Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

United States v Russia

The US will bottle it as they don't want to be seen as being the bad guys over this so I don't think WW3 is on the cards here.

Think the way things are going, there won't be much left of Syria anyway.

Personally, I think that everyone should pull out of the middle east and let them sort it out themselves (including Russia). Assad is being kept in power by Russia and certain elements in Iran, that's obvious.

I agree with you, Cuppa.

The middle East should be a 'No-Go' area for all western powers until such time as Isis start towards Europe.

I agree with you, Cuppa.

The middle East should be a 'No-Go' area for all western powers until such time as Isis start towards Europe.

Like it or not the west needs Arab oil, as much as we need peace in the region, and that cannot happen until ISIS is destroyed. If that objective can be achieved before they reach Europe in large numbers so much the better. If keeping Assad in power is to be a by-product of ridding the world of ISIS then surely that's a price worth paying.

Very true RB.

We in this country, always cosy up to Saudi Arabia by supplying them with armament, even though they have a terrible record on human rights.

There was a clip on the late news the other night of the execution of a Saudi woman, beheaded for some Sharia crime.  She was screaming her head off and it took three people to get her down on the ground, taking some minute or so t5o do so, before the executioner was finally able to raise his swod.  Thankfully, the picture froze as the sword was above his head.  I have no doubt the full clip is available on YouTube, but I'd rather not bother.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's certainly a very serious situation when Saudi executes over 40 people, including a leading cleric.