Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 10th October - Non League Day

So bloody furious with the utter ineptitude & total incompetence of the SSML right now and have no right to reply!

Grrrrrrr!

What's up BDC?

Well you remember when the league sent officials who didn't know the rules of the Challenge Trophy and frantically downloaded last year's handbook when challenged about ET & pens and got it wrong?

So, we were told we had to replay the game . . . at a neutral venue with no explanation as to why.

The league dictated this game to be played at Dunstable's ground on the 21st of October.

Then tell us today that that ground ALREADY has a game on that night so now we're going to Berko on the 20th instead.

Why a neutral ground for the replay? 

Why confirm details with clubs before checking the venue you've selected is actually free?

Why don't your officials know the competition rules before arriving at a game?

Why change the date again?

I had plans for the 20th so can't attend now and it just smacks of incompetence from start to finish and yet if anyone criticises them, you wind up with a fine!

Well you remember when the league sent officials who didn't know the rules of the Challenge Trophy and frantically downloaded last year's handbook when challenged about ET & pens and got it wrong?

So, we were told we had to replay the game . . . at a neutral venue with no explanation as to why.

The league dictated this game to be played at Dunstable's ground on the 21st of October.

Then tell us today that that ground ALREADY has a game on that night so now we're going to Berko on the 20th instead.

Why a neutral ground for the replay? 

Why confirm details with clubs before checking the venue you've selected is actually free?

Why change the date again?

I had plans for the 20th so can't attend now and it just smacks of incompetence from start to finish and yet if anyone criticises them, you wind up with a fine!

Right, lets clear up a few points

The following was sent to both club secretaries

Following the playing of extra time by the Referee in error in the above match, which was not in accordance with the Rules, the Management Committee has considered the situation and agreed that the match result cannot stand and the match be declared void and be re-arranged. The Management Committee has further decided that the re-arranged match be played on a neutral ground on a date to be decided, with costs being met by the League.

A copy of the Minutes of the full decision will be forwarded ASAP

It was Friday that the manager of Creasey Park contacted me to inform me of HIS mix-up hence Friday & Saturday was spent finding an alternative - Please note League rules state that clubs must have seven days notice of any fixture change, I think I am within this period by a couple of spare days

The Officials were made aware of the rule changes by the Referees Secretary - The match referee's action are being dealt by the FA and the assistants will be dealt with by the Referees Secretary

If either club was in any doubt on the evening they could have rung me or rung the Referees Secretary.

I'm sorry the change of date has inconvenienced you - perhaps you would like to check all remaining games and let me know what dates you are unavailable.

If the game was null and void then the game should be played at the original venue. This is just common sense. If common sense was applied the result should have stayed as was because the spirit of this change was to help clubs who had long journeys midweek and if extra time and pens were played the game went past 2230. A result is a result. I guess this dealt with under Competition rule A1.2.

Rule A1.2

The entire management and control of the competition shall be vested in the Management Committee who shall have the power to deal with any matter not specifically provided for in these rules.

They have dealt with it - end of discussion

Problem is the management committee is full of suits not boots. Unfortunately it seems Hertford are getting punished for ultimately the management committees wrong doing. Any real footballing person would have just reverted to rule number 1a under the common sense section.

If i was Hale leafs gaffa i'd give them the game with a pat on the back for the hard fought victory and get on with my season.

The result was surely a draw though as it finished 2-2 after 90 mins. The extra time should never have been and isn't a 'result'

If only you was there on the day to inform the ref on the day with you hindsight comments? ... Oh wait. You was , wasnt you mr goss?

Problem is the management committee is full of suits not boots. Unfortunately it seems Hertford are getting punished for ultimately the management committees wrong doing. 

You forget both clubs were present at the AGM when the rule was changed

You forget both clubs were present at the AGM when the rule was changed

Quick question for all of the forum members.

Who governs a match & applies the rules of the game?

Is it . . . 

A: Match Officials or

B: A Club Secretary

Edited by BigDogCol

Quick question for all of the forum members.

Who governs a match & applies the rules of the game?

Is it . . . 

A: Match Officials or

B: A Club Secretary

From the laws of the game

The authority of the referee

Each match is controlled by a referee who has full authority to enforce the Laws of the Game in connection with the match to which he has been appointed.

Powers and duties

The Referee:

• enforces the Laws of the Game

• controls the match in cooperation with the assistant referees and, where applicable, with the fourth official

• ensures that any ball used meets the requirements of Law 2

• ensures that the players’ equipment meets the requirements of Law 4

• acts as timekeeper and keeps a record of the match

• stops, suspends or abandons the match, at his discretion, for any infringements of the Laws

• stops, suspends or abandons the match because of outside interference of any kind

• stops the match if, in his opinion, a player is seriously injured and ensures that he is removed from the field of play. An injured player may only return to the field of play after the match has restarted

• allows play to continue until the ball is out of play if a player is, in his opinion, only slightly injured

• ensures that any player bleeding from a wound leaves the field of play. The player may only return on receiving a signal from the referee, who must be satisfied that the bleeding has stopped

• allows play to continue when the team against which an offence has been committed will benefit from such an advantage and penalizes the original offence if the anticipated advantage does not ensue at that time

• punishes the more serious offence when a player commits more than one offence at the same time

• takes disciplinary action against players guilty of cautionable and sending-off offences. He is not obliged to take this action immediately but must do so when the ball next goes out of play LAW 5 – THE REFEREE 25

• takes action against team officials who fail to conduct themselves in a responsible manner and may, at his discretion, expel them from the field of play and its immediate surrounds

• acts on the advice of the assistant referees regarding incidents that he has not seen • ensures that no unauthorized persons enter the field of play • indicates the restart of the match after it has been stopped

• provides the appropriate authorities with a match report, which includes information on any disciplinary action taken against players and/or team officials and any other incidents that occurred before, during or after the match Decisions of the referee The decisions of the referee regarding facts connected with play, including whether or not a goal is scored and the result of the match, are final. The referee may only change a decision on realizing that it is incorrect or, at his discretion, on the advice of an assistant referee or the fourth official, provided that he has not restarted play or terminated the match.