Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jeremy Corbyn - Good or Bad?

Is Jeremy Corbyn going to lose some of his shadow cabinet over the Syria air strikes? Personally, I'm not keen on going in there, we keep screwing up in the Middle East as it is.

I'm bitterly disappointed by allowing a free vote, and sincerely hope that every warmonger Labour MP is deselected  ASAP. 

I think a free vote was the correct thing to do, I just can't how bombing Syria is going to achieve anything in the long-term.

Who is the actual enemy out there? Assad, ISIS or supposed 'moderate' rebels. Too complicated for me to work out.

I think a free vote was the correct thing to do, I just can't how bombing Syria is going to achieve anything in the long-term.

Who is the actual enemy out there? Assad, ISIS or supposed 'moderate' rebels. Too complicated for me to work out.

Potentially tens of thousands of innocent Syrians could be killed by yet more indiscriminate bombing, and IMO we would be no better than ISIS. If we want to recruit for ISIS and create more carnage on our shores I can think of no better way to do so. 

There's the problem - It didn't work in Iraq, it didn't work in Libya and it's not going to work in Syria.

We're also likely to get another influx of refugees in from Syria, people who don't want to leave their country but feel compelled to for their own safety or because there's nothing left for them over there. It's a mess.

Short term policies don't work, Thatcher selling off council houses for example!

This thread has virtually become a "Corbyn-Cameron-Syria"  thread.

I'm not sure 100% that air-strikes will help in the long term, but we had to do something.

Putin wants to up the anti against anti-Assad rebels thereby propping up his evil regime.  To be honest, I don't think England and the western countries could support a stronger Assad controlled country.

As far as Corbyn is concerned, he has shot himself in both feet.  He knew full well it was a 'free-vote', but then went on to bully his female party members by sending them pictures of dead babies.

He has alienated over half of his shadow cabinet, and I think his days are numbered  -  Probably a good thing, given his ultra- leftie views.

Edited by Big J R

This thread has virtually become a "Corbyn-Cameron-Syria"  thread.

I'm not sure 100% that air-strikes will help in the long term, but we had to do something.

Putin wants to up the anti against anti-Assad rebels thereby propping up his evil regime.  To be honest, I don't think England and the western countries could support a stronger Assad controlled country.

As far as Corbyn is concerned, he has shot himself in both feet.  He knew full well it was a 'free-vote', but then went on to bully his female party members by sending them pictures of dead babies.

He has alienated over half of his shadow cabinet, and I think his days are numbered  -  Probably a good thing, given his ultra- leftie views.

Jeremy Corbyn has most certainly not sent any MP pictures of dead babies, although had he done so it seems a reasonable enough thing to do to me. Babies will be killed so what's wrong with highlighting it graphically.

With regards to JCs future job prospects, he may not have the support of a large proportions of his MPs, but he has overwhelming support from our members and affiliated unions, so there's little our Tory-lite MPs can do about it.

Personally, I think the country with the biggest military budget in the whole of the Middle East, Saudi Arabia should get more involved instead of getting the West to do their dirty work for them (at least target the oil wells that ISIS control, cutting off their funds). Takes the Western Imperialistic infidel crusaders out of the equation.

No time for Assad, No time for ISIS, Russia have got their own agenda in propping up Assad instead of bombing ISIS in some outdated communist comradeship, America do what Saudi Arabia/Israel tell them to do and you have to question the morality of the so-called 'moderate' rebels out in Syria. Add to that Turkey's recent actions as well.

It's a powder keg out there and we'd do well not to get involved. Does that make me a 'terrorist sympathiser' as David Cameron would claim or am I looking at the bigger picture?

Who's the real victims?, the innocents that get caught up in all of this (as usual).

Jeremy Corbyn is a small part of this equation, the vote would have been carried even if all the Labour MP's voted against the Government anyway (7 Tories voted against, 5 Lib Dems voted for).

The good folk of Oldham don't agree with you BJR. Lol.

The result certainly got a lot of coverage on the Andrew Neill programme on BBC last night.

Postal voting ???  Hmmm.

The result certainly got a lot of coverage on the Andrew Neill programme on BBC last night.

Postal voting ???  Hmmm.

Are you suggesting that the Kippers lost the bye-election because the other far right fascist party privatised the Royal Mail? 

Safe Labour seat, big majority in the last General election and a good local candidate concentrating on local issues (who's general policies are probably a bit to the right of Corbyn). I think that Labour was always going to win that seat and I can't see much credence in the postal vote issue.

Not saying vote rigging can't happen though, one of the advantages of a free press is that any party would probably get caught if they pushed their luck on it.

I do think that UKIP have been a bit unlucky. I don't agree with UKIP's policies but at the end of the day they got 5,000,000 votes in the last election and only got one seat - that can't be fair.

Edited by cup of tea

Are you suggesting that the Kippers lost the bye-election because the other far right fascist party privatised the Royal Mail? 

I wasn't suggesting anything, Romford.

Just reporting that there was a somewhat heated exchange on the show.

It was kicking off somewhat !!! - Noticed that the representatives from all the other parties distanced themselves from it.

As they quite rightly should have done.

There's far too much mud-slinging in politics, IMHO !

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like Jeremy is in for a tough time with his fellow Labour MP's then.

The Labour party should be fighting the conservatives, not themselves.

As I never read the right wing papers the thought police haven't influenced me and I honestly believe Corbyn is doing a great job, as do the vast majority of party members.

As for the "moderate" (Torylite) Labour MPs, in a perfect world they would join the Tories, resign their seats and fight by-elections. They wont of coarse because they believe their careers to be more important than the ordinary people they are supposed to represent.

Don't think I've ever bought a Daily Mail or Daily Express in my life. Read someone else's Daily Mail once and found it laughable.

Not bothered about who leads the party to be honest, Labour missed a great opportunity to attack the Conservatives over their division on Europe through their own divisions, that's what concerns me.

After Corbyn's 'debatable' re-shuffle, I think the Trident issue will either make him or break him !

Edited by Big J R