Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 10th October - Match Thread

Didn't forget it. Simple header to clear a punt up field was messed up of which camberley took full advantage. Yes an overlapping run and decent cross with a good 'headed' finish ar the back post.

Started with a huge punt up field though.

The biggest shame here is that some of those camberley players are actually good enough to play good football and show glimpses of real quality dribbling, passing etc.

Yes they can and that is why they are where they are in the league year in year out because they are capable of mixing up the way they play. To be honest yesterday was not a great performance and some credit to Knaphill for that but they still won, there lies the difference!

Didn't expect anything else from Krooner.

Biggest rose tinted glasses EVER.

And yes, a big punt into the box from a few kick.

That's what they did the whole game so no surprise on the 100th punt into the box they scored. Play percentages!!!

It's just an ugly ugly way to play football. Camberley barely passed the ball to each other and constantly missed out their midfield. Yes winning is the important part but I couldn't play for, manage or coach that style of football. And if their supporters were honest, they would surely prefer to see good football, not hoof it at every opportunity.

2nd half we played some really nice football and dominated the possession. Better finishing and we certainly would have come away with points. Which is why the sucker punch in the dying minutes hurt even more.

Sorry Jonno 2nd most rose tinted glasses ever.  Did I describe the goal incorrectly ?  Did I say we deserved to win ?  Did I say we played well and did I disagree with anything you said about us.  So interestingly not sure how I got accused of Rose Tinted glasses.

Now do feel free to mention how many times your keeper threw the ball out to your players compared to how many times his kicks sailed harmlessly through to our keeper ?

And to say you deserved to win is hilarious :)  Think you may have the biggest rose tinted glasses ever.

Your rose tinted glasses Krooner have been on forever, not just this one game.

Our keeper threw the ball out more times than Bradders did but I don't disagree with his kicking. It was long and ineffective. The plan was not to bombard you with punts though.

Whereas our keeper has a huge kick, the rest of the Knaphill team do not kick long but the whole camberley team do and not just Bradders.

It's ugly football?? Agree or not Krooner? Enjoy watching that type of football? Do you coach your youngsters to play that style??

Rather than being disrespectful to another teams style of play and what there supporters do and do not like watching maybe it would be best to put your effort into coaching your team on how to counter this so called ugly football better. I didn't see those supporters being to bothered with the couple of pieces of silverware picked up last season. It does confuse me why you need to question another teams style of play so much when you get beat. I personally would be questioning the why? And what? could we do better when suffering a loss. Good luck with the season though. Lucky you don't have to play Camberley again in 10 days time!

Disrespectful? I gave my opinion on the style of football they play. I wasn't being disrespectful.

Thankfully camberley are the only team that play that type of football in our league so coaching the team on how to combat it is not high on the agenda.

And as for silverware, I'm pretty sure you'd swap both of those trophies for the one Camberley have been after ever since they came into this league. Supposed to be a conference club by now according to the Camberley chairman. Clearly the hoof football is not quite working to win this league.

And from my limited knowledge, not one of those promoted teams in previous seasons have ever won the league playing the hoof style. Maybe 'you' could coach them a different style that will win them the league??

Yes promotion would be nice and fair play to South Park and Molesey who fully deserved to go up the last two years. As for the coaching side of things, I would much rather coach winning football and being adaptable to the opponent you face rather than stick with trying to pass, pass pass look pretty occasionally and ultimately finish well off the top of the table. The two teams who did get promoted above us found a really good balance of winning football which is not easy to get so fair play to them.

Your rose tinted glasses Krooner have been on forever, not just this one game.

Our keeper threw the ball out more times than Bradders did but I don't disagree with his kicking. It was long and ineffective. The plan was not to bombard you with punts though.

Whereas our keeper has a huge kick, the rest of the Knaphill team do not kick long but the whole camberley team do and not just Bradders.

It's ugly football?? Agree or not Krooner? Enjoy watching that type of football? Do you coach your youngsters to play that style??

Poor answer Jonno because I showed your comment to be poor.

Happy for you to copy and paste all my comments on my teams style of play and give evidence of my Rose Tinted Glasses.  I suspect I will be waiting a long time.  Cheap shot and you have been found out.

I am a one team person.  I support my team through thick and thin and in the 30 years of supporting this club they have been plenty of thins and I have no doubt there are plenty more to come.  So I enjoy the good times and the odd pieces of silverware we win.  I think although VP can correct me that I have seen us win about 5 trophies in those 30 years.

Would I like to watch my team play free flowing football.  Of course.  Do I want to see my team win.  Of course and anybody that comes on here and says different is talking rubbish.  I am also pragmatic and have enough brain to realise that in the CCL you are not going to get players good enough and very often pitches good enough to play the football I would like to see.

In 30 years of watching Non League football I have seen 3 teams at this level play that type of football.  I am pleased to say that Camberley are one of those sides back in the late 90's.  The other sides are were Mertsham, when they won the CCL Premier Division and Brook House (Now AFC Hayes) when they got promoted from Ryman 2.  3 great teams with a great attitude and were not full of themselves that played some great football.  No other side in those 30 years come close to it at this level.

You should be pleased that you were not around in the days of playing Essex teams who truly played long ball and also the year of the kick in !

In my humble opinion yesterday was a poor game.  Both sides played it long and it didn't give much entertainment.  That is my "Rose Tinted View" and it would be great to get a neutrals view on that.  We have your "Rose Tinted View"

And please do not ever give the great "I would rather play football attractively than compete at the top of the league" rubbish because that insults the intelligence of everybody on here.

Also please do remind me of how well you have done as a manager and coach ?

Sorry I forgot to mention my teams that I coach.

I want my teams to enjoy their football and play how they feel they should play.  I try and teach them about discipline, teamwork and respect.

Once they are old enough they will enter the real world of mens football when far too many people who really do not know what they are talking about will take over and ruin it for them !

I see the autumn hand-bag sale has started already !!!!

:ph34r:

:bolt:    :bolt:

Edited by Big J R

Sorry I forgot to mention my teams that I coach.

I want my teams to enjoy their football and play how they feel they should play. I try and teach them about discipline, teamwork and respect !

Great that you teach them the above. Do you teach them any football??

Cheap shot about my coaching or management experience.

FYI, 3 seasons at a level your beloved team have never played at.

2 seasons at another club not paying their players extortionate amounts of money, but instead improving their facility's and providing a fantastic pitch to play on. A promotion and then respectable finish in their first season at their current and highest ever level. Something to be proud of.

All that money camberley spend on their players and still no promotion. Gotta be disappointed.

Great that you teach them the above. Do you teach them any football??

More than you will ever do.  You will be too busy telling them to stand in front of a free kick or whine at the referee about every decision that goes against you :)

Cheap shot about my coaching or management experience.

FYI, 3 seasons at a level your beloved team have never played at.

2 seasons at another club not paying their players extortionate amounts of money, but instead improving their facility's and providing a fantastic pitch to play on. A promotion and then respectable finish in their first season at their current and highest ever level. Something to be proud of.

All that money camberley spend on their players and still no promotion. Gotta be disappointed.

1st point is incorrect.  I watched my beloved club at that level for many years.

Well done for that and couldn't agree more about the club you are at.  Lots of good people working hard that will be there a long time after you have cleared off.

Interesting to know where you got our accounts from.  Please do share them with everyone or is this another thing that you cannot evidence ?

Got to agree with both of you on this one,I have already had my say on Camberleys style of play and i think it is a waste of money to watch as a neutral,krooner is right about the silverware but it wasn't that long ago when we won the Aldershot senior cup and the league cup playing football,a few years on and you again won those 2 cups but with a different approach, the league is the prize Cam must win but i don't think they will with this style,scathing comment about jonno's management/coaching ability but i'm afraid your Chertsey days are what you will be judged on for a while yet.

I do not understand the argument with management and coaching levels.

You say you've coached at the level above Johnno, but with all due respect, your now at CCL, so clearly wasn't great at it.

Camberley manager is still at CCL level, so cannot claim to be better than you either.

So in reality, your both coaching at the same level, so neither can claim to be better than the other.

It's never where you have been, it's where you've ended up that stands with your ability. (in general, not you in person)

And the way Hartley are carrying on, your both be at the level next season as well.

Whatever spin you try to put on it mate people will see it as failure, i dont think thats a bad thing it will only make you more versatile in your management career,if Hartley can keep their team together then they will win this league and boy do they play in an entertaining way.