Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 17th October - Match Thread

The match report from our narrow defeat to Chertsey Town is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/Fix2015.16-20.html

The scoreline was about right and the one bit of real quality was the goal; an excellent strike from a free kick. On another day we'd have got away with a draw but we need to do more. We were missing two and maybe three after the kicking we got at Banstead and that would have definitely helped us, but this is a squad game and maybe this is where we are lacking slightly in terms of a run at the top three.

My original estimation after our opening day draw with Windsor was that we would be a couple of places lower this season than we were last term. I've seen enough to convince me that we can be top six this year but anything else would be a pleasant bonus.

No comments on the Abbey Rangers  v  Dorking FC game  ?

It's probably right under the present circunstances.  I have now had time to chat to various people 'in the know' so it's now a case of 'watch this space'.

This one could become somewhat interesting after national press coverage, though we will have to wait for the referees report and the any FA decision.

It might well take weeks/months, so it's 'hold your breath' time, yet again.

It's probably right under the present circunstances.  I have now had time to chat to various people 'in the know' so it's now a case of 'watch this space'.

This one could become somewhat interesting after national press coverage, though we will have to wait for the referees report and the any FA decision.

Nothing to say really is there. Not much has been said but hopefully those that are guilty will be severely dealt with by the authorities.

Not always the case though

What a surprise. BJR knows about it but is saying nothing.

See if you can step outside of your "I'm saying nothing" mode sometime in the next 29,000 posts maybe...

Rother

Why the interest and why the irony in your post

Are you having a bad day or is it frustration with your own club and performances if so have a quiet word with the Windsor ram....

What a surprise. BJR knows about it but is saying nothing.

See if you can step outside of your "I'm saying nothing" mode sometime in the next 29,000 posts maybe...

The thing is, obviously living in Dorking, I get to hear plenty of 'Hearsay' statements.  You all know what bar-talk is like.

What I CAN say is that @getsurrey tweeted yesterday afternoon that the Surrey F.A. are ALREADY holding an investigation which I assume to be in advance of the next CCL league meeting.

p.s. Found the link....

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/football-match-abandoned-after-fracas-10292404

Edited by Big J R

It is correct that the abandonment and the circumstances around it are in the hands of Surrey County FA.

It will be for the League then to decide what happens with the match once the County has dealt with the matter.

Thanks Alan.

Glynn adds his take on the incident at Abbey Rangers in the Dorking Advertiser today.

http://www.dorkingandleatherheadadvertiser.co.uk/Ugly-scenes-place-game/story-28027637-detail/story.html

Be interesting to see if Dorking can use their 'friends' within Surrey FA to get away with another half time abandonment!?!

No smoke without fire! 

As I posted earlier, this incident is already being investigated by the Surrey F.A., so best we wait and see the outcome of that before it goes to the League..

I totally fail to understand your reasoning behind your statement of DFC  having 'friends' at the F.A. !!  The new Meadowbank ground will be run by the F.A. on behalf of Mole Valley District Council, not DFC or any other local club to Dorking

Edited by Big J R