Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

14th/15th/16th August

Horley Town 7 Wick & Barnha 0

Game had everything seven goals, Ashley scored four (One from penalty spot) they had a penalty but our Keeper George Hyde saved it.

Other goals from Richard Wetton Leyton Regan and one from Sub Nathan Jupp. Good to catch up with some old Sussex faces as well. Best player on the park was the Wick keeper who had a great game. Shoreham Away in the next round. Happy days

Horley Town 7 Wick & Barnha 0

Game had everything seven goals, Ashley scored four (One from penalty spot) they had a penalty but our Keeper George Hyde saved it.

Other goals from Richard Wetton Leyton Regan and one from Sub Nathan Jupp. Good to catch up with some old Sussex faces as well. Best player on the park was the Wick keeper who had a great game. Shoreham Away in the next round. Happy days

I have to say, I watched Shoreham have a warm up for the next round with an 8-0 stroll of their own today. Didn't stop the Shoreham keeper having a blazing rant at his defenders when coming off the pitch at half time 3-0 to the good, though! Lots of pace up front for sure at Horsham and St. Francis kept them honest by never throwing the towel in.

HaHaHa how come Ash didn't have a game today ?

Not good enough to qualify to play in the fa cup & only Epsom ath free but Chessington were at home in the cup as well

I have to say, I watched Shoreham have a warm up for the next round with an 8-0 stroll of their own today. Didn't stop the Shoreham keeper having a blazing rant at his defenders when coming off the pitch at half time 3-0 to the good, though! Lots of pace up front for sure at Horsham and St. Francis kept them honest by never throwing the towel in.

Have you got a report for us?

Key players etc?

Us ccl look after each other.

HTFCSUPPORTER, on 15 Aug 2015 - 9:54 PM, said:

Have you got a report for us?

Key players etc?

Us ccl look after each other.

Well, anyone who gets five goals before being substituted in a game, is, by definition, a handful, but Melford Simpson is a solid, muscle-bound but elusive striker, for sure and they worked the percentages on being marginally offside/ level with the

defensive line all afternoon.

Maybe they're not the quickest at the back, as they looked a bit suspect to pace,

even from a team who obviously didn't give them that much to think about. They

looked to get the ball wide and put crosses in early and are a threat in the air...

(a hatrick of headers in the first half from two corners and a rebound off the bar from another for the aforementioned Mr Simpson.)

Against better opposition ( I am certain of that!) they won't enjoy as much

possession as did today, but they like a quick lob over the defensive line for their forwards to chase and like to get the ball in early and fight for the second ball, rather than always picking out the best initial cross. As I said, hard to say too

much in a match like this!

The have a giant foward Melford Simpson who use to play for South Kilburn

...and as I mentioned, the said giant was a proper handful and will need close

attention at set pieces. Blocking his runs at set pieces? As he's built like an ox, it will need someone who fancies it to take on that responsibility, if it is planned.

1st win of the season for the sheers ! 2-0 win against Cobham. Absolutley buzzing with the result and performance so are the players for more other reasons than just the 3 points. Good performance. Goals from Shane rideout and Ross white.

First of all, it was a good performance by Sheerwater against Cobham today but Cobham were missing six or seven players that featured against Farleigh and Dorking Wanderers Reserves due to injury/suspension/non-availability etc. so that has to be taken into account.  

I have read about the game being a war of Good v Evil on one of Sheerwater’s sponsors Twitter feed– what utter nonsense, first of all there is no evil or malice at either of those sides and secondly both sides put any feelings of animosity aside and it was a good contest with both sides contesting the game well.

The game may have meant more to Sheerwater, but Cobham were sporting and they should be judged on the here and now and not the politics of the past season – we all know what happened at the club but hand on heart I can say I enjoyed my visit there today and the club looks a lot better both on and off the pitch; the ground has been tidied up, there’s new sponsors on board and the players they’ve brought in look fairly decent (and I hear more may be joining soon, possibly on the back of the defeat today).   
I guess that I should comment on ‘the elephant in the room’ and I disagreed strongly with the way one of Cobham’s management berated his players.   There’s passion for the game and then there’s stupidity – however I’m sure both he and the players will live and learn.  I also disagree with the ‘gentleman’ at Cobham that Sheerwater are the weakest defensive side in the league – they aren’t the best by any stretch but not the worst and are a lot better as a unit than in previous seasons.

The last time I visited was when Ken Reed was in charge and the club was quite literally falling apart with the Leg O Mutton looking scruffy and unkempt – today it looked in fine fettle and the club look as if they will be financially stable and might have a good cup run or two.   

Certainly, neither Sheerwater nor Cobham will trouble the top eight but both played well and there was very little sign of trouble or hostility.   Pete Ruggles and co. have moved on to Sheerwater and look like they could develop a good squad there over the next few years, although whether that is in or outside of the Combined Counties is open to question.  As for Cobham, they have been going through a transitional period for the past year or so but they have long term plans to win promotion to the Ryman League and with some work on the ground and a few new players they might just get there one day soon with some hard work and effort.

Let bygones be bygones and move on, and let the football do the talking – my judgment is that it was a good game and a great advert for non-league football.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of this but have no real reason to doubt it - have been told there was a bit of a bundle inside the Camberley dressing room after the game.

come on lads, what goes on in the dressing room stays in the dressing room.

Things get heated then cool off quickly, does the outside world really need to know!

...and as I mentioned, the said giant was a proper handful and will need close

attention at set pieces. Blocking his runs at set pieces? As he's built like an ox, it will need someone who fancies it to take on that responsibility, if it is planned.

Thanks. We will take that on board.

Sounds like it will be a good game.

Wood 0-2 Eastbourne Town report here - http://wibbandune.simplesite.com/417806039

Yet another pleasant Sussex club visits Wibbandune.

Long chat with their players all decent guys.

Must be favourites for their league??? 

Ended up 4-3 to Dorking. Chicks in control from the start and eventually were 4-0 up, only for South Park to get one back. Then the game changed, South Park started to control things and got another one back. Chicks keeper then brings down the 'last man' just outside the box and sees red. Shortly after Park beat the stand in keeper and it's a nervy ending, especially as the ref played 7 minutes over. Good entertainment and Chicks looked decent for most of the game, but a bit of a worry the way they let South Park to get back into it as they did.

I quite enjoyed it ... must get a new battery for my watch though

come on lads, what goes on in the dressing room stays in the dressing room.

Things get heated then cool off quickly, does the outside world really need to know!

For whatever reason this one obviously didn't stay in the dressing room.

For whatever reason this one obviously didn't stay in the dressing room.

Does the outside world HAVE to know ??

Not exactly, but it's always nice to know who's been throwing hand-bags, and why !!

:ph34r:

Ended up 4-3 to Dorking. Chicks in control from the start and eventually were 4-0 up, only for South Park to get one back. Then the game changed, South Park started to control things and got another one back. Chicks keeper then brings down the 'last man' just outside the box and sees red. Shortly after Park beat the stand in keeper and it's a nervy ending, especially as the ref played 7 minutes over. Good entertainment and Chicks looked decent for most of the game, but a bit of a worry the way they let South Park to get back into it as they did.

No video report, Trevor ?

What a shame.