Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chesham United v Enfield Town 4th Qualifying Round FA Cup 24/10

waggamick1

This FA Cup match has really fired the imagination of Towners, and you sense a real buzz of optimism that we are good enough to win this match, and progress to the First Round Proper.

It will not be easy, but our players will benefit from the loud vocal support and encouragement of the Enfield Town Ultras, plus a large contingent of other Towners, as we look to continue our impressive unbeaten run, and chalk up another victory in this famous cup competition.

There is only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything. To win tomorrow our players need to do just that!

Very best of luck to Brad and the boys. Let's give it 100% and do the business guys!

T.E.A.M. - Together Everyone Achieves More

'COME ON YOU TOWN'

The BIG DAY has arrived!

Just over 6 hours to kick-off.  All roads lead to Chesham today for Town's biggest match in our short history.

Let's be there to support our guys, with loud vocal support from start to finish, so they deliver the result we all want.

Good luck everyone.

See you there!

Time to vent a little. No, not at the referee - I don't think he was the reason Town lost today. I thought we played into Chesham's hands all day. They had 4 very large defenders. These defenders predictably won pretty much everything in the air. We were playing a system with 3 central defenders and what appeared to be wing-backs (- I don't like Ryan Doyle playing in a defensive three). Ricky Gabriel got forward a couple of times all match, Mickey Parcell barely got forward at all. Instead, we were whacking long balls forward which were meat and drink to the Chesham defence.

I think Brad needed to change tactics for this game. The way we were going to win was to get WINGERS past their full-backs and have them cross the ball from the bye-line. That did not happen all game.

Did Brad try and change the shape of the team/tactics? Who knows. I'm thoroughly disappointed because that was a relatively good draw in the final qualifying round of the cup. I think that Town playing at their best could've progressed.

All that being said, Chesham deserved the win. Nathan made 3 superb saves in the last 10 minutes to keep us in with a sniff.

Onwards and upwards!

Towners!

I Agree with TCC, the ref made a few wrong decisions but it was our performance that let us down today. Chesham are a decent outfit and we needed a top drawer performance to get the win. From the experience of the last 2 cup games, the southern league is more physical than the ryman prem presenting a different challenge. Still well done to Brad and the boys for making history and taking us to Q4. Only 1 week til the Trophy starts and that road leads to Wembley too! COYT

Edited by 1F in Enfield