Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 4 Villains 1

Swifty

An emphatic victory over a Hanworth side who lost their composure in the second half but still scored the goal of the game.

Seeing as we hadn't played a team in the top eight this season before today, I was a bit concerned how we'd fare. No need to worry in the end. Villa had their chances, but the lads put in a superb team performance and we scored the number we should have done against Farnham.

A beautifully threaded pass by Bayley allowed Samad to give us a 35th minute lead with an assured finish, and any lingering nerves were settled when Villa gave away the first of Bitz's converted penalties barely a minute after the break. By the time Bitz netted his second in the 71st, our visitors had sadly lived up to their nickname with their manager sent from the dugout and a sub given a second yellow for abusive language, plus several others picking up rash cards during the half. 

In fairness, Villa scored a great team goal, lashed into the top far corner by Jesse Atiase in the 82nd, but we made use of the extra man as Villa tired a little near the end and sub Scott Elgar deftly passed the ball high into the far corner four minutes from time.

Difficult to pick a man of the match, though Bayley probably had a good shout. Fine tactical play by the Guru to bring Weighty back in for this game, and he didn't disappoint. When you consider Hanworth had only conceded one goal in the league before today, that speaks volumes for our lads.

PS - Can we please update the sponsorship page of our programme? Harry Driver's got himself a brilliant sponsor!

We could have had any number of goals, again the opposition keeper had a very good game amidst the outfield players that were crumbling around him and seemingly losing the plot... Samad was excellent running at pace and taking players on and really solid games from all the lads in Tangerine 'n' White... My MOM was Bits, he ran his socks off and didn't hit a stray pass all day unselfishly often playing others in and stuck his 2 pens away with aplomb.... Scott Elgar looked very good coming off the bench, his first touch and overall displaying showing a serious amount of skill...

A well deserved win and and still 100% in the league  :D

I think Bayley's pass for Samad's goal was definitely pass of the game.

correct. Leading to goal of the game by said Samad.

Bitz took both his penalties with APLOMB. today's word, used regularly by the programme / web page writer.

A very good team performance.

Not debating about the usual trivial stuff like goal / pass / man of the match...

I'm not a rugby man, but Japan's victory over South Africa was colossal. An admittedly short and win-allergic team expected to ship 60 points to a side with nearly 900 caps between them, and Japan deservedly won. They were magnificent.

If Japan can manage that, and manage it without a fluke on the day, anything's possible.

Team talk written for the rest of the season.   :D

What can I say,that was a fantastic team performance,probably the best I have seen them play, and the way Hanworth resorted to the bully boy tactics only empathised how well Ashford were playing.Very difficult to choose man of the match but I think Sammad just get's my vote,he was full of running and making a real nuisance of him self the whole game.

I would have bet a month's salary that Hanworth's no15 was going to get him self sent off after he came on as a sub,because with his poor attitude and nonstop moaning to the ref it was not surprising,and it will not be his last if he carry' s on like that.

Not to mention also an attendance of 203.

A superb attendance, more than we expected, and fair play to Villa - apparently many players and fans stayed in the clubhouse well after the game. I only turned up again later to try and find my lost railcard (thanks to Geoff for getting a torch out and helping me look for it in the ground and car park) which I was reunited with today - it had fallen out of my pocket less than 100 yards from home and a neighbour returned it. :wacko: 

Compare our Villa attendance to that at Fred's favourite away venue, Raynes Park Vale - according to the weekly league bulletin, RPV's home game against Badshot Lea was watched by an official attendance of SIX.

I heard on the terraces that 'Johnno' had left Spelthorne Sports after a few problems within the club. Interesting to see he's rocked up at Bedfont Sports with at least one of his former players.

A glorious victory on a glorious day. That must be the best performance by our team for many years. They were all excellent but I agree with Kev that Mark Bitmead was the stand-out performer. He was virtually 100% perfect with his work on Saturday, Mark is a bit under-appreciated by Ashford fans,  although he has scored and created lots of goals for the first team and previously in the reserves/ juniors.

For a team who had conceded very few goals, I thought Villa looked nervous at the back in the early stages, getting in each other's way and arguing amongst themselves and then the referee.

By the way, the ref did very well, kept up with play, and was calm and measured in his decision making.

Under appreciated ????!!!!!

You need to lay off the funny fags Manu!!

Bitz is a favourite wherever you stand at the ground. In fact I can't think of a single fan that doesn't appreciate him.

We've got Sideshow Bob ...I say we've got Sideshow Bob! Lol

He was virtually 100% perfect with his work on Saturday

It is incredibly rare in football for a player to be 100% perfect but I honestly cant remember Bits misplacing a pass in the entire 90 minutes....

An absolute peach of a game from a player that could seriously go places... Well played Mark  :brille008:

Archived