Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Unbelievable Jeff...Cobham FC HT pep talk

wowzer1

Man up you lot,next you will want managers and coaches to be all angelic and nice,please get real have any of you played in a higher standard and have you never heard of the hair dryer treatment,i was once threatened by a coaches wife and kids but just accepted it.

Man up you lot,next you will want managers and coaches to be all angelic and nice,please get real have any of you played in a higher standard and have you never heard of the hair dryer treatment,i was once threatened by a coaches wife and kids but just accepted it.

I get your drift Duncs but it didn't work for Phil Brown and these guys looked like younger players?

There is a balance you need to strike in management, and although both Brian Clough and Bill Shankly (for example) were tough managers they were also very fair.   The same could be said for Sir Alex Ferguson - a tough man but he moulded great teams at Manchester United.

Going 'Nuclear' or doing a 'John Sitton' will just turn the players off - I have heard unofficially that a few players have left the club after the defeat on the weekend although whether it's under their own steam or the management has pushed them I am unsure of.  

It wasn't just the way he treated the players which was wrong, he should never have made those comments about Sheerwater in public.  Whatever you think of people or clubs, keep it to yourself and be the better man.  We've been on the end of a few bad comments and incidents recently (losing one of our best players from last season to a Step 4 club who offered him cash in an envelope to ditch us before the start of the season) but have kept things in club and tried to be bigger than our agitators.

Onto Saturday and hopefully a quieter day at the office!

Chris is correct, Kennedy Ahenkorah is one of the players featured (9) and he was very upset at what happened.  He's only 17/18 and a good prospect along with Tevan Webster (11).

I wouldn't like this episode to put them off - they have the potential to play at a higher level and losing them would go against what Cobham are trying to do which is build a successful young team.

Weeble's comment says it all and I 100% agree.

Geez Duncs  .... Next you will be wanting the game to re-introduce pig bladder balls and ban all 3 / 4 g pitches ....

The players here are not those that earn mega money each week so why would you wanna stand there and listen to a rant by this guy possible in front of their parents .... in fact I think its lucky that some of the younger players parents were not present.  With instant media and phones able to take pic and video's which it look like this was done made the image of the standard of coaching look a complete joke and as previous posters have put on here was totally useless as the game end zip - 2.

This level of football is about development especially Div 1 where some older players should be assisting the next generation of talent destine for Prem and hopefully higher ... I'm not saying all coaches and mangers need to be angelic but lets just agree that we need to loose the sub-standard bully coaches which this guy seems to have cornered the market on

Weebs ok mate behind closed doors would of been the right way of doing things,Res Coach do you know Elfmole cos he thinks everything should be nice with sugar on top as well,Rother once told us that Windsor players and management don't swear or cheat,I am not gonna come on hear and pretent managers don't lose their rags at time,if young players don't like being treated like adults then they are in the wrong game imho.

Yeah but that was your missus Duncs :)

How are you great mate :)

I'm fine mate hope all is good wiv you and your lot,went to watch Cam last saturday thought you might be there I said hello to Andy and Russ and a few more stalwarts but no George Kloony lol

Time to get a room you two !

No games until the cricket season is finished Duncs you should know that :)

There's a load of funnies in there somewhere, but I'll refrain.......