Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Manager

Jab_n17

If anyone on here watched the recent documentary on salford fc the new managers that their board appointed after the team started to slide down the table definitely had a bit of the ,"Jamie Stuart's" about them and what a massively positive impact they had on there team....if a young and hungry manager can't start his career at this level what hope is there. Having known personally and worked with Jamie I know he has the passion,knowledge and contacts to succeed

yes did watch that documentary and the new bosses were ruthless but it did the job in getting Salford results and no player even the so called 'better players' were treated any different, everyone was an equal and to prove the point they even dropped their main striker that was scoring for fun.  JS does look that part and also working alongside Terry Brown etc for two seasons or so I'm sure he's picked up valuable knowledge in being a manager of a Non League team and the problems and issues that go with it...  

There are advantages to promoting from within. JS/NB will know our players and have seen all our games this season, so know our strengths and weaknesses already. Plus there is the financial advantage of not adding a new name to the wage bill, relevant given the club are paying off TB and SC's contracts, which won't be cheap.

A worry is the extra responsibility might affect NB's form, which would be a big negative as he has been pretty much our best player.

"

There are advantages to promoting from within. JS/NB will know our players and have seen all our games this season, so know our strengths and weaknesses already. Plus there is the financial advantage of not adding a new name to the wage bill, relevant given the club are paying off TB and SC's contracts, which won't be cheap.

A worry is the extra responsibility might affect NB's form, which would be a big negative as he has been pretty much our best player.

As everyone would agree(well I hope they would!) NB has to be one of the best in the league,but I'm not sure I'd agree about getting a manager "on the cheap",or" not adding a new name to the wage bill"(whatever way you look at it)is the way forward for the club.

How much proven experience of managing has he got? In my opinion "Player Managers" never seem to work out properly for any club.A new manager would, I believe,sort the wheat from the chaff at training and games. How is he going to be better for MFC than TB was(considering the vast experience that TB had at managing)?

This smacks of a knee jerk reaction,and if the team continue to not perform,will the board sack him and get ANOTHER man in for the job!?(which they should have done before getting rid of TB)

I just hope that my predictions don't come true!

"

As everyone would agree(well I hope they would!) NB has to be one of the best in the league,but I'm not sure I'd agree about getting a manager "on the cheap",or" not adding a new name to the wage bill"(whatever way you look at it)is the way forward for the club.

How much proven experience of managing has he got? In my opinion "Player Managers" never seem to work out properly for any club.A new manager would, I believe,sort the wheat from the chaff at training and games. How is he going to be better for MFC than TB was(considering the vast experience that TB had at managing)?

This smacks of a knee jerk reaction,and if the team continue to not perform,will the board sack him and get ANOTHER man in for the job!?(which they should have done before getting rid of TB)

I just hope that my predictions don't come true!

good post with some valid points and guess as the saying goes 'time will tell'.  I personally think that NB along with JS have a head start in their new roles as they've been with the club a few years and do know the team of players they have at the club as in strengths, weaknesses etc etc, where's a new manager would have to access the squad he's been brought into to get the team up the league which could take a few games.  As we all know not all 'well named' managers or players to be fair guarantee instant success, so the best of luck to NB and JS.....now get us up the table!!!!!!

like everyone, i really wish NB well-and hope it works out for him,club and supporters.

i think i am more aligned with NKN view .

I so want to be wrong-but an honest view is that end of January, team wqill be in 21st place, panic will set in.just like holloway before, NB will be told its not working,re-offered opportunity to stay on-won't as a point of principle and the club will be looking for another manager and a good goalkeeper.

that said-decent start today-realising that he can't both manage and 'keep.

so sacked himself as captain as well then.

Good luck NB

Up the 'Gate

Nikki is giving up playing to concentrate on management. He is hoping to bring in another keeper this week but if not, he will play on Saturday.

Regards his inexperience I would just cite Jay Saunders who suddenly became the Maidstone manager from nowhere and he is doing pretty good! n

good video to be fair.

new breed of manager syndrome-all good.

take the point about JS,floyd hasselbank and a few others.

i would suggest though that there is a massive difference and massive more pressure , taking on a team halfway through a season, who are in relegation spot, and where you have been part of that team yourself.

it'll take more than half a season to distance yourself -and unfortunately-the next 4 fixtures are as tough as they get-which will mean the pressure mounts.

wishing him well to pull it off.

Up the Gate

Nikki is giving up playing to concentrate on management. He is hoping to bring in another keeper this week but if not, he will play on Saturday.

Regards his inexperience I would just cite Jay Saunders who suddenly became the Maidstone manager from nowhere and he is doing pretty good! n

Don't want to worry you BGA,but when Jay Saunders first took over as player/caretaker whatever manager,the Stones were relegated! :o  :(

Hope that's not an omen of things to come!

Just read the info in the paper about just doing one job. As mentioned by you guys, good decision IMO. Be interesting to see who he gets as keeper. Believe he saved you guys a few times (hard spot to fill?).

yes very good keeper prob one of the best in the league if not the best and yes he has save a few points in his saving and scoring

To be fair to Jay NKM, Maidstone were doomed before he took over. However he gave it a good try winning I think 5games out of the 9 they had left.

Nikki/Jamie have more than double that so, I for one, have great faith in them to succeed

Edited by BlueGate Alan