season but decided against it. If everyone starts to move to £8 we may have that discussion again, but ultimately, for most clubs, it's about more than the gate money. It's what they spend while they are at the game that is often a far greater proportion of revenue, so some will decide to keep prices low for that reason. 

But they shouldn't do it just to subsidise the kids who in most cases have far more disposable income at that age than we ever did.

Thanks for the replies so far. I suppose it depends on what you can afford though an extra couple of quid doesn't make much difference to me. I tend to go where I fancy rather than the cheapest options

I know 1 or 2 clubs in the Ryman Prem are charging £12 this year so the CCL at £8 in some cases is not that far behind

Dorking FC playing at the New Defence, Horley:

Adults £6 including programme, Seniors £3, U18s free.

Edited by Big J R

For what it's worth, £6 doesn't get you a lot these days. When considering the other options out there, it is very cheap but many kids will still spend far more doing those. A pint costs close to £4 these days ffs.

For me, I was desperate to get to my teams games, and saved up my pocket money so I had enough to get there on the train and get in. My record collection suffered but something had to give! 

I sympathise with Rother's situation but if they are genuinely keen supporters then after many years of getting a cheap entry, paying £6 to help the club they support shouldn't be an issue.

As a club we had a brief discussion about admission this season but decided against it. If everyone starts to move to £8 we may have that discussion again, but ultimately, for most clubs, it's about more than the gate money. It's what they spend while they are at the game that is often a far greater proportion of revenue, so some will decide to keep prices low for that reason. 

But they shouldn't do it just to subsidise the kids who in most cases have far more disposable income at that age than we ever did.

Not sure you fully get my point - this is really about what is right for the clubs, not the kids (or the parents).

It's really nothing to do with how committed they are, or how much disposable income they have compared to "our day", it is the reality that as kids reach 16+ other attractions / activities come on their horizons... yes, it has always been like that but clubs need to do everything they can to keep this next generation of fans as involved as possible otherwise the chances are we will lose a lot of them. (Of course, from what I see, some clubs don't have any of them to start with!)

I'm pretty sure Luke will be one of the only 16 or 17 year olds (maybe THE only one) paying admission fee tonight (as he would have been on Saturday at the E&E game). It's unattractive enough coming to football when he's only got a load of old codgers like me to talk to (!) but when his summer pin money runs out and he's at college in September does anyone think he'd be wise / likely to spend his entire weekly "allowance" on following Windsor FC?

I just think £3 would mean he comes to more games and therefore maintains his interest. (Well actually, I don't just think it, I know it.)

Not sure you fully get my point - this is really about what is right for the clubs, not the kids (or the parents).

It's really nothing to do with how committed they are, or how much disposable income they have compared to "our day", it is the reality that as kids reach 16+ other attractions / activities come on their horizons... yes, it has always been like that but clubs need to do everything they can to keep this next generation of fans as involved as possible otherwise the chances are we will lose a lot of them. (Of course, from what I see, some clubs don't have any of them to start with!)

I'm pretty sure Luke will be one of the only 16 or 17 year olds (maybe THE only one) paying admission fee tonight (as he would have been on Saturday at the E&E game). It's unattractive enough coming to football when he's only got a load of old codgers like me to talk to (!) but when his summer pin money runs out and he's at college in September does anyone think he'd be wise / likely to spend his entire weekly "allowance" on following Windsor FC?

I just think £3 would mean he comes to more games and therefore maintains his interest. (Well actually, I don't just think it, I know it.)

I think his Dad should buy him a season ticket  ;)

If £3 a week makes a genuine difference between being interested in going to watch your club and going else where then trust me, at the age of 16 he'll find something else more interesting and glamorous to do very shortly. Cars, beer, girls, music concerts/festivals and possibly some other things we shouldn't refer to on a family site are all now going to have a pull on his time.

What I was trying to get across, (but obviously failed!) was that as in our days, if you are keen, you will go, and if you aren't, you won't. £3 won't make a difference either way. 

However, I will concede that it might affect a potential new supporter who decides not to bother because of cost and misses out. That could be applied to anyone of any age though and as I said earlier, it's not a lot of money really in this day and age.

Sorry Rich, you are wrong.

I have a 16 year old and he is in exactly this position.

He enjoys going when other commitments don't get in the way but has said £3 is ok, £6 is heavy when it comes out of his own pocket. (Whether I do actually choose to pay for him in the future is a different matter - we are talking about 16 year olds here, not the relative wealth / generosity of their parents.)

Whatever you think of the value of £3 in this day and age, or indeed of his level of dedication compared to your own expectations of what a committed supporter should be like, is completely irrelevant.

In reality I'm not tight, he's not tight - but like every other human being we have other calls on our money and an automatic almost unthinking built in assessor of what represents VFM in comparison with the pleasure levels to be found in other activities.

£3 makes a difference to a lad like Luke.

And clubs should be aware of that.

Edited by Rother