Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tue 13th & Fri 16th Match Thread

Very true JR!

They were unhappy that I named and shamed the players, but they will have no problem liking, retweeting and sharing the report if it says they scored a great goal! 

The report was a little bit larger than usual but the match did go on for nearly two and a half hours!

Last nights game between Hartley and Horley. 

Fairly decent game and Horley have vastly improved on the last few seasons. Pleased to be into the next round, pleased to have bounced back from our shock FA Cup exit and also pleased with the two 16 year olds who made their full debuts last night. Positive night all round for us.

Penalty or not - obviously our bench was adamant and from my view the ball did not deviate at all.....where as perhaps the Horley camp will feel he got studs on the ball. 

Edited by Millers

Not a bad game mate,thought your young keeper had loads of confidence and carries himself very well, from where we were stood there was only gonna be one winner,good to see you have plenty of depth in your squad,Horley never gave up and it was good to see them go right to the final whistle as you say they are much improved.

He does Duncs, came to us last year at 15 and I would have played in some games as was good enough then. Thought he had a good 2nd half as did the young left back. Thought when Argent came on he and Edd Smith clicked instantly which really swung a relatively close game in our favour. 

very enjoyable game to watch and yer i agree the young left back looks decent,after the game i was asked by a guy if I was Duncs and i had to own up,, turns out it was your Dad and he was very complimentary to me,I will look out for him next time and have a chat with him.

Last nights game between Hartley and Horley.

Fairly decent game and Horley have vastly improved on the last few seasons. Pleased to be into the next round, pleased to have bounced back from our shock FA Cup exit and also pleased with the two 16 year olds who made their full debuts last night. Positive night all round for us.

Penalty or not - obviously our bench was adamant and from my view the ball did not deviate at all.....where as perhaps the Horley camp will feel he got studs on the ball.

Totally agree looked like a penalty to me. Both teams had 4-5 normal starters missing so it didn't have the flair that was expected. But all the lads that played did a good job and played in the right manner.

Look forward to the 2 league games.

Millers, loving your confidence!

I know you have a good team this year, but surely your Cup defeat at Step Two Eastbourne Borough wouldn't have been by anyone else as a "shock" ;)

Duncs - Eversley were excellent in all bar one aspect of their play and as I say if three teams finish above them at the end of the season I will be very surprised.  Played some decent football and their keeper even threw the ball out at times to their defenders :)

Hoggie - I agree you gave a very good account of yourselves and should get promoted.  Also tend to agree that the big decisions seemed to go our way but in my opinion it doesn't help your cause when you start on at the ref in the very first minute.  Your team is too good to worry about anything other than beating what is in front of you.  Easy said than done at times to be fair.