Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 10th October - Non League Day

Firstly, I am not Mr Goss. Secondly, why would it be the right thing to do to concede the game and give the opposition a pat on the back when it wasn't 'won' by the correct method? Everyone knows penalty kicks are a lottery and can have all kinds of outcomes. Would Hertford just say to Hale Leys you can progress to the next round even though we shouldn't have played extra time had the 'result' been the other way round!? I think not.

Quick question for all of the forum members.

Who governs a match & applies the rules of the game?

Is it . . . 

A: Match Officials or

B: A Club Secretary

Rules of the Competition?

Laws of the game?

C: Both A and B.

The responsibility of the match officials is to apply the Laws of the Game while adhering to the Competition Rules.

Why can't it be both?

It's very easy to pin it on the referee, isn't it?

Yes it is when they are supposed to be in control of a match.

Can a club secretary (even one who attended the AGM) spot an off-the-ball incident, stop play, issue a red card or a penalty?

Of course not, down to the officials who appear blameless almost every time according to the committee.

Yes it is when they are supposed to be in control of a match.

Can a club secretary (even one who attended the AGM) spot an off-the-ball incident, stop play, issue a red card or a penalty?

Of course not, down to the officials who appear blameless almost every time according to the committee.

No-one had said the Referee and Assistants are blameless - indeed they are being dealt with by the FA and Mick Ewen, respectively.

Your complaints seem to be about the Management Committee's decision of a replay....

Secondly, why would it be the right thing to do to concede the game and give the opposition a pat on the back when it wasn't 'won' by the correct method? .

by the correct method of putting the ball in the net more times than the opposition? ... Which Hertford did that night?

You need to take it on the chin and move on Gossy, you guys are looking bitter from the outside.

Karen please dont palm it off on the teams, it's not Hertfords fault that the ref made a mistake(and mistakes do happen-lets remember he is only human). And it's also not Hertfords fault that they could adapt to the conditions of extra time better on the night than Hales. A replay alone is an unfair punishment to them, fact.

Edited by RendonBodgers

Karen please dont palm it off on the teams, it's not Hertfords fault that the ref made a mistake(and mistakes do happen-lets remember he is only human). And it's also not Hertfords fault that they could adapt to the conditions of extra time better on the night than Hales. A replay alone is an unfair punishment to them, fact.

I don't make the rules, if you don't agree submit your complaints in writing to the Management Committee

Rules of the Competition?

Laws of the game?

C: Both A and B.

The responsibility of the match officials is to apply the Laws of the Game while adhering to the Competition Rules.

Are club secretaries always at every single game to help apply these laws and rules then P? ...

I don't make the rules, if you don't agree submit your complaints in writing to the Management Committee

I know you don't make the rules Karen , you're smarter than a person that would make a rule up such as rule A1.2 to state that they can change the rules if they wish.

But ... In saying that I do disagree with the decision of the management committee, so that would be a good move. Could anyone please point me in the direction of an address to forward my complaint?

Are club secretaries always at every single game to help apply these laws and rules then P? ...

Should they not be, or have a competent deputy, given all the duties they are required to do on the day.

The club secretary is also the official club marker of the referee is (s)he not? Therefore, some knowledge of the competition, like whether there is extra time or the rules regarding teamsheets etc. would be helpful.

At the end of the day the ref has mucked up, will have to take his medicine and learn from the experience (during his time off no doubt) I guess. I can't believe the assessor couldn't say anything if only to get the league out of trouble. Put it on the assessment that he had to intervene to stop an error in competition rules.

Should they not be, or have a competent deputy, given all the duties they are required to do on the day.

The club secretary is also the official club marker of the referee is (s)he not? Therefore, some knowledge of the competition, like whether there is extra time or the rules regarding teamsheets etc. would be helpful.

At the end of the day the ref has mucked up, will have to take his medicine and learn from the experience (during his time off no doubt) I guess. I can't believe the assessor couldn't say anything if only to get the league out of trouble. Put it on the assessment that he had to intervene to stop an error in competition rules.

Sooooooo ... Is that a yes or no....

However the problem is that last year's (2014/15) handbook is also available on t'internet, and any Google search for an SSMFL handbook takes you to the 'old' version.

Everyone that has a mobile phone with internet can access the 2015-16 handbook through Full Time. Referred to it many times. Easy.

Edited by OD's

Everyone that has a mobile phone with internet can access the 2015-16 handbook through Full Time. Referred to it many times. Easy.

Fully understood, but you like I, know where to look. However, as I pointed out this morning a Google search for the SSMFL Handbook takes you to an 'old' version, as I have had to explain on more than one occasion.

It might be 'less confusing' if the 2014/15 version was taken down.

Edited by Whitley Bay

I did point out to the Management Committee that last season's ssmfl.org website had the old version, and having just checked the old handbook is still showing so I have e-mailed the Vice Chairman to action.