Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 12th December Match Thread

Red4ever

like I have said before I do the odd bit of scouting for the Ash United manager and its great to see he has turned it around, I know he puts in a lot of hard work and effort into the club.  Watch this space as I have another couple of players up my sleeve for him which will only push them onto another level.

The CCL is a fantastic league and long may that continue to grow strong :D ​ 

Yes he is doing very well,long overdue some would say,where you getting the players from ?

Having announced a random affiliation to Dorking FC I have to confess my most recent returns to Blighty have seen me at Westhumble as the popular opinion seemed to suggest that was the best local football on offer. Well it is local I guess but Very poor lately . Too many changes on the pitch and no reaction to the game situation.

Dorking mid table ? Are they getting better?

Well, they ain't getting any worse !

You seem to keep 'Dodging Out Of 'Blighty'  ?  :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Dodging the tax-man, perchance ??

:bolt:

Edited by Big J R

Here is the match report from our 1-0 win at Badshot Lea.

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/Fix2015.16-30.html

it wasn't our greatest performance, but some credit for that goes to the opposition who have recently beaten both Hartley and Horley so are no pushovers.

Another tough one coming up at home to SCR on Saturday.

Here is the match report from our 1-0 win at Badshot Lea.

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/Fix2015.16-30.html

it wasn't our greatest performance, but some credit for that goes to the opposition who have recently beaten both Hartley and Horley so are no pushovers.

Another tough one coming up at home to SCR on Saturday.

Reasonable report & i thought Epsom did deserve the win as the defended alot better.

But first paragraph... Until you have your own ground it's abit hard to knock others as that all I heard the second half...I don't disagree it needs some work done but that needs money & that's hard to come by these days

Reasonable report & i thought Epsom did deserve the win as the defended alot better.

But first paragraph... Until you have your own ground it's abit hard to knock others as that all I heard the second half...I don't disagree it needs some work done but that needs money & that's hard to come by these days

Good shout aupostie.

Sorry Gareth you have the wrong end of the stick here.

My report explained simply that the Ash ground looks a bit sorry for itself. Right now this is a fact with temporary fencing all over the place. It makes no difference what team the reporter supports. Just because my team has no ground currently (yawn, heard it all before) has no bearing on the report which is, as always completely factual. Simon Inglis is recognised as a major authority on grounds, going back to the early nineties when his book came out, yet would his views be less relevant if he had supported Wimbledon (ground sharing at Palace) instead of Aston Villa. Of course not. The facts are the facts, regardless of whether it was me reporting or a reporter from a club that did currently own their own ground.

If you look back historically on this forum you will see that I have praised and defended Ash before for getting many of their games on. I fully recognise that it is difficult. I bloody should do after 22 years where my only crime is to support a club that lost its ground, yet people still want to use that stick to beat us with. By the way, it's a twig now, as it's been used so much it has worn down.

It doesn't give me any less right than someone else to state the obvious.

I used the metaphor to explain that in contrast it was probably one of our players favourite grounds as he had played so well there on two occasions and I thought that was fairly obvious. I'm sorry if your paranoia got in the way of your understanding of my report.

Rich, your reports are very good. I was at a game you reported on earlier in the season and I thought it was fairly accurate, even though I was with the opposition. You have obviously taken aupostie's comments to heart, but let's not forget, you didn't even watch Ash on Saturday. I am neither here nor there on groundsharing so have no axe to grind either way.

Sorry Gareth you have the wrong end of the stick here.

My report explained simply that the Ash ground looks a bit sorry for itself. Right now this is a fact with temporary fencing all over the place. It makes no difference what team the reporter supports. Just because my team has no ground currently (yawn, heard it all before) has no bearing on the report which is, as always completely factual. Simon Inglis is recognised as a major authority on grounds, going back to the early nineties when his book came out, yet would his views be less relevant if he had supported Wimbledon (ground sharing at Palace) instead of Aston Villa. Of course not. The facts are the facts, regardless of whether it was me reporting or a reporter from a club that did currently own their own ground.

If you look back historically on this forum you will see that I have praised and defended Ash before for getting many of their games on. I fully recognise that it is difficult. I bloody should do after 22 years where my only crime is to support a club that lost its ground, yet people still want to use that stick to beat us with. By the way, it's a twig now, as it's been used so much it has worn down.

It doesn't give me any less right than someone else to state the obvious.

I used the metaphor to explain that in contrast it was probably one of our players favourite grounds as he had played so well there on two occasions and I thought that was fairly obvious. I'm sorry if your paranoia got in the way of your understanding of my report.

Wasn't really having a dig at you rich, but I stood by several of the Epsom supporters in the second half & all they did was moan about the ground, lights, pitch etc.(as well as the officials)....even the person I was standing with got fed up.

I have tried not to put a response on here but I have to respond in support of Grumpy who works tirelessly with limited resources. We like Epsom have no ground but we are edging ever closer and until we are in you won't hear me moaning about the facilities, pitch etc.

Maybe Epsom should concentrate on getting their money together for promotion or maybe towards the new ground. It is not a personal dig at you Rich but you must expect that although you want to portray yourself as a font of all knowledge but independent, everything you write is seen as Epsom's views.Anyway, I think our effort deserved a point or more but fair play to you guys, defended well and got the points in the end.

Rich, your reports are very good. I was at a game you reported on earlier in the season and I thought it was fairly accurate, even though I was with the opposition. You have obviously taken aupostie's comments to heart, but let's not forget, you didn't even watch Ash on Saturday. I am neither here nor there on groundsharing so have no axe to grind either way.

Don't understand your point Bronco I was reporting on a game played at Ash's ground. It has no bearing on my report whether we were playing them.

Edited by E&E Rich

Wasn't really having a dig at you rich, but I stood by several of the Epsom supporters in the second half & all they did was moan about the ground, lights, pitch etc.(as well as the officials)....even the person I was standing with got fed up.

Understand Gareth, point taken.

I have tried not to put a response on here but I have to respond in support of Grumpy who works tirelessly with limited resources. We like Epsom have no ground but we are edging ever closer and until we are in you won't hear me moaning about the facilities, pitch etc.

Maybe Epsom should concentrate on getting their money together for promotion or maybe towards the new ground. It is not a personal dig at you Rich but you must expect that although you want to portray yourself as a font of all knowledge but independent, everything you write is seen as Epsom's views.Anyway, I think our effort deserved a point or more but fair play to you guys, defended well and got the points in the end.

Mark I am well aware of the work Gareth does at Ash and have not at any point in my report criticised anyone at the club. It is very sad that a club with the history they have are having difficulties. I also defended Cove the other day too, when many people on here could easily have wanted the book thrown at them following a short notice postponement that cost us all individually time and money in going up to the game for no reason.

I can't speak for our supporters, some of whom are parents of players, although they are entitled to their opinion and we have seen some shocking officials recently. Saturday's one chose to book our keeper for shouting at his own defenders from forty yards away because his English was not that great and didn't understand what our keeper was saying. We fine our players double the charge for a dissent booking but we have let Michael off of this one, and we wouldn't have done that unless it was obviously wrong.

As for me though, I will put my views on any ground or opponent and it makes no difference to a factual report whether the writer has no ground, a temporary one, or have even left a ground to chase a site elsewhere. 

I have never said that I am independent, I have said that I deal with the facts and if we are poor I will say so. I won't hide away from the truth and try my hardest to be fair. Ash's ground has seen better days. Since the wall blew down the more accessible end of the ground is a mesh of wire fencing and cages which makes viewing difficult. These are not made up statements. I actually thought the pitch played quite well and have also supported Ash when others on this site have moaned about the state of the pitch. Additionally, I did say in my report that you were worthy of a point. That was indeed the case.

What I am trying to get across here is that I used this description to dovetail nicely with the fact that one of our players seems to love playing there and has been superb on his two visits. It's called adding contrast to a report and you also need to remember that it is about writing towards your audience, and my principal audience is Epsom followers. Nobody else matters by comparison and I'm sure any other club reporter would say the same.

As for our ground, do you really think that we are not concentrating on trying to get a new ground? You've been away five minutes compared to us and if anyone thinks we have an unlimited pot of money to pour into the Chipstead coffers and are sitting on our backsides while it happens they need their head examining. Anyway, what has that got to do with me staying up until just after midnight on Saturday evening writing a report? This point is irrelevant. 

Sometimes I wonder whether it is worth producing a match report, when clubs who don't bother never seem to get moaned at but are often the first  to whine. Then I remember that I am writing it for fellow Epsom followers and realise that this is all that matters.

Don't understand your point Bronco I was reporting on a game played at Ash's ground. It has no bearing on my report whether we were playing them.

No real need to mention the ground Rich, particularly as it isn't the ground of the team you were playing. Plenty of grounds in the CCL need a bit of work. Your football reports are good enough not to mention anything else in my opinion.

You didn't, but we'll leave it at that.

I think I did actually. Pity I have to spell it out, but I'll humour you.

"What I am trying to get across here is that I used this description to dovetail nicely with the fact that one of our players seems to love playing there and has been superb on his two visits. It's called adding contrast to a report and you also need to remember that it is about writing towards your audience, and my principal audience is Epsom followers. Nobody else matters by comparison and I'm sure any other club reporter would say the same."