Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 4 Baggies 0

Swifty

Top of the table now after a convincing victory with passages of superb play, though fair play to Badshot Lea for a good, clean game. They never gave up and didn't deserve nil, and their fans are a good humoured bunch.

I thought the game was going to be much closer at the start, as we needed to make a couple of saves and last-ditch clearances, but Bitz settled us down with a well taken if possibly slightly deflected 20 yard free kick in the 10th minute. The match was more or less settled with a contender for goal of the season, with some beautiful one touch passing finished off exquisitely by Max. The Baggies looked shell shocked, and goals by Dan and Tom saw us four up in half an hour and coasting.

The only down sides to the match were Dan's hamstring injury in the first half (though replacement Bradley looked lively) and our failure to score after the break though we went close on several occasions. Never underestimate the importance of goal difference. While Badshot Lea gave us a few scares they lacked a cutting edge and our defenders held firm, while we looked a bit complacent and should have added to our tally, though Lea keeper Ashley West deserves credit for a clutch of reflex saves. The officials also deserve credit - the most consistent and organised I've seen so far this season.

Difficult to choose a man of the match. Bayley was clearly our best player in the first half, while everyone was consistent in the second half, though I must once again mention Scott Elgar's incisive passes. Russ probably needed smelling salts at the break after the Lea forward turned him inside out and back again just before the half time cuppa, but remind me to hand over 60 quid on Tuesday week as I'd like to sponsor Ginger Bobby Moore again this campaign.

Great game to watch in the 1st half, I think we went to sleep in the 2nd and missed 3 or 4 good chances to increase the score,but on the whole a job well done.

The mid field looked stronger with Max Webb passing and tackling like we know he can,plus he served up the best goal of the game.

Good to see Scot Weight get the last 10mins hope he get's even more time in the next game to show the youngster's how it is done,it was even better to see him back in Ashford's colours,talking of which I thought the new kit looked superb.

Lewis Taylor along side Russ looks a strong and excellent partnership keep it going lads.

Archived