Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 1 Greens 3

Swifty

So, the only arch we'll see this season is the McDonalds on the London Road.

Congratulations to Kidlington on a thoroughly deserved victory which could, and probably should, have been more emphatic. They chased everything, harried and hassled for every ball, and closed down our lads to the extent that, on many occasions, we never had time to think about the next pass let alone execute it. Best of luck to them in the next round against Deal Town.

After Samad gave us a 19th minute lead against the run of play, I hoped we'd kick on, but we gave Jack Quainton too much room for an equaliser off the inside of the near post in the 33rd and, sadly, after a man of the match performance on Saturday, Tyler gifted Eric Odhiambo a goal on the stroke of half time - just one of those things, and I'm not singling Tyler out as he had a solid game. We were much better after the break but, once Lewis Gabbidon got Kidlington's third in the 52nd minute, it was too much to ask to get back in the game.

Praise for Russ, who manfully mopped up as much as he could, and thumbs up to George for putting himself about up front and looking a handful when he came on as a sub. Otherwise, I'm afraid injuries to key players, and the ineligibility of a live wire re-signing, have cost us dearly.

PS  - Good to hear Beano on the mic - just like old times. A good sport, as he was roped in less than half an hour before kick off.

Archived