Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  

Strouts signs for the Wings

Jimmy Strouts tonight signed for Welling (on loan i believe), I believe he is a hard, fiesty holding midfielder. We need someone to win the ball and shore up the center along with Danny Slatter and enable the wide men and Slatter to get forward, do you think he is a good signing for Welling? [color:"red"] [/color] [color:"red"] [/color]

When things start getting a bit rough in the midfield battles, shout for Strouts! Adds that certain 'controlled hooligan' element. Should do well in central/defending mid-field position even though he scored our first goal of the season. Very motivational as well. Nice bloke.

Given our habit of picking up suspensions, we need him, so I hope he has only signed on loan.

Yes, he'll do a good job for you. Played all match against Notts County & did a fine job breaking up the opposition's play. Strong tackling, no nonsense. Just don't let him pick up too many disclipinary points while he's with you.

Graham S

Doesn't that mean Strouts will be playing with Phil Collins? And wasn't it Collins who was needling Strouts for the whole of last season's New Year game?

Heh heh. Go on Stroutsy, kick him in the nackers for me!!

That's no great short-term loss, with Perkins and McKimm (Gradley too) our centre-midfield future. Stroutsey is a great player, though,he is invaluable when it comes to desire and effort.