Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cove FC

lazarus

Teagan

Always loved playing against Cove and always enjoyed the hard physical games with great hospitality afterwards

I would definitely have put my name in the hat had I not taken on a 2-3 year post with Windsor u18s

I wish Cove every success and for me u don't have to look much further than Judo Jonno and Duncs

Very well said, Weebs !

I'm sure someone qualified will come forward and take on a worthy challenge.

Teagan

Always loved playing against Cove and always enjoyed the hard physical games with great hospitality afterwards

I would definitely have put my name in the hat had I not taken on a 2-3 year post with Windsor u18s

I wish Cove every success and for me u don't have to look much further than Judo Jonno and Duncs

Thank you x

Just hope Cove look at the long term vision for their Club,when appointing a New Manager.

My advice would be go for a younger Manager,who has vision for the future well being of Cove FC.Not a

household name to many,who will promise the earth,then fail.

Just hope Cove look at the long term vision for their Club,when appointing a New Manager.

My advice would be go for a younger Manager,who has vision for the future well being of Cove FC.Not a

household name to many,who will promise the earth,then fail.

But young managers on here cant succeed. You must pick experienced heads. Apparently.

Cove u/18s could not raise a Team v Met Police,whats going on,is that because the players had an allegiance to the 1st team manager?

They had won their last two league games 13-0 and 5-0 and 2nd in table btw!

My advice to Cove is to go for a Manager that agrees with their vision. Not one who has his own views, as clearly Cove need a period of settlement. They will be in Step Six next year so a new man coming in would need to understand this, and that they may be there for a while as they reorganise. Contacts would be nice, but you could bring most of the Farnborough first team in and they'd still probably go down this year, so a longer term view is required and as I say, it must be one that agrees with the club's view on where they should be.

That may make the post less attractive at first look, but there's no point thinking anything different can happen in the short to medium term. As Smudge says, no point the club bringing in someone who is promising the earth.

There seems to be a lot of talk of young managers not being successful, surely the top 6 teams in the league currently have relatively young managers?? Unless I've lost touch with young!!

Can we have the ages of the top 6 teams currently?? I bet the average age is 38-40 ish. Surely that's young in managerial terms??

I mentioned once that older managers tend to win more,with all the chinese whispers and spin that is put on everything that is said on here it is now reported that some of us only think managers should be of a certain age,what i have said is management does not replace playing (nothing can)so play as long as you can,now some sh1t stirrers have taken that and spewed out a load of crap,CLIT you need to get a life as you interpret everything wrong.

I mentioned once that older managers tend to win more,with all the chinese whispers and spin that is put on everything that is said on here it is now reported that some of us only think managers should be of a certain age,what i have said is management does not replace playing (nothing can)so play as long as you can,now some sh1t stirrers have taken that and spewed out a load of crap,CLIT you need to get a life as you interpret everything wrong.[/quote

]

Honestly. CLIT really. That's your level?

I havent misinterpretated anything. Alot of your posts have pointed out that you believe to many youngsters are managing at this level and theres to much difference between youth/reserve and senior football.

My question to you is do you have to wait 10 years before you become an acceptable age to be given a go at senior level?

Clubs like Cove is an ideal place for a younger manager to go in with a plan and have time to oversee it. To many experienced managers believe they can go into any job. Take all their contacts with them and achieve everything. Its not always the case. Many experienced managers fail because their first plan doesnt come off and then theyre left wondering where to go.

I was 29 when I got my first managers job at Fleet Spurs (step 6), people said I was too young after i was turned down for the job at Bracknell, however 6 years on and I am managing in the Southern Premier.... as a manager you have to start somewhere, and I was prepared to come down to a level I had never played at to cut my teeth (bit like Michael Charles is doing at Alton), and others should do the same.

I applaud some of these clubs that have taken a gamble on younger lads, in particular Millers, Turks and Ben Murray are all doing superb jobs.

I hate to do this but here goes.

Duncs has always said that experienced heads tend to win things.  He has never said you shouldn't appoint younger managers and has always been gracious enough to admit when he has got it wrong. 

His point is his opinion is that cove should appoint someone with some experience if they want to get out of the trouble they are in.  Surely he is allowed his view on that even if it doesn't concur with others views ?

I think good managers come in any colour size or shape and also age as long as there not in there nappies still, what is important is that they have respect from the team, fans and club officers and also know what they are talking about, to say age is relevent is a bit narrow-minded.

Edited by eye1

May I point out, without being slagged off, that after a succesion of several 'ageing' managers, Dorking Ladies now have a young, (early 20's), male manager who is starting to get results, getting them through to the quarter cup final games.  He also manages another mens team in Surrey.

On a personal level, I think he may well be in line for much higher things in later life, and I mean MUCH higher !!

Edited by Big J R

If young management has Abit of experience it can work very well, as pointed out re likes of Turks, Millers, Juppy and Ben all doing great jobs.

At Hartley, Millers and Brown who r joint managers are 34 and 29 respectively, I'm 29 as of last week (happy bday to me) and Joe is 25.

We even have a young chairman who can only be in his late 50's

If young management has Abit of experience it can work very well, as pointed out re likes of Turks, Millers, Juppy and Ben all doing great jobs.

At Hartley, Millers and Brown who r joint managers are 34 and 29 respectively, I'm 29 as of last week (happy bday to me) and Joe is 25.

We even have a young chairman who can only be in his late 50's