Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 9th January Match Thread

F/T FC Romania 1 Camberley 2 FC Manager also sent off

It certanly sounds an interesting match !!

Cobham v Eversley & California abandoned after 69 minutes due to floodlight failure. Score 1 1 at time.

Pitch was beginning to show surface water at end

Probably rain water in the electrics !!

:ph34r:

Missed their manager getting sent off.  I got out safely as I know you will all have worried.

Got there nice and early and the fans were already at it with flags and drums.  All good stuff.  Teams came out and flares went off and lots of ribbon thrown on.  All good fun.

Camberley took an early lead and within the first 10 minutes it was clear they didn't mind a tackle.  They also didn't mind what they got.  Within 20 minutes their captain, who was dreadful, should already been sent off for 2 dreadfully late challenges.  He managed another one before half time as well !  Anyway as the half wore on FC Romania came much more into and were a real threat going forward and it is probably fair to say it was no surprise when they equalised right on half time with a lovely move and finish.  Half time 1-1 and about 3-0 in cards !

2nd half we started off well again and took the lead in the 2nd minute.  The home skipper decided to smash the ball at one of our players which missed.  Fortunately for him the ref didn't notice.  In the end though his luck run out when 10 minutes later he was fouled and aimed a kick at our player.  It took the ref around 3 minutes to finally send him off, I think it may have been the 4th official that finally convinced him it was time for the bloke to go.  I also believe he also spat at one of our players.  A couple of minutes later a really awful challenge saw a 2nd red.

To be honest they never really threatened to equalise.  A couple of balls across the box and if we had been a bit more clinical we could have made it a bit more comfortable for ourselves.  In the 11th minute of stoppage time another player could easily have been sent off when he went straight through the back of one of ours and had a kick at him on the ground.  The ref sufficed with a yellow and blew the whistle literally the second we touched the ball for the free kick. 

It didn't end there either and I would suspect a report will be landing on the desk of the FA from the ref on Monday !

People say the CCL is not a good step 5 league.  Well on the evidence I would suggest they are wrong !  We(as in CCL sides) have taken out the top teams in the Sussex and the Essex league and fingers crossed Knaphill will do the same to the Hellenic !

Edited by Krooner

Have to feel a bit for Sheerwater who were 2-0 up halfway though 2nd half when match was abandoned but looks like the Grumpy Groundsman at Ash has another admirer  ;)

so I couldn’t believe my luck when el numero uno choice of the day was still on, having passed a couple of inspections, the latest being at 1.30pm .. leaving one of the best dedicated groundsman I’ve seen in a while, just working away until kick off, spreading his sawdust and forking as much as he could .. a hardy soul, who without, we would not of seen any game today .. a truly great effort .. just a shame he couldn’t control the weather above. 

Missed their manager getting sent off.  I got out safely as I know you will all have worried.

Got there nice and early and the fans were already at it with flags and drums.  All good stuff.  Teams came out and flares went off and lots of ribbon thrown on.  All good fun.

Camberley took an early lead and within the first 10 minutes it was clear they didn't mind a tackle.  They also didn't mind what they got.  Within 20 minutes their captain, who was dreadful, should already been sent off for 2 dreadfully late challenges.  He managed another one before half time as well !  Anyway as the half wore on FC Romania came much more into and were a real threat going forward and it is probably fair to say it was no surprise when they equalised right on half time with a lovely move and finish.  Half time 1-1 and about 3-0 in cards !

2nd half we started off well again and took the lead in the 2nd minute.  The home skipper decided to smash the ball at one of our players which missed.  Fortunately for him the ref didn't notice.  In the end though his luck run out when 10 minutes later he was fouled and aimed a kick at our player.  It took the ref around 3 minutes to finally send him off, I think it may have been the 4th official that finally convinced him it was time for the bloke to go.  I also believe he also spat at one of our players.  A couple of minutes later a really awful challenge saw a 2nd red.

To be honest they never really threatened to equalise.  A couple of balls across the box and if we had been a bit more clinical we could have made it a bit more comfortable for ourselves.  In the 11th minute of stoppage time another player could easily have been sent off when he went straight through the back of one of ours and had a kick at him on the ground.  The ref sufficed with a yellow and blew the whistle literally the second we touched the ball for the free kick. 

It didn't end there either and I would suspect a report will be landing on the desk of the FA from the ref on Monday !

People say the CCL is not a good step 5 league.  Well on the evidence I would suggest they are wrong !  We(as in CCL sides) have taken out the top teams in the Sussex and the Essex league and fingers crossed Knaphill will do the same to the Hellenic !

Good report Krooner, and I like the bit at the end. To add to that, we at Farnham did it twice to top Hellenic sides (Highworth and Thame) earlier in the season in the FA cup. Good luck in the next round!

Have to feel a bit for Sheerwater who were 2-0 up halfway though 2nd half when match was abandoned but looks like the Grumpy Groundsman at Ash has another admirer ;)

so I couldn’t believe my luck when el numero uno choice of the day was still on, having passed a couple of inspections, the latest being at 1.30pm .. leaving one of the best dedicated groundsman I’ve seen in a while, just working away until kick off, spreading his sawdust and forking as much as he could .. a hardy soul, who without, we would not of seen any game today .. a truly great effort .. just a shame he couldn’t control the weather above.

What do you mean another admirer...it's my only admirer... Only doing my job

Agree also about sheerwater.. Fully in control of the game & deserved to collect the points, but also have to agree with the referee decision as the heavy rain that came down shortly into the second half made the pitch very unplayable... Gutted tho as the club's efforts throughout the day & week have gone to waste

Windsor 0-1 Wood report here - http://wibbandune.simplesite.com/417806039

Result aside, thanks to all at Stag Meadow, on and off the field, for a most pleasant day out at football. 

Windsor 0-1 Wood report here - http://wibbandune.simplesite.com/417806039

Result aside, thanks to all at Stag Meadow, on and off the field, for a most pleasant day out at football. 

Nice comments, Chris.

I always enjoyed the hospitality at Stag Meadow in the past.

Well done to Camberley!

Goals from today at Cobham before the lights went out and the monsoon came....

Your usual great coverage, Trevor.

Sorry no-one could find a 50p for the meter so you could finish the game !

Frimley Greens game yesterday has slipped under the radar.  The Rec has always been a dreadful place when it has rained with it running of the hill so there must have been some serious effort put in yesterday to get their game on.  Credit to all at Frimley Green for that.

Your usual great coverage, Trevor.

Sorry no-one could find a 50p for the meter so you could finish the game !

Thanks JR, what little there was!

The ref came back out after 10 minutes or so and then officially abandoned it. Almost immediately it started to hammer it down (which was nice as I had parked in the public car park  :( ) and carried on all the way home. Bearing in mind there was still 20 minutes to play, I wonder if we'd have completed the game even if the lights were back on.

Not the greatest of afternoons, but i guess the players may have been pleased to get a run out even if they have to do it all again later.